[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come spotify doesn't care about real music fans?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: open-graph-default.png (7 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
open-graph-default.png
7 KB, 1200x630
How come spotify doesn't care about real music fans?
>>
because spotify is for blebs and not people who actually listen to a lot of music
>>
because "real music" fans don't need to be spoonfed with shitty playlists telling you what to listen to.
>>
>>63607817
Because It's made for your average normie who just wants to listen to the new Drake single.
>>
wtf they care about me I'm using it right now
>>
>>63607856
I've heard all kinds of cool/rare shit on here and right now I'm listening to the new cobalt
>>
>>63607854
some good playlists would be nice though, like apple music's deep cuts
>>
>>63607817
>>63607848
>>63607854
>>63607856

what? you guys must be confused, no one is forcing you to use the playlists or radio features. you can search just for the album/ep whatever and listen to it like you would with any other music player.
>>
File: 1434018189814.jpg (24 KB, 348x300) Image search: [Google]
1434018189814.jpg
24 KB, 348x300
I honestly never understood the hate towards Spotify. It has pretty much all of the considered "classics" Just /mu/ likes to say "oh it doesn't have so and so artist therefore it's shit" when the ratio is probably something like 70:3. If anything if you dislike Spotify because normies use it then why are you using the archive?

>>63607848
That's alot of assumptions. I use Spotify practically daily for whenever I'm out of the house. And If anything thanks to Spotify I listen to more music than I ever would.

>>63607875
There are don't get me wrong, but all the playlists that are advertised are mainly created for normies to find normie music because they are incapable of finding it themselves. There are playlists for "music fans" In the jazz section there's some half decent avant-garde playlists, I think there's a pretty good experimental rock playlist aswell.
>>
>>63607854
>>63607898
not what I was saying either. Spotify spoonfeeds normies with playlists. Shit like "Indie 2015" or "It's cool to like jazz now" Like seriously fuck off with this shit already.

what i was saying when i said >because "real music" fans don't need to be spoonfed with shitty playlists telling you what to listen to.
is if you consider yourself a "real music fan" like OP mentioned then you don't need Spotify to catter to you because you have should have the knowledge and experience to discover music by yourself without Spotify holding your hand with playlists. Something 9/10 normies are incapable of doing, hense why clickbaity playlists titles exist on that service. These playlists that are souly designed for patting normies on the head and saying "Dw you have good taste lol"
>>
>>63607951
Ok, but as you said, "real music" fans don't need to be spoonfed, so they can use spotify in a way that suits them. I don't know if you have ever used spotify, but you can literally just search an artist to see a list of all their releases, and listen to them however you like, ignoring the whole playlist feature completely.
>>
>>63607817
I don't know honestly. I have used the service for years and I must say that it is becoming increasingly clear that they don't know their own platform.

the local file support works, but could be vastly improved.

the apps are so different on different platform, and some useful features exist here that don't exist there.
for example: you can't search through playlists on the comp, or see all the tracks in the folder.

dunno, I might have to look for other platforms with the same kind of vast library, but better local file support and so on to fill the gaps.

as a swede I am quite ashamed lol, I think they've become shallow somehow, caring more about how it looks then what it does.
neurotically changing the layout way too often, not making it look any better at all, simply removing useful features each time.
>>
File: 1458501429506.png (1 MB, 1062x960) Image search: [Google]
1458501429506.png
1 MB, 1062x960
>>63607993
that's kinda the point i've been making. I think we've got two descriptions for discovery here. I'm talking about digging deep into a genre or style. Which in the end is what makes a real music fan, a real music fan.

Which to come back to the main point of this thread. No real music fans don't need help or care from Spotify or any other music platform for that matter because they shouldn't. Because unlike normies "real music fans" have the knowledge to explore music alone.
>>
>>63608036
Yep, so spotify doesn't need to do anything to help real music fans, because they can just use it as a place to access the music that they have discovered elsewhere.
>>
>>63607871
>cobalt
yeah you and 1500 other people . check the charts babe stop being pedantic babe realize your a minority babe listen to drake babe
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.