[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bowie, trying to be cordial, motioned to Zappa and said,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 400x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 400x390
>Bowie, trying to be cordial, motioned to Zappa and said, "Quite a guitar player you have here, Frank." And Zappa said, "Fuck you, Captain Tom." Bowie persisted, "Oh come on now Frank, surely we can be gentleman about this?," but was met once more with the same reply from Zappa: "Fuck you, Captain Tom." David said, "So, you really have nothing to say?" Zappa said, "Fuck you, Captain Tom." After that, Bowie, Belew and Bowie’s assistant simply got up and left.

Wow, why was he such a dick?
>>
to be fair bowie was stealing his guitarist. but zappa is a faggot regardless
>>
this is wrote so badly, i can't tell who's talking.
>>
>>63839825
bowie stole adrian belew
>>
>>63839857
Either refresh the page or see a doctor.
>>
>ywn beat the shit outta Frank Zappa

Missed opportunity, Bowie. I would have knock his lights straight out/
>>
>>63839825
Bowie was stealing Frank's guitarist.
>>
>>63839825
>there are people browsing /mu/ RIGHT NOW who genuinely find zappa's behaviour here endearing

i'm glad rock music is dead. at least now people are slowly starting to demistify rock stars and realise that an asshole is just an asshole. now the same just needs to happen to shit-eaters like kanye
>>
File: CaptainTomBTFO.png (107 KB, 265x345) Image search: [Google]
CaptainTomBTFO.png
107 KB, 265x345
>>63839825
>>
>>63839825
so frank zappa was getting cucked by bowie and his only come back was
>f-fuck you captain tom

embarrassing
>>
Zappa was always a dick.
>>
Don't act like Bowie wasn't just as much of a cunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPi0mkWkTco
>>
>>63839825
Bowie stole his guitarist and Zappa didn't had the money to cast another one.

Bowie made a dick move and Zappa BTFO the shit out of him
>>
>>63840835
this video is like 95% either absolute cunt interviewers, or playful banter. you don't understand british culture, leave the board forever
>>
>>63840835
noting really cunty here desu
>>
>>63840905
>when bowie does it is banter
>when frank does it is a cunt
wew
>>
Zappa>bowie
>>
>>63840936
I can't believe I'll say this but the tripfaggot is right.
>>
>>63840890
You realize if you say BTFO you don't need the extra "the shit out of him" after
>>
>>63840905
Oh yeah, that's why there are so many videos of McCartney and Jagger acting the same way. British culture.

Wait. There aren't any. He's just a cunt.
>>
Peaches En Regalia is his only good song.
>>
>>63840931
how do you not see the difference between the two?

saying fuck you to someone is not really banter
>>
>>63840835
Someone just tried to interview him about why his mother's been seen crying and he just sort of stared.

I'd have been livid.
>>
>>63840955
trip on
>>
>>63839857
you're fucking retarded
>>
>>63840835
idk what youre talking about this is actually pretty good, not cunty at all
>>
>Noah, trying to be cordial, motioned to Deak and said, "Quite a synth rig you have here, Josh." And Deak said, "Fuck you, Panda Man." Noah persisted, "Oh come on now Josh, surely we can be gentleman about this?," but was met once more with the same reply from Deak: "Fuck you, Panda Man." Deak said, "So, you really have nothing to say?" Deak said, "Fuck you, Panda Man." After that, Panda, Avey and Panda’s assistant simply got up and left.

Wow, why was he such a dick?
>>
>>63839857
>this is wrote
>wrote

This is written so badly I can't figure out what you're saying.
>>
>>63841784
this lol
>>
>>63840332
To be fair he did steal Adrien Belew
>>
>>63840931
Frank does have banter tho
>>
>>63841824
how does one "steal" a guitarist?
>>
>>63840766
>this
you coulda been cool, or you coulda fucked his shit up. he took the shit-diaper middle road.
>>
>caring about a musicians personality
Zappa's best is better than Bowie's best
>>
>>63841993
(not true btw)
>>
zappa is objectively better musician and in this case zappa was livid about the fact that bowie stole one of his best guitarist by simply watching him and zappa play live while bowie was backstage, then later after the show, he took blew aside and made him a contract offer he couldn't refuse, and he jumped apps ship, anyway the reason zappa was so mad was because it was either in the beginning or the middle of his tour, and belew was trained by frank to know what the play and to also keep up with franks conducting, needless to say it was very complex and difficult music, you could not just "wing it" with frank, he really wanted it to be as seamless and perfect as possible, so losing his best guitarist at the time really fucked up his tour because everything was already booked, frank would have needed like 6-7+ weeks of rehearsals to make sure the band knew what they were doing
>>
>>63842257
shut up
>>
Bowie followed a trend, Zappa created one.
>>
>>63842257
This might be true, but Belew had an obligation and didn't commit. Bowie might have pulled a dick move, but like the story goes: she didn't have to suck his dick.
>>
File: 2129509696_be14dfebf6_o.jpg (837 KB, 2000x1327) Image search: [Google]
2129509696_be14dfebf6_o.jpg
837 KB, 2000x1327
>>63842425
fair enough but i don't know why this thread is even here though zappa and bowie are both really great but in my opinion zappa is just the best compared to bowie but the incident was minor overall
>>
I think Frank Zappa is my favorite musician. He has more good albums than any musician ever., but God, he was such a dick.

>>63842257
Zappa was working on Baby Snakes at the time, so the dude would've had to wait for Zappa to finish his bad movie and receive no pay all the while. Just because you discover a musician does not make them yours.

>>63840416
saved
>>
>>63842567
yea but below could have at least reciprocated and finished his business with frank before he jumped ship, after all he would not have had bowies offer in the first place if it wasn't for zappa,
also zappa really was not that much of a dick he just hated stupid people
>>
>>63842643
If intelligence is something you're born with (or without) scolding someone for lack of intelligence is a dick move.
>>
>>63842643
>zappa really was not that much of a dick

He probably thought Bowie was the dick by being sarcastic.
>>
>>63842673
noone is perfect
>>63842732
i thought that too
>>
>>63839857
...are you retarded?
>>
They both seem like passive aggressive cunts tbqh, but Zappa seems like he'd be a little bit more upfront about it.
>>
>>63842049
What has Bowie done that's ever come close to Zappa's best?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.