[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't seen a single person on mu actually talk about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: babyfather.jpg (171 KB, 970x550) Image search: [Google]
babyfather.jpg
171 KB, 970x550
I haven't seen a single person on mu actually talk about the political aspect of Babyfather. All the talk about it has ranged from 'it's avant crap' to 'it's avant genius' but no one has shown they have even a slight understanding of the very obvious political statements the album makes.

What gives?
>>
>>63835588
i heard a poster hear call it "TPAB but for britain"
>>
>>63835588
This makes me proud to be British.
>>
>>63835614
i havent heard TPAB but that post kind of makes sense
>>
>>63835588

You fucking first
>>
>>63835614
is this accurate? not gonna lie i listened to track 1 then stopped
>>
i read the tinymixtapes review of it and they went deep into exploring the political and social themes of the album, but honestly it made it sound kinda annoying and tumblr-y
>>
>>63835614
the more i think about it, the more accurate this seems to me
and one fairly definitive aspect of TPAB/BBF is that they're not "political" records so much as a showcase of their respective artists' personal emotions and trials and temptations etc relating to the environment they were raised in and how all of that's changed as they've changed throughout their musical careers

anyway to answer your question, I guess because dean's a lot subtler and more subdued about the way he presents himself here, as befits his musical style and just his general demeanour I guess
I mean there are quite a few /mu/tants who still don't even understand kendrick's album so they've no hope here
>>
>>63835588
>>63835614
>>63835633
>>63835635
>>63835636
>>63835640
>>63835694
>>63835734
This makes me proud, to be, British.
>>
>>63835694
>kinda annoying and tumblr-y

why do you even bother trying to have thoughts of your own?
>>
So what is the political message of this album?

just "DUDE REFUGEES ARE GOOD LMAO"?
>>
>>63835588
political art is inherently shit
>>
>>63835870
go back to /pol/ the album has nothing to do with the refugee crisis
>>
>>63835941
all art is inherantly political
>>
>>63835734
>that they're not "political" records
>, I guess because dean's a lot subtler and more subdued about the way he presents himself here

Babyfather is OVERTLY political and NOTHING is subtle about it.

The fact so few are aware of this makes me realize how fucking dumb everyone is.
>>
>>63836252
>So few are aware of this
Everyone who's listened to the first track is very aware how political the album is m8
>>
>>63836270
then why has none of the praise of criticism from people here addressed it that way?
>>
>>63836270
Everyone who's listened to the first track is proud to be british
>>
>>63836252
>The fact so few are aware of this makes me realize how fucking dumb everyone is.
you can't claim a position of intellectual superiority before you've explained your reasoning
>>
>>63835694
Marcel ALSO went deep into exploring the political and social themes of the album in his review. What gives /mu/?
>>
>>63835588
Too little too late.
>>
>>63836342
I actually wrote a few paragraphs earlier and then deleted them cause I decided I would rather pretend to be retarded and just see if other people discuss it so I can better gauge how others think when I have to interact with people in my life.

So yeah, retarded not
retarded here, tipping my fedorag
>>
>>63836252
>>63836342

this. you claim it's so obvious only a retard wouldn't understand. well then enlighten us or shut the fuck up and delete your completely useless thread
>>
>I can't believe nobody gets it!
>"what?"
>woww you idiot you don't get it? it's so obvious

fuck off you moist cunt
>>
>>63835734
I found it to be closer to Britain's NYC Hell or Skid Row thematically than TPAB.
>>
>>63836308
Because you're on fucking 4chan
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.