[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really has good/important as Scaruffi says?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: trout mask replica.png (88 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
trout mask replica.png
88 KB, 220x220
Is it really has good/important as Scaruffi says?
>>
Good? Nah. Safe as milk was a better rock album

Important? Sure, why not
>>
>>63655129
P much a dude creating his own musical language from the ground up, so yeah p important. That being said, he's not the only one too do something of that nature, its more that he was one of the first.
>>
>>63655129
Shit meme album
>>
>>63655129
FAST AND BULBOUS
>>
>>63655129
>its good because it's supposed to be bad
>>
>>63655133
God not this contrarian again
>>
a masterpiece of dissonance
>>
yep its fucking wicked
>>
if scaruffi said a recording of your screams while shoving a metal ruler up your arse was good/important would it make the /mu/core chart?
>>
not nearly as important, it's purported influence is just a scaruffi meme. but it is very good and only a pleb would deny that
>>
>>63655361
>not nearly as important, it's purported influence is just a scaruffi meme. but it is very good and only a pleb would deny that
John Peel was talking about how important the record was way before Scruffles.You guys act like Scaruffi was the first person to shed the light on the record when most people haven't even heard of Scaruffi.
>>
he thinks trivialising external things can evaluate the internal, he's morally edgy
>>
>>63655391
certainly in terms of a /mu/ meme, in how it's considered here, Scaruffi meme-ery is very much a part of that.
>>
Scaruffi is a liar
>>
>>63655133

>Safe as milk was a better rock album

IMO they're equal but you can't deny that Safe As Milk is more poppy/less ambitious.
>>
>>63655197
to say that safe as milk is a better rock album isn't really contrarian. it's accessible and immediately enjoyable, has a cool, dirty garage rock sound, and sports some legitimately catchy moments. trout mask is hardly a rock album.
>>
>>63655580
Yea, but it's retarded that mu's taste in avant-rock stems from this stupid Italian.
>>
>>63656352
not him but i'd say it was more in the spirit of rock and roll
raw experimentation
>>
>>63656368
sure, i could see that
>>
Nobody really cares what scruffy thinks. But it's a pretty tight album. But def less accessible than Safe As Milk.
>>
>thinking Scaruffi is the only critic who hails this album
>>
Are there any documentaries about the making of TMR? The story of it is crazy, almost like a Manson cult.

I must say it isn't my favourite album, but I can't help but keep looking up information on it and listening to it
>>
>>63655197
You stopped reading at "better", didn't you?
>>
>>63656867
Lol seriously. Rolling Stone had it in the top 50 of their Top 500 albums list.

ROLLING STONE.
>>
>>63655129
good? yes
important? not really
>>
>>63655129
Good? Hell, no.

Important? The power of memes has already been revealed. This album is one big meme.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.