[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biophilia is the ______ bjork album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: biophilia_large.jpg (473 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
biophilia_large.jpg
473 KB, 1425x1425
Biophilia is the ______ bjork album
>>
eighth
>>
most mature and focused
>>
most autistic
>>
only
>>
File: biophilia.live.png (590 KB, 938x646) Image search: [Google]
biophilia.live.png
590 KB, 938x646
>>63683053
Minimalistic

Though I love the album and all the huge art project behind it, it's glorious.
>>
>>63683182
That stage in Paris was outstandingly beautiful.
>>
filler
>>
>>63683089
>>63683270
>>63683098
So much plebs on this board.
>>
>>63683279
Shut the fuck up faggot literally no one asked
>>
>>63683053
abstract
>>
>>63683053
Conceptual

With Biophilia Bjork has become a visual, multimedial and also disciplinary artist. The record itself it's minimalist and dark, with some gorgeous emotional depths, but I’ve understood that judging this concept album only for its music it's an incomplete critique. This is an extraordinary piece of art, perhaps more a modern opera, where Björk and drummer Manu Delago are at their virtuosic best. Biophilia is not just music, it is made by a dazzling audiovisual spectacle that benefits from the full cinematic treatment. And all this combined with her music and her voice is a magical experience.

It's a conceptual project with emphasis on live multimedia installations, scientific and naturalist thematics, based on the interaction between man and technology. Each song of the record corresponds to a specific application for iPad, designed by her, which is able to change music according to whether or not the meaning / criterion of the song itself. These apps are made by structures which adapt every time for a new form made personally. An intelligent and creative way of bringing out the first world app-album ever released (which got now a place into MoMA).

In the song Thunderbolt she used a Tesla Coil in order to work as a tool in the background, which creates notes and lightning at the time; during live you can see it on the stage. In this project were used original special instruments, such as the Hang, the Sharpsichord, the Gameleste, the Gravity Harp, all invented on purpose for this occasion (except the hang). However, the album is enigmatic, dark, abstract and at the same time surely her most minimalistic one, but I reiterate that Biophilia is a totally different experience if connected to its intense live performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Scr7wcqKk
>>
>>63683444
One hundred percent accurate man. Also I've been to one of the live performances in 2013, and I can confirm that Biophilia live has been one the most magical things I've ever experienced directly.
>>
>>63683444
This.
>>
shittiest
>>
>>63683444
Biophilia is the Conceptual

With Biophilia Bjork has become a visual, multimedial and also disciplinary artist. The record itself it's minimalist and dark, with some gorgeous emotional depths, but I’ve understood that judging this concept album only for its music it's an incomplete critique. This is an extraordinary piece of art, perhaps more a modern opera, where Björk and drummer Manu Delago are at their virtuosic best. Biophilia is not just music, it is made by a dazzling audiovisual spectacle that benefits from the full cinematic treatment. And all this combined with her music and her voice is a magical experience.

It's a conceptual project with emphasis on live multimedia installations, scientific and naturalist thematics, based on the interaction between man and technology. Each song of the record corresponds to a specific application for iPad, designed by her, which is able to change music according to whether or not the meaning / criterion of the song itself. These apps are made by structures which adapt every time for a new form made personally. An intelligent and creative way of bringing out the first world app-album ever released (which got now a place into MoMA).

In the song Thunderbolt she used a Tesla Coil in order to work as a tool in the background, which creates notes and lightning at the time; during live you can see it on the stage. In this project were used original special instruments, such as the Hang, the Sharpsichord, the Gameleste, the Gravity Harp, all invented on purpose for this occasion (except the hang). However, the album is enigmatic, dark, abstract and at the same time surely her most minimalistic one, but I reiterate that Biophilia is a totally different experience if connected to its intense live performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Scr7wcqKk [Embed] bjork album?

That doesn't make a lot of sense anon
>>
>>63683089
>>63683270
>>63684503
I bet this people didn't even listen to Bjork in general.
>>
>>63684567
>waaaahh someone has a different opinion
>>
>>63684520
This reply doesn't make sense at all desu.
>>
>>63684582
Non-argumentative shit opinions don't count.
>>
>>63684593
It was sarcasm desu, you didn't get it.
>>
>>63684593
It was sarcasm desu, you didn't get it
>>
most patrician
>>
>>63684520
kek
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.