[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Billy Joel's Legacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Billy Joel.jpg (126 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
Billy Joel.jpg
126 KB, 1401x788
He gets a lot of shit.
Does he deserve it or is he one of the greats?
>>
hes cool
>>
Of course he deserves it all of his music is just an obnoxious dude on coke trying to be meaningful
>>
he's everything that's wrong with music
>>
>>63933178
What makes you say that?
>>
He was very successful and did well as a pop musician in his time, but his art couldn't transcend the period in which it was created by the nature of what it is. He's not one of the greats in the grand scheme of things but if you like what he's playing then that's fine.
>>
>>63933144
>>63933178
Here's some proof that Billy Joel is the new Queen/The Doors of /mu/, in a year or two you fucking plebeians will be sucking his dick
>>
>>63933204
five words
>we didn't start the fire
>>
>>63933229
What's going to happen to have that come about smart guy?
>>
>>63933230
You've probably ONLY heard we didn't start the fire
>>
>>63933277
/mu/ is a competition about who can be the most contrarian, no musical critique happens here, thus in a year or two people who didn't like him will be sucking him off to go against the tide.
ex. Queen, The Doors, The Beatles
>>
>>63933106
The Stranger should rightfully go down as a classic album. He was a good musician, but he just leaned a little too eagerly towards the commercial.

I feel the same way about Joel as I do about The Eagles, which is pretty much summed up in this post here:
>>63933208

I do think both of these artists have moments of "greatness," and a serious pop/rock listener should encounter some of their stuff, but they aren't major artists.
>>
>>63933340
That's not going to happen.
>>
>>63933106
The Stranger is his only good album

For the Longest Time is good too but We Didn't Start the Fire is one of the worst songs ever made
>>
>>63933106
If Elton John is a great, then so is Billy Joel. In fact, Billy is the better singer/songwriter.
But realistically, neither are really Fookin' Legends, but are simply good pop artists.
>>
billy joel is my most hated musician ever

fuck him
>>
turnstiles is a good ass album
>>
autotune keeping him in the picture past 15 years

52nd street is a very nice album though
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.