[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
Thoughts /mu/?
>>
Work of art.
>>
File: obv.gif (456 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
obv.gif
456 KB, 500x282
>>63892047
great
>>
DU
DE
>>
only one good song desu
>>
>>63892172
weed
>>
very good. still like bongripper better tho
>>
>>63892191

laughing my ass off
>>
>>63892190
kek
>>
vocals are horrible, totally ruined my high
>>
>>63892219
I hated them the first time I listened
>>
>1st listen: Wow, this just drags on and on doesn't it. Ugh.
>2nd listen: Eh, half of this ain't too shabby
>3rd listen: Fuck, this is good.

They're playing in my city in June with Windhand. So fucking stoked.
>>
DROP
>>
>>63892047
Utter shit
>>
>>63892639
ayy just like u
>>
>>63892219
major obstacle for me as well. hopefully one day you learn otherwise. maybe get a grip on OM and work backwords?

>DUH-
>>
Despite virtually being a household name, it's not entry level stoner metal but rather one of the very greatest examples of the genre.

You hear the note "C" a lot, but there's a tremendous amount of content once you get a handle on it. The drums are the most obvious, but the overall architecture is quite astounding as well once it comes into focus.

Also, three of the most spectacular and lyrical guitar solos of all time.

Once you get a taste for this then you can move on to real deal minimalism like Sons of Otis' Songs for Worship, which probably has fewer riffs across its 9 songs than "Dopesmoker" does in its one.
>>
File: original (1).jpg (645 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
original (1).jpg
645 KB, 1500x1500
It was the heaviest album of all time until a few months ago
>>
It's a fantastic record that I should really listen to again. It also made me realise that I shouldn't fault pop music for being "repetitive", since this is fucking repetitive as hell. The soundscape it creates is absolutely amazing however.
The lyrics are pretty fucking stupid, though the fact I can barely understand them due to Cisneros' (arresting, and quite fun) vocals means it's all good.

Funnily enough this was my introduction to stoner metal and Sleep in general. It did its job I guess.
>>
File: 2891_photo.jpg (94 KB, 604x911) Image search: [Google]
2891_photo.jpg
94 KB, 604x911
>>63892457
OUTTTT
>>
>>63893815
I definitely had to work my way up to it going the QOTSA > Kyuss > gradually heavier shit route.

Actually I heard Come My Fanatics before I heard Dopesmoker, and I thought it was total garbage. Now of course it's a favorite.

Also this was all back when it was Jerusalem and the real mix hadn't even been released y et
>>
>>63893815
>Cisneros' (arresting, and quite fun) vocals
I love his vocals so much. has the perfect character and affect for this music
>>
>>63893668
>he hasn't listened to horseback battle hammer

oh you poor fool
>>
>>63893974
I was lucky enough to be into drone metal and other heavy stuff via Boris and Sunn O))), so that Dopesmoker wasn't too much of a hassle.
>>
>>63893948

OF
>>
>>63893994
I love all the Conan albums

But I think they've gotten progressively better! Surprised you disagree famalam
>>
>>63893984
Yeah, I love trying to sing along. He's got some massive lungs though, so I can't usually manage it. For some parts however...

>>63894043
LYYFFFFFFFE
>>
>>63894032
That explains it. I couldn't make heads or tails of the droney stuff at first.
>>
>>63894084
>Yeah, I love trying to sing along. He's got some massive lungs though, so I can't usually manage it. For some parts however...

Neutral Milk Hotel in a nutshell
>>
>>63894084

WIIITH
>>
>>63894114
BONGGGG
>>
>>63894661
INNNNNNNNNNNN
>>
>>63894732
HAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDD
>>
File: 200_s.gif (58 KB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
58 KB, 355x200
>>63892428
>1st listen: I may be too stoned or is this the same song?
>2nd listen: Jesus I've got shit to do. Oh well this solo is tight
>3rd listen: What its over? Whats that sound...silence? thats so weird
>>
It's ok, I'd rather listen to Om though
>>
>>63894771
FOLLOWW
>>
>>63892428
I love windhand. they're from around where I live. The singer girl has some nice solo stuff they played on the local radio.
>>
I got like 15 minutes in and ended up changing it. It felt so repetitive. I guess I can try again tomorrow, but man, that 15 minutes felt way longer than it actually was...
>>
Why is it called stoner metal? This always sounds like shit to me when I'm high.
>>
>>63895692
THE SMOKE TO THE RIFF FILLED LAAANDDD)))))))))))))
>>
>>63895862
slow down there body. we've still got 42 minutes to fill
>>
DROP OUT OF LIFE WITH BONG IN HAND
>>
>>63892190
Ha
>>
Too long, boring. Holy Mountain is better.
>>
It feels exactly like the album art
A long stoned journey through a desert

>ONWARD CARAVAN PREPARE NEW BONG
>>
>>63897599
What's the deal about caravans? What's so stoney about them?
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>63892190
>>
>>63892190
heh
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.