[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>messaging girl on fb >she says this >"I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: anutha 1.jpg (50 KB, 636x421) Image search: [Google]
anutha 1.jpg
50 KB, 636x421
>messaging girl on fb
>she says this
>"I've been listening to the new The Neighbourhood album recently, 21 pilots, old Arctic Monkeys albums, hiphop, Tchaikovsky. my music taste is really diverse"

How the FUCK do I respond to this while hiding my power level?
>>
You could just respect her right to listen to what she wants.
>>
just say like "cool" or something and name some accessible stuff that you like
it's not that hard
>>
>>63576208
>Tchaikovsky
I mean she's pretty fucking patricia
>>
>>63576225
i'm trying to get laid pham
>>
>"You should check out Death Grips."
>>
you don't respond, she is a top pleb unworthy of conversation with you

get used to it, most women are like this (gimmie a you)
>>
>>63576208
Don't be an autist and say something stupid..Reply with how much you like those bands work, and ask her how she feels about them too.
>>
>>63576238
Then you should DEFINITELY respect her right to listen to what she wants.
>>
about as a diverse as a Klan meeting
>>
>>63576208
Tell her to go take her shit taste and shove it in the garbage
>>
>>63576208
If you're gonna be a fag just stop talking to her altogether. Or just ignore, girls are stupid in general, get used to it.
>>
if she's not too much of a bleb then you could try to make her patrician op

tread carefully tho cus u might reveal too much of your powerlevel and offend her if you vaguely imply that her taste is garbage
>>
"Cool. I'm not really a fan of those bands. Here's what I like:"
There. It's really not that hard.
>>
>>63576238
tell her that your favorite artistis björk and stop talking about music, now use your actual personality and charm your way into making her take your virginity

i believe in you senpai
>>
>>63576208
cool;) love me some tchaikovsky early in the morning but his last EP was just not on par with his earlier works
>>
Yikes,
if she's someone you expect to have in your life for a long period of time, and that kinda thing really bugs you.

The best I could come up with was "That's cool, check out *insert band you'd think she might like based on what she already does*"
you might be able to direct to her to actually having a diverse taste with enough of that over time.
>>
>>63576332
bit passive aggressive desu
>>
>>63576236
It's obviously a name drop.
Think of those kids on here who put The Residents or TMR on their charts when they listen to Kanye and Young Thug otherwise.

That being said just pretend you like those bands, ask her what hip hop she likes I guess, maybe rec Mac Demarco or Tame Impala.
>>
Just say you have really diverse taste in music too, then list your "patrish" music for her.
>>
>Cool. I've been listening to (artists) recently.

>What hip hop have you been into recently? I've been getting into (albums/artists). They're great, you should check them out.

>Cool. Yeah, the Arctic Monkey's older stuff is a lot better than their newer stuff, IMO. Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not is a great album.

as long as you don't fucking call her a pleb or undercut her tastes by implying she listens to bad music you should be fine

if you're really the kind of person to get pooper peeved just because she likes something you don't for whatever reason try taking a couple deep breaths
>>
>>63576347
not him but it really isn't passive aggressive to suggest someone something you think they'd like

so long as you don't just say "cool check out X", or whatever. work it into the conversation.
>>
File: HE.png (198 KB, 496x525) Image search: [Google]
HE.png
198 KB, 496x525
>>63576208
pretend to like the same shit as her and reccomend last.fm/spotify reccomendations. she doesn't care if you're patrician, because they're shallow creatures. just get your dick wet.
>>
>>63576208

>implying shared musical tastes is the basis of a relationship

fucking high schoolers on my board.
>>
>>63576438
fucking this holy shit

>oh you like Arctic Monkeys too!? lets fug anon ;)
>>
>>63576387
yeah that part was cool but

>you might be able to direct to her to actually having a diverse taste with enough of that over time

is just not on
>>
>>63576481
She messaged me!
I'm just making small talk not fucking basing this whole thing on music taste. I just need to progress the conversation and get my self closer to motorboating dem big titties.
>>
>>63576516
yeah you're 15
>>
>>63576516
alright that's fine, just try to get passed the casual small talk about music that no one actually enjoys and get to know her, work your way through and you might score
>>
>>63576516

If you've been waiting to reply for the whole time this thread's been up, you've already lost anon.
>>
>>63576501
>implying there aren't people with narrow musical taste through lack of exposure
>>
Just reveal it famicom you only live once
>>
>>63576208
It's not really that complicated, bro. Talk about what SHE likes. Ask her WHY she likes those artists and how she came to have such "diverse" tastes. Get her talking about herself.

Not everything has to be a legitimacy pissing contest. Just find whatever way your natural, genuine interests connect with hers, and let a conversation this immaterial take place on her terms. You can get to how awesome your power level is later, after you *haven't* scared her away.
>>
>>63576208

Call her what she is: a faggot.
>>
>>63576311
kek
>>
sounds like your not getting lad ma familia
>>
File: gaddis-glasses.jpg (30 KB, 325x436) Image search: [Google]
gaddis-glasses.jpg
30 KB, 325x436
>>63576208

>How the FUCK do I respond to this while hiding my power level?

Treat it like a conversation and not a competition; it's not that hard.

If you are really struggling with this then you're probably not as patrician as you think you are and you're still caught in some bullshit adolescent phase where you conflate your self esteem with goofy shit like taste in music.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.