[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bands like Ween?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: BxwgnpNIMAEb5q5.jpg (30 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
BxwgnpNIMAEb5q5.jpg
30 KB, 576x576
So recently I got into Ween, more specifically fell in love with The Mollusk. I already have heard all their other stuff and it's great. But any similar bands that are great like Ween? Psychdelic, weird etc.
>>
offhand ween solos etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5r9OAF3QLo
>>
>>63773453

Thanks. This is decent, although it seems more subdued. Any other stuff?
>>
>>63773421
is that Ugly Frank?
>>
dunno if there are many bands like ween out there, but if you're looking for duos with a good range of musical styles and a deep understanding of music composition you could check out they might be giants (suggested albums: apollo 13 and flood) and the fiery furnaces (blueberry boat and widow city).
>>
>>63773421
The pod is ween's best album. Make sure to listen to god ween satan and pure guava too
>>
>>63774300

I like Pure Guava the most out of all those. The Pod and GodWeenSatan are cool too though. I guses part of me likes the trippy side more than some of the harder stuff too. But I like some of it. It's all rad.
>>
File: mittens.jpg (71 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mittens.jpg
71 KB, 640x360
>sea shanties
>>
>>63774300
actually Quebec is the best
>>
>>63774836

Idk, I love the Mollusk slightly more

I'd say: The Mollusk > Quebec > White Pepper > Pure Guava > The Pod > Chocolate and Cheese > GodWeenSatan > Shinola Vol. 1 > La Cucaracha
>>
File: 1437199860851.png (73 KB, 255x309) Image search: [Google]
1437199860851.png
73 KB, 255x309
>>63774870
> leaving out 12 golden country greats
>>
>>63774927

Eh, not into country that much honestly. But I do like a few of the songs. It's kind of cool and fun. I just rarely find myself listening to it.
>>
>>63773421
The Residents, Mr Bungle and Butthole Surfers come to mind
>>
>>63774870
>god ween satan that low

also this >>63774927
>>
Check out Beck and Frank Zappa's discography. Also Mr. Bungle.
>>
Butthole Surfers, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Beck, Mac Demarco's early stuff
>>
>>63773421
King Missile and Bongwater
>>
Does Ween have any other worthwhile albums? All I ever see is the Mollusk
>>
>>63780101
Their whole discography is amazing. IMO they have like 4 other albums that are as good if not better than the Mollusk. I think the Mollusk is just a bit overrated on here because of the good p4k review and Ocean Man. Still an amazing album nonetheless.
>>
>>63780101
Quebec, Chocolate and Cheese, the Pod, Pure Guava, he'll most of their albums are great and The Mollusk isn't even their best work
>>
>>63780142
>>63780133
Thanks, I'll check them out!
>>
>>63774870
WRONG

OBJECTIVE RANKINGS INCOMING

the pod=quebec>gws=mollusk>chocolate=guava>white pepper>shinola>cucaracha
>>
>>63774870
Hot opinion coming through
GodWeenSatan > Quebec > The Mollusk = The Pod > Pure Guava > 12 Golden Country Greats > Chocolate and Cheese > Shinola Vol. 1 > La Cucaracha
>>
>>63780636
Fuck me i forgot White Pepper
GodWeenSatan > Quebec > The Mollusk = The Pod > White Pepper > Pure Guava > 12 Golden Country Greats > Chocolate and Cheese > Shinola Vol. 1 > La Cucaracha
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.