[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prod/ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 15
File: PROD_03.png (392 KB, 640x645) Image search: [Google]
PROD_03.png
392 KB, 640x645
>Production Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff
http://pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>Somebody please fix or remove bad links, it's in a pretty sad state right now.

>/prod/ wiki - still looking for contributors (wink, wink, WINK)
http://mu-sic-production.wikia.com
There's a severe lack of DAW descriptions in the wiki. If you're good with your tool of choice, consider writing a paragraph about it.

Remember to use clyp.it to post your tracks/WIP : posting a clyp.it is just providing sound for a question, posting a soundcloud
link is making self-advertisement and the thread doesn't need that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to check other peoples' clyp.it links to keep the thread healthy.

>What kind of projects do you work on?

>Are you a freelance producer or do you work with a group?

>Are you a solo artist?

>Do you make music for commercials/ads/etc or literally just performance music?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More to this. But FIELD TOO LONG. Bull shit. Don't know when that happened. Must be something new.
>>
Some one asked to add this here

Please stop bashing all other DAWs, if you don't like something that's cool, but at least give everyone a chance.
If you can't except that, please don't enter the thread, you will get ignored.
Just a quick reminder to all you idiots that are constantly bashing other DAWs because you use Ableton and think for some reason thats hot shit. Ableton is literally as much as a joke as FL in the industry, but you never hear protools, cubase, logic or Reason users banging on about how other DAWs are inferior because we are adults who understand how pathetic that is.

All that a DAW does is let you place notes or audio within a divided up timescale, effect the way its played and host Instruments and plugins. What you idiots do in here on a daily is on par with guitarists that think a Fender is Better than a Ibanez. Its fucking rediculous so can we please stop it now and forever?

>2 kids could have 2 different toys and hate each other's, who has the better imagination is what matters

>Just cause you have the best damn boat, doesn't mean you know how to drive it.

This thread here is also for DAWs if you hadn't figured it out. Please read my thread, I am normally the main OP that makes the thread.

If you cannot find an answer here you are welcomed to Nexus Discord.

https://discord.gg/0lS3CoGz1pJKA01O

[NOTE: THIS LINK SHOULD REMAIN VALID THROUGHOUT THE ARCHIVES.]
Please be respectful of other people, you wouldn't want someone to be a dickbag to you right? Right. That is all I ask.
If I create the thread, you are welcome to name fagging, but DO NOT make me regret saying that. Mostly for work purposes.
Enjoy your stay friends.
>>
would it have killed you to link to the old thread?
>>
>>63623298
>archive>search> prod
that was hard.
>>
>>63623381
>>63623381
So is being an OP who cares, but instead you decided to ramble about bashing DAWs. Lurk more.

Here's the old thread:
>>63610015

and here's a good thread:
>> 63623477
>>
>>63623483
ya fucked up

>>63623477
>>
>>63623483
No, It was said some time ago to add it in the thread about how to NOT bash daws you dumbass. People constantly say how FL is shit and Ableton is best, or Protools or so on.
that is why it needs to be added. Stop being an asshole for fuck sakes. If you wanted to make the thread you should of done it.
>>
>>63623722
Actually if I remember correctly you bashed LMMS a few threads back, so please try to practice what you preach.

Besides, you could tell people not to bash DAWs in a more eloquent manner. TL;DR-culture exists for a reason.
>>
>>63623889
LMMS is the only daw I will shit on compared to the others.
We should all know its not worth time to use. It's literally as if Ableton and FL had a retarded child
>>
How do you get the nice, chilled guitar tone in this song? Some sort of chorus effect?

Starts 10 seconds in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMJarWLz9SE

Is there a master list of different types of guitar tones used in music and how to reproduce them?

Also, I was playing Hotline Miami 2 and I could have sworn I've heard the synthesizer in this track somewhere else before. Couldn't put my finger on it.

Starts 25 seconds in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KUrzRAA0Lo
>>
what a shit way to start a /prod/ thread
>>
>>63625173
I never meant for it to happen anon ;_; Why can't we have nice things? I did my best.
>>
Here's a work in progress for the /mu/ Flying Lotus album. Let me know what you guys think

https://clyp.it/smo3sqrd

honestly kinda has a muslimgauze vibe too. need some electronics going on in there to spice it up a bit.
>>
does anyone have ANY idea what synths or hardware Oneohtrix Point Never used on R+7?
>>
>>63623077
delete this you fucktard
>>
>>63625400

What is this about /mu/ Flying Lotus album? Shouldn't it be called /prod/ flying lotus album?

Also, nice clyp.
>>
>>63625341
The OP was great but i have no idea what >>63623077 is nor why it was necessary. Especially the discord link. Wtf is up with that. There's already a /prod/ IRC which is great.
>>
>>63625695
You obviously weren't here for that thread:
We had originally agreed on it some time ago for the next thread. It was something a few months ago I think. I don't remember when. There's no honest need to delete it.

as for the discord part, people are chill with it being here.
>>
>>63625835
look below you.
>>
>>63625845
>first post in the thread singles out ableton users because some sperge has a chip on his shoulder
it's like you want nothing but DAW wars forever
>>
File: dumbledore.jpg (36 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
dumbledore.jpg
36 KB, 615x409
>mfw finally got into the habit of 625 automation tracks per project

Can someone explain to me what exactly happens when you use FL's 'make unique' on an automation clip, though? It werks, but I don't get it.
When I right click on the parameter, it only lists the original automation clip as being linked to it, yet the cloned clip also controls it. How?
>>
>>63625748
No, it wasn't a project started in /prod/, it was just a general product started on /mu/ today. Most of the tracks are already claimed.

>Archive
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S63598276
>>
>>63624766
>>63624766
>>63624766

PLEASE READ AND RESPOND TO MY POST GUYS

OR IS IT TOO MUCH EFFORT FOR YOU LAZY, TALENTLESS FUCKS
>>
>>63625845
we have a discord voice chat?

scary.
>>
>>63625902
Not at all. Any one who has used LMMS knows it's a joke of a DAW to start with. As for anything that has been known to make professional work. That's the idea. I admit, if I'm going to be fair to some, I should be fair to all. But it's like being fair to someone who isn't even trying to be good basically.

If someone wants to prove it wrong, go for it.

>>63625957
It has a text channel too. We talk there once in a while. You're welcome to join. We were doing pretty decent for some time. Specially since /daw/ and /prod/ work pretty good together.
>>
>>63625542
I'm not actually familiar with the album or the plugin, but I think I might've heard it was Omnisphere.
>>
File: 0pn.jpg (81 KB, 495x371) Image search: [Google]
0pn.jpg
81 KB, 495x371
>>63625986
I'll join one day, it's too late for me to do it right now. But yeah, add it to the OP next time so I don't forget.

>>63625990
Omnisphere eh? Maybe. Found out what equipment he uses. Roland D-50 and a Prophet 600.
>>
>>63626190
I'm normally around, if you see me. ask for a link

or check /g/
>>>/g/daw/
I'm normally there too cause I make the threads
>>
>>63626190
Yeah, Google's giving me a lot of interviews wiht him mentioning Omnisphere, especially for Replica but also the other thing.
>>
>>63626273
I found he also used the D-50 and Prophet 600 most likely.

Here are a couple of links if anyone is interested for the virtual versions of both synths.

>Roland D50V
https://mega.nz/#!lN4ygQwQ!OUiC3xjjsE3cAR7O9L5sehOlSE_0b2opNTZ5x5IIq3U

>Prophet 600 Free VST
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=754
>>
What's your opinion on semi-weighted keyboards?
Am I actually better off getting one of each if I wanna learn piano, but also make techno?
>>
I've decided to remake MBDTF because I can't think of any good ideas for songs myself and I like Kanye. Can /prod/ give me some feedback?

https://clyp.it/sph3a5wk

Something sounds wrong, but I haven't been able to figure out how to match the original.
>>
Have I been looking in the wrong places or is there a lot more keyless desktop synths than rack synths?
Why wouldn't you just get a rack?
>>
>>63626332
Forgot to mention the D50 link is a kontakt instrument.
>>
>>63626415
Remaking songs is a good way to learn new techniques and learn a lot about production for yourself. The bass is off. Not nearly the same tone or sound used on MBDTF. The drums are a bit off too.

Overall not terrible. Plus you forgot the "WHO GOTCHA WHO GOTCHA WHO GOTCHA"
>>
Where can i download some sample packs from?
>>
>>63626525
I'm pretty sure it's "LOOK AT YA"
>>
File: klokov.jpg (55 KB, 497x500) Image search: [Google]
klokov.jpg
55 KB, 497x500
https://clyp.it/bl1pksnc

my attempt at making tunes that dont sound agressive

like https://clyp.it/wuvne2nt
>>
bear with me on this one prod.

i feel like using programmed drums for my solo recordings will sound too fake and cheesy, but im not a drummer. don't really have the time to look for a drummer and then meet up with them to practice for a recording.

my question is, if i were to program drums out first as sort of a blueprint, and then actually play and record each individual drum would it sound choppy and awkward? or could it be done?
>>
>>63628677
No way man, that's gonna sound unnatural as hell.
>>
I'm desperate; where can I get a cracked version of Massive plugin? Am I even allowed to ask that? I can't stand the trial version with the stupid 30 minute limitations and I absolutely cannot afford to buy it
>>
>sucks at mastering
>tracks are always too quiet
>best i can do

https://clyp.it/hrfu0kh5

give me opinions /prod/
>>
Fuck this, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna fucking do it. I thought i needed you in my life to give me the power to do this, but all you did was light the fire in my heart that made me re-realise my passion for music, even if you're gone I'm going to keep on fighting. For me this time, not for you.
I'm gonna release a track a month from now, and it's gonna be about you, and it's gonna break your fucking heart.
>>
>>63629757
yes, go get it from fuckin kickass dude. Almost everyone here has cracked everything

But you don't want Massive. Go get Serum, it's 10xs nicer and better at what Massive does. Massive houses a lot of soundbites to things. Serum lets you control everything and create. Which is way nicer. I'm still learning it.
>>
>>63624125
I'm not keen on the LIMMS bashing and even though I don't use ableton I'm not keen on the paragraph in the op that right after saying don't bash other DAWs you go on to say ableton is as much as a joke as FL in the industry!
Please remove this as 95% of the anons in here are FL or Ableton users and it kind of make you look like a bit of a cunt. Not only that but it's unwelcoming to new comers here.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (332 KB, 634x634) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
332 KB, 634x634
>>63623049

https://soundcloud.com/catilluminati/arriba-feat-bl-the-aviator
>>
>>63631341
Get over it anon. I am also an FL user. I have not met a single person who ACTUALLY takes LMMS serious.

I'm not removing shit. Grow up and stop being a whiny little bitch
>>
>>63626332
How do I add the Roland D50V library to Kontakt?
If I select the folder in the "Add Library" window in Kontakt 5, it says "No library found".
>>
>>63626332
>Prophet 600 Free VST
I'm not a big presets user, but this shit is so comfy.
Also
>there's a preset called "Screaming Memes"
https://u.pomf.is/hwqvyk.ogg
>>
>>63630105
>https://clyp.it/hrfu0kh5

jack? this is fire dude. hella brainfeedery
>>
>>63627547
audioz.en
>>
>>63631420
Fair enough. No need to be like that. Was just a suggestion
>>
>>63631732
Enough anons are assholes here as it is, so it's hard to tell thru text how someone sounds any more.
>>
>>63631788
I was just suggesting removing or even editing the top paragraph as its contradictory and not very welcoming. I still think the no DAW bashing in op and the paragraph below are vital.
That's just my opinion
>>
>>63631821
I was adding it in for a fundamental fact. I don't believe al DAWS are equal cause it's clear some can do things better for certain things, but as for the "freeware" DAWs we all know they are trash. At least I can take DAWs like Reaper and Kontact serious. As for the rest that are in the top 5, well, there's a reason they aren't there.
>>
top 5 in my opinion:
And this is coming from an FL user

1. Ableton - Almost ever major producer uses it
2. FL - Good on house
3. Protools - does great sound design
4. Kontact - People talk about it being good and has great support
5. Reaper - See above
>>
>>63631854
I'd disagree. Back in the 90's most DAWs were basic as shit. Most early electronic music was made using cubase on a Atari with no audio processing. Even LMMS is a step up from that technology wise. People can be creative with even the most simplest of tools, just because it doesn't work for you or fit your workflow doesn't mean you should shit on it. We should be encouraging creativity regardless of what anyone uses.
Burial is known to of used Soundforge for his compositions
>>
>>63631867
>No Logic
>No Cubase
>Thinking Kontact is a DAW

Is this a joke?

Do you even /prod/?
>>
>Just a quick reminder to all you idiots that are constantly bashing other DAWs because you use Ableton and think for some reason thats hot shit. Ableton is literally as much as a joke as FL in the industry, but you never hear protools, cubase, logic or Reason users banging on about how other DAWs are inferior because we are adults who understand how pathetic that is.
you're such a hypocrite mate, just remove that shit
>>
>>63631985
To be fair that isn't anon.eggs words I was in the thread where another anon posted that in response to an Ableton user. It was also suggested that something should be put in the OP about shitting on other DAWs. I think egg has just copy pasted it, but as its not really suitable IMO
>>
>>63626415
Well, the piano being on the wrong beat annoys the hell out of me

it's on 2 and 4, not 1 and 3
>>
File: 1375218346543.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1375218346543.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
any feedback?
https://clyp.it/ox04pb0s
>>
>>63632094
oh ok I didn't know that, tho the point still stands
>>
anyone else find it way easier to mix in the mornings?
was on this things for ages last night and today it's piss easy
>>
>>63633114
People suck at stuff when they're tired, including listening critically and being creative.

I commonly find that something that takes me hours at night and sounds great right before I go to bed sounds like trash when I get up in the morning.
>>
>>63633274
yeah same, i ended up saving like 4 different versions last night
and today, the problem sticks right out, i fix it and wonder wtf i was doing all that time
>>
>>63632158
Why is it 41 minutes and 30 seconds?
The first part is good. Add a drum pattern.
>>
>>63633887
because it's a song with the length of 41 minutes 30 seconds. and a 1-track album at the same time.

I wasn't expecting anyone to listen to it, just posted for the joy of finally finishing the thing

and sorry I won't add a drum pattern because I don't use "drum patterns" in my music
>>
>>63633946
I listened to it while I browsed imgur and 4chan.
Was pretty comfy.
You don't have any drums at all in your tracks?
Why?
>>
>>63634084
oh, nice to hear!

I just like using really free-form rhythmic patterns if I use any at all. sometimes I sample drums but that's purely for textures/details, and they rarely form any type of beat

with the exception of my remixes which tend to be housey/technoy things.
>>
>>63631372
Fucking asshole.
>>
First time doing this, feedback would be appreciated.

https://clyp.it/1w44xenu
>>
>>63634305
yes, im sure he understands what he did wrong now
>>
>>63634347
nah, I'm sure he dropped his link expecting listens and never came back to the thread. you put a bit too much faith into SCshitters
>>
wew /prod/ is pretty ded right now, last three threads died with less than 15 replies or so and this is rather slow too
>>
>>63631867
>pro tools
>sound design

Fucking idiot. Pro-tools is fantastic for mixing and mastering and general work flow. However it's far from ideal for sound design. This is coming from someone who just handed in his dissertation on "the evolution of sound design within science fiction and the aging of audio". Pro tools is not for sound design either musical or for screen. Logic Pro 9/X(I suppose...) is the best equipped for creation of sounds and such.

The fact that you didn't even include logic or cubase and think that kontact is a DAW is a testament to how wrong you are.
>>63631372
Chuck it on clyp please mate I'll listen as soon as I'm home.
>>63629757
It's best you wait and eventually buy it but seriously, kickass torrents and pirate bay will have it.
>>63628677
That will end up sounding just like dropping individual samples in. You'll also be lacking the sound of the overall kit working with each element
>>
File: IMG_20151216_220851760.jpg (307 KB, 1205x852) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151216_220851760.jpg
307 KB, 1205x852
>>63635491
I'm going to start shitposting clyps to see if that helps

every day I go home for lunch to play with my cats and make a beat. when I do, I will post that beat.
>>
you guys know any good hardware to complement a maschine to create synthwave
>>
>>63636206
dx7
>>
File: $_12.jpg (32 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
$_12.jpg
32 KB, 500x367
talk me out of getting a Strymon Big Sky
>>
>>63636417
are you buying it to route stuff in your daw through it or for other stuff (guitar, synths, livestuff)?
>>
made this today
any good?
https://clyp.it/dqv2xuyi
>>
>>63631854
Kontakt isnt a DAW dude please stop calling it one. Its a sampler. Thats it.
>>
>>63636617
wanna get it for live shows. want to move away from a laptop
would be routing some gear (A4, machinedrum, vocals)
is there a better reverb unit for the price? or comparable?
sounds pretty dang sweet on the videos I've seen online
>>
>>63636750
I'd buy it then, don't have one but seems to be pretty sweet
>>
I'm not sure I'm in the right place so apologies if I am but here goes

Complete fucking scrub here, only a few months experience in Ableton
I'm making a body-horror short film and I'm using the soundtrack of Under The Skin as inspiration to make my own score. I love how the strings sound/are used here and I'm wondering if anyone knows what string pack would be good for this and how I may achieve a similar tone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp0EW4ReZcA

Thank you
>>
how do you feel this song guys? im trying to figure out if it works like this

https://clyp.it/rtzj01xq
>>
>>63637026
pretty nice, could do with something hard- hitting in areas to break up the calmness in places
>>
>>63635576
https://clyp.it/kxnxzfby

here's today. I couldn't find a bassline I liked. Didn't have time to normalize the levels.
>>
>>63636417
Have a look at the T.C Electronics Space before deciding or the H9.

I can't decide whether to get the Big sky,the Space, the H9 or the T.C Electronics M-One XL
>>
>>63638218
not him but I'd be cautious in general with some of the tc. stuff, their switches seem to break really fast
(the flashback x4 I ordered even came with a broken switch so I sent it back) tho my ditto still works fine
>>
>>63636984
sounds alot like ponticello, in other words playing very close to the bridge on a violin. They are usually included in alot of violin sample libraries, just not played the same way it is here.

You can achieve alot of the same effects with a bow and alot of other string instruments like guitars, bassguitar, mandolin, etc.

I would start there. Get a hold of a bow and guitar and fool around with that.
>>
What's a good alternative sound/sample for a hi-hat? For example, you can replace a kick drum with a sound of a fist hitting a desk or a snare drum with the sound of something hitting a pot.
>>
>>63638667
tapping a glass or glass sounds.
>>
>>63638667
white noise
>>
>>63638667
depends which hi hat sound
>>
>>63638500
Thank you
>>
>>63638667
>a lighter
>rustling keys or coins or something else thats kinda metal-y
>making sounds with your mouth
>>
>>63630105
This happens to my stuff constantly, and it feels like everyone else can fart out perfectly recorded demos left and right.
>>
>>63638865
Either open or closed, doesn't matter. I'm just looking to expand my sounds.
>>
>>63638953
>everything sounds good
>levels all around 0db
>export audio
>wait 5 minutes while it uploads to clyp.it
>tiny ass wav

almost every time.
>>
>>63637085
thanks for the feedback, do you mean a drum sound or something like a riff?
>>
File: loudness.png (197 KB, 644x486) Image search: [Google]
loudness.png
197 KB, 644x486
>>63639096
make it louder then
>>
https://clyp.it/qgg0iohr

gib feedback pls
>>
>>63639716
there's no structure in this that makes me want to follow along, it feels like random parts chained together
>>
>>63639716
ear fatigue is a big problem with this. Too much repetition can make a song really boring (like yours)
>>
>>63631972
No I legit forgot about those 2

>>63631940
I'm ok with this, but when something doesn't even have basic setup and you haveto hunt everything down, that's when it gets harder and harder to use even for people who have been using something DAWS for a long time

>>63631985
As the first anon said NO ONE FUCKING PAYS ATTENTION TO ANYTHING I'VE SAID

>>63635501
I didn't say it wasn't, I mean to say it's good for it. Thats more of a good primary concept.

Maybe I was thinking of logic pro

>>63636691
What do you want to call it then? Cause when you google Top ten DAWS that was on a list at one time
>>
File: 1458163812149.png (338 KB, 517x875) Image search: [Google]
1458163812149.png
338 KB, 517x875
https://clyp.it/gvlymtlk

feedback me
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>63637630
bump for feedback.

I know it's too quiet. I'm sorry.
>>
>>63639096
This. I found that turning my master volume all the way down to like 5% and mixing from there helps a little bit, but it's still quiet after all that, or a clipping nightmare.
>>
>>63640376
Not really feeling that piano intro, I like the clyp a lot more started at 15.

I get what you're trying to do in the rest, but I'd still drop a track. It's plenty rich, you don't need all that noise.
>>
>>63639498
How is Fabfilter's limiter compared to let's say the FL Limiter?
>>
>>63640879
the pro L is magic
it's probably the best master limiter at the moment
>>
File: lmao indi.gif (1 MB, 268x304) Image search: [Google]
lmao indi.gif
1 MB, 268x304
https://clyp.it/tendtsdg

doing a stupid remixcomps.com remix. pls feedback me and be harsh as fuck and tell me what sucks so i can get better.
>>
>>63641548
It's hard to tell if a remix is good or bad without knowing what's being remixed and what you've done/added to it.
>>
i made a thing. i'm still new and copying tutorials but adding my own shit here and there
https://clyp.it/c3o44bwk
>>
>>63641664
the only unoriginal thing is the vocals. they basically gave out vocal stems and told people to do whatever the fuck they wanted.
>>
>>63624766
that chilled guitar tone is just reverb. sounds like they are using some kind of vintage amp as well
>>
File: 1454833291894.jpg (126 KB, 850x1062) Image search: [Google]
1454833291894.jpg
126 KB, 850x1062
I've recently been very interested in the prospect of recording and by extension releasing my musical works. While I feel as though I've grown very comfortable with many of the nuances of playing, percussion has always been a mystery to me. This is due to multiple reasons, the major one being the fact that I have never been able to keep much of a stable rhythm in my playing. Furthermore, I don't have either the funds or the motivation to purchase a drum-set and practice it. Of course, there are now many alternatives to having a live drummer for your sessions. I was hoping to learn some insight as to what the pros and cons of using a drum machine would be.

From what I understand, the major issue with digital percussion is how 'stale' it sounds; I've gathered that, depending on the quality of the soundfont/machine, the drums can sound either overly robotic or isolated in the mix. While I'm pretty erratic with the styles I play, my favorite and most familiar genre is sludge/'southern metal'. The material I'm looking to record is somewhere between EyeHateGod/Iron Monkey filth and post-hardcore (In specific, less 'post-metal', like Neurosis; more 'noise-rock' insanity, a la Zeni Geva). I certainly don't plan on programming difficult time signatures or complex fills, but what would be the realistic difficulty of making the machine meld with the mix well?

Furthermore, is the purchase of a drum machine even necessary? I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but since I have no plans to preform live, I see no reason I can't just use per-recorded drums. I have a full copy of Fruity Loops, so is there any real reason for me to not just program my drums there and then use them as a backing track, rather than buy a drum machine? As a follow up question, what is the best method for creating 'good' sounding metal/rock drums in FL Studio?

Thanks for taking the time to read and provide advice; I feel somewhat lost on this!
>>
>>63640952
Alright, I'll try it out.
I have their equalizer and liked it a lot, though I find myself using the stock FL one because it's more convenient.
>>
>>63642205
Im absolutely no expert, but spending money on a drum machine would be a total waste imo. You could probably do something decent in FL.

I rarely try to make my drums sound "real" because that's not the type of music im into, but from the little experience I have, the drum kits that come with Kontakt sound pretty good. You just have to move everything slightly off grid and fiddle with the velocity of each hit.
>>
>>63642402
oh forgot to mention: Kontakt can be pirated with relative ease if you thought it sounded interesting
>>
>>63642205
>what is the best method for creating 'good' sounding metal/rock drums in FL Studio
by slicing samples of good sounding metal/rock drums

It's probably just because I'm a noob, but getting a drum sequencer to sound like actual rock drums is impossible
>>
>>63640339
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
Do you get ear fatigue cuz it's repetitive or is it the sounds themselves that are annoying?
>>
https://clyp.it/525or1fr
thoughts?
>>
>>63642205
if you're looking for realistic drums, there's a few programs out there like EZ Drummer & Addictive Drums that specialize in programmable, yet realistic sounds.
>>
>>63642723
this is pretty chill. I'd like you to back off or strip down or breakbeat that background stuff during the drums. it gets old going through the entire song
>>
>>63642684
it could happen from both, but in your case it's just too repetitive.
>>
>>63642979
So you say it's too repetitive and the other guy says that it's like random parts chained together.

Well thanks for the feedback I guess..
>>
File: mopho.jpg (58 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
mopho.jpg
58 KB, 850x478
Anyone here own/have owned a Mopho x4? What do you think?

Looking to get a polysynth, and this is a pretty attractive option.
>>
>>63643156
I meant the drums, not the arrangement.
>>
https://clyp.it/vcqpndnk
I feel like I could make this sound better. hows that snare?
>>
File: korwin dd.jpg (194 KB, 520x780) Image search: [Google]
korwin dd.jpg
194 KB, 520x780
I made a beat sampling some old Polish song.
Is it good?
https://clyp.it/zbt1eiqg
>>
>>63643315
My professor has one, he seems to enjoy it a lot.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.