[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain Vaporwave to me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: vapowhat.png (103 KB, 524x251) Image search: [Google]
vapowhat.png
103 KB, 524x251
Can someone explain Vaporwave to me?
>>
>>63758741
slowed down 80's pop
>>
It sounds shallow and meaningless on purpose, as a parody of shallow and meaningless modern pop music.

The whole point is for it to suck, yet people claim it's actually good for some reason.
>>
emotional teenage whales
>>
Why does it seem related to autism.
What does Aesthetic mean.
Why is it related to abandoned malls?
>>
>>63758741
It's a meme.
>>
>>63758816
>Why does it seem related to autism.
Because it was invented in a 4chan thread as a deliberate attempt to create a new genre. It's a "forced meme" that went too far.
>What does Aesthetic mean.
The emotional inflection of the music. Vaporwave is trying to evoke shallow consumerist culture.
>Why is it related to abandoned malls?
Because abandoned malls represent shallow consumerist culture.
>>
File: Essential_vaporwave.jpg (3 MB, 3500x5000) Image search: [Google]
Essential_vaporwave.jpg
3 MB, 3500x5000
>>63758741

“a brief glimpse into the new possibilities of international communication and a parody of American hypercontextualization of e-Asia circa 1995"

https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Vaporwave&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYWAY YOU KNOW IT'S JUST A LITTLE TOO LATE IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYWAY YOU KNOW IT'S JUST A LITTLE TOO LATE IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYWAY YOU KNOW IT'S JUST A LITTLE TOO LATE IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYWAY YOU KNOW IT'S JUST A LITTLE TOO LATE
>>
>>63758741
All it is, is nostalgia for 80's/90's consumer culture. Stuff like old computers and shopping commercials.
>>
>>63758816
>What does Aesthetic mean.
>>
Just think of it as creepy plunderphonics.
>>
>>63758893
Can someone link me to H1 please? I am too fucking pleb to know how to find it on my own.
>>
>>63759080
It's on internet club's bandcamp.
>>
>>63759080
>>63759366

https://internetclub.bandcamp.com/album/-
>>
It's something droney or ambient to listen to while doing work
>>
perhaps you should fucking listen to it if you want an explanation
>>
>>63758741
Music that is shallow and meaningless. It's the musical embodiment of everything cheesy about capitalist society. It's popular because of our yearning for a happy go lively life style we had before 9/11.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.