[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly don't understand why anyone likes Trout Mask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Trout_Mask_Replica.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Trout_Mask_Replica.png
159 KB, 300x300
I honestly don't understand why anyone likes Trout Mask Replica. It's a really bad album, sure the picture funny or whatever, but it's just a poor choice in music.
>>
>>63767415
Trouté masque replika is fucking amazing op, what the hell is wrong with you
>>
File: 1421001642483.jpg (9 KB, 253x238) Image search: [Google]
1421001642483.jpg
9 KB, 253x238
>>
>>63767470
Fuck you nigger
>>
>>63767415
I have to say that TrOuT N
>>
>>63767415
how many hours of jazz have you listened to OP?
>>
Is this the logical conclusion to music?

As in, is this better than OK Computer?
>>
The guitar playing was the worst, I mean Neutral Milk Hotel was a little better, but not alot, it was still bad too
>>
>>63767517
OK Computer hasn't got shit on TROuT MᴀSk REpLJCᴀ
>>
>>63767546
>implying tmr isn't shit teir
>>
Blur is honestly better than them by a longshot
>>
>>63767601
Fuck you op, captain beefheart is what i cry to at night dude, it's the best fucking shit in the world you just domt understand. Dude like me heart, it's so black.
>>
File: comic book guy.png (87 KB, 244x322) Image search: [Google]
comic book guy.png
87 KB, 244x322
Possibly the greatest rock musician of all times, and certainly one of the most original and influential geniuses of the 20th century, Don Van Vliet, also known as Captain Beefheart, completely erased all musical dogmas and simply reinvented music on his own terms. Formally, his style blends Delta blues, free-jazz, cacophonous avantgarde and rock and roll, but what is unique about Van Vliet's music is the oblique, skewed, manic, unpredictable and demented structure of his compositions. The desert (where he grew up) could be a better key to understand his art than any of the influences that one can hear on his albums. Along the way, Van Vliet also created one of the most original styles of singing ever, one that, again, revolutionized centuries of vocal music. The gruff, abrasive, werewolf-grade, warbling of Van Vliet beat the bluesmen at their own game: it did more than express a state of mind, it redefined what a state of mind is. Van Vliet's singing is a force of nature. Van Vliet composed what is arguably rock music's main contribution to the history of music, Trout Mask Replica (1969). This masterpiece, that straddles the border between blues, jazz, rock and classical music, is a post-Cage-an study on tonality. He was also one of the wildest eccentrics of his time, and his music may simply be a one-to-one reflection of what was going on inside his blessedly deranged mind. Unfortunately, Captain Beefheart and the music industry did not get along too well. Later, he managed to record at least two brilliant albums, Shiny Beast (1978) and Ice Cream For Crow (1982), but eventually disappeared from the music scenes and turned to painting. And the similarities between his songs and the art of painting became more obvious. The distance between Captain Beefheart and the rest of rock music is the same distance that there was between Beethoven and the symphonists of his time.
>>
>>63767858
What would Beethoven say of him then
>>
>>63768013
bbeettsoben was death
>>
o captain my captain
>>
>>63768049
Fuck you foggot
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.