[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh. You don't collect CDs anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Why not?
They are inexpensive. They can be converted into FLAC or MP3 easily. They still play in most cars and still give you the full album experience from beginning to end with full artwork still included.
>>
I do collect cds
>>
Its hipster to collect CDs now, kek.
>>
I have been for years, but I'm poor so I only have 200
>>
>>63874027
I collect folders with files in them. There will never be a better format in the history of mankind.
>>
File: iStock_000012003914XSmall.jpg (104 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000012003914XSmall.jpg
104 KB, 425x282
>>63874081
yeah man so much music to be stored in files
>>
I buy CDs and convert them to flac for archiving. I then throw the CDs into the trash. I have the archive data on a NAS, of which I keep a regularly updated off site backup. I also buy flac data directly from sites like bandcamp. I hate lyrics booklets, artwork and any additional information that isn't the music itself. I keep only front covers to easily distinguish albums in my library.

I also keep a copy of all my owned albums as v0 mp3 for copying on portable devices.
>>
I started collecting them since last year or so. For some reason they make me really nostalgic, I like it. Also, EAC FTW
>>
>>63874154
>throw the CDs into the trash
packaging, artwork, and all??
>>
>>63874081
Until your computer get wiped or hacked
Wew lad
>>
>>63874154
You idiot you know CDs take up to 200+ years to decompose. That's so bad for the environment.
>>
>>63874170
Yes

>>63874181
Yes
>>
>>63874027

>They are inexpensive.
Wrong. They are fucking expensive
>They can be converted into FLAC or MP3 easily.
So? Theres many mp3 and other meme codecs of it on internet already
>They still play in most cars and still give you the full album experience from beginning to end with full artwork still included.
I dont have a car and i dont care about artwork.
>>
>>63874197
>buys CDs for a digital copy of music
we
w
la d
>>
>>63874200
It's the only way to make absolutely sure to get a quality copy of the exact version of a release you want without wasting any physical space on bullshit and sometimes supporting your favorite artists on top of that. (the latter is only true for artists who don't have many intermediaries grabbing the money or it's second hand stuff)
>>
>>63874266
who cares dude
>>
>>63874200
I hardly ever spend more than 5 dollars on a cd. but i have different places I go to look and know exactly what cds i want before I stop into a store.
>>
>why don't I collect CDs?

I do, but I prefer vinyl

>artwork bLA bLA

No. Artwork is far better on a vinyl LD than a CD also I can convert my vinyl so that's a stupid argument too.
Vinyl is so much more fun.
>>
>>63874382
yeah, i'll agree that vinyl is more fun, but it is so damn expensive. If I were to collect vinyl, I'd probably think ahead of time exactly what kind of genre etc I am collecting for (like old punk or black metal etc)
>>
>>63874406
It's not that expensive if you know where to look. I got a great pressing of ITCOTCK for like $2 in. Bargin bin.
>>
I do, but only if they're a good price. Most often <70p on amazon so they end up costing £2 with postage. I only own about a dozen, mind you. Now and again I'll decide I want a couple, but that's literally twice a year.
>>
I just prefer the sound of CDs to Vinyls. I prefer the cleaner, less distorted sound. The high-end also sounds a lot clearer on CD and digital too imo.

Though, some records are worth a spin on Vinyl, just for to get the "intended experience of the artist"
>>
>>63874482
don´t know man, if you have a clean pressing and a high end tube amp, it doesn´t really get any better than that.
maybe the mastertape on reel to reel
>>
>>63874362
Cares about what. This is literally what the thread was about.
>>
>>63874027
>collecting a medium which has a lifespan less than 500 years
>>
>>63874636
>Existing as a species which has a lifespan less than 100 years

stay pleb
>>
>>63874154
You fucking idiot
>>
>>63875448
What's the problem here?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.