[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why people hail bands like Boredoms,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: memerio.png (69 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
memerio.png
69 KB, 250x250
Can someone explain to me why people hail bands like Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD and Muslimgauze.
>>
Pick one or two for people to explain, lad. That's a long as fuck list.
>>
>>63769220
it's a meme
>>
>>63769253

I'm aware.
>>
>>63769125
What's wrong with those?
>>
luigi russolo just gave me a literal fuckin headache.

what the fuck is this secret weapon shit.
>>
What would make me more patrician? Actually listening to these artists? Or pretending i hate them?
>>
because they like them, I assume
>>
>>63769574
Make a meme out of everything you love until you hate them. That's the patrician way
>>
>>63769433

He was the first person to make noise music. He made a bunch of weirdass instruments that existed solely to make weirdass noises. He is arguably one of the most important musicians of the 20th century.
>>
That's a lot of bands, OP. Anyway, it seems you don't like industrial music. If you don't get it, I couldn't possibly explain it to you.
>>
How could you dislike Wesley Willis?
>>
people tend to have different tastes
>>
>>63769742
pretty much. but OP can't stand that they do.
>>
>>63769824
I can respect this except for the being a musician part. unless he also played the violin or something.

"producer" works better for him.
>>
>>63769419
They're slightly more outsider and "weird" than most. That's why they're in a list.
>>
>>63769125
>hating Royal Trux, Beeheart and Krayola

Never talk to me or Aaron ever again
>>
>>63769125
Zappa does suck though.
>>
>>63769993
forgot my trip =)
>>
>>63769961

Composer, maybe. He did conduct an orchestra that combined his Intonarumori with normal instruments.
>>
Secret Chiefs 3 are actually fun to listen to and not pretentious at all. Not sure why they're on the list.
>>
>>63769824
noise is not music and never will be
>>
>>63770247
No shit. It's noise.
>>
>>63770247

>He hasn't read Russolo's book on this subject
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.