[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: cover.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
So no one cares about the new Domo that just came out?
>>
>>63564472
Precisely
>>
>>63564472
i'm not a 16 year old with bad taste
>>
There was a small thread earlier. No one had heard it but we were all curious. So far as to what I know reception is mixed. My brother heard it and thought it was aight. Then again, he only listens to trap so I'm hoping for at least a 7. Gonna listen tonight senpai
>>
>>63564472
6/10, nothing fantastic but it's a fun album. Will probably be in rotation for a few weeks
>>
They haven't been the same since Peter Gabriel left
>>
>>63564472
nope. he actually rapped over one of my beats before and not even i gave a fuck
>>
>>63564835
ayy
>>
>>63564904
link
>>
Can anyone share a link?
>>
>>63565479
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/SBE2b3Jr/file.html
>>
>>63564472
listening to it for the first time right now, it can be good
>>
>>63566189
What quality is this?
>>
>>63564472
Domo Genesis was always the least talented member of OF, I don't expect much from this but I might give it a listen.
>>
>>63566668
he was the least talented, but he's gotten better with the time, now i prefer him to hodgy
>>
>>63566668
What? He is much better than Hodgy or Mike G.
>>
Listening to it right now. It is on Spotify if you participate in that. So far its not horrible. Feels like it is in the same vein of production as Cherry Bomb but with not Tyler rapping. I have always liked Domo's voice and flow but don't think he is particularly great.

A few good features, I have been digging Anderson Paak recently
>>
>>63566600
Free
>>
OF OFFICIAL POWER RANKINGS:
Earl
Frank
Tyler
Mike G
Domo
Hodgy
Fuck the rest

Hodgy was in a picture with Jonwayne. Maybe a collab there?
>>
>>63564904
On like a SoundCloud release or official song?
>>
File: 1458702504047.jpg (17 KB, 450x370) Image search: [Google]
1458702504047.jpg
17 KB, 450x370
>>63567069
>liking mike g
>>
>>63567133
>not liking Mike G
bruh
>>
>>63567178
I tried to like him but couldn't make out anything he was saying due to his incredibly nasally tone and niggerdly speech
>>
>>63564978
ehhh

>>63567113
official song. collab for another artists album etc - but it was a very inorganic process, never ever would work like that again
>>
>>63567406
I'm curious as to how it went down, did they listen to the instrumental and contacted you and you like just gave them permission or did you contact them and they liked what they heard? Also do you get royalties?
>>
>>63567069
>he doesn't like The Internet

https://youtu.be/28JAS1ZUUqw
>>
>>63566668
>>63566695
>Domo Genesis was always the least talented member of OF

What? Domo could run circles around most OF rappers and has songs where his verses are just as good as Earl
>>
>>63567510
I will say that his flow and charisma are very good but lyrical content wise he is nowhere close to earl even on what I consider to be his better tracks
>>
>>63564472
>liking odd future
Frank Ocean is the only one seriously worth any time. Earl's "I'm depressed" stage produced some interesting stuff but nothing I plan on ever revisiting. They're overall pretty much shit outside that. Tyler & Rocky might make something interesting, but I feel it's only Rocky that will keep it afloat.
>>
I'm listening to it right now and it sounds alright. Don't you guys know his music is nothing like that OF shit from 2010?
>>
>>63567460
i randomly sent beats to the artist one day, he loved them - but they had samples that couldn't be cleared for his upcoming album. so i made him something else for free pretty much just to build a working relationship. and it did well. about a year later he had a bigger budget so he used my beats for all his biggest features, and i sold the rights because i knew it was a fairly underground album, and rather have the up front fee (ascap only sends royalties every 9 months etc) - but if it was a BIG mainstream record i definitely would've taken the royalties.
>>
>>63569253
why'd you send beats to a sucker nigga
>>
>>63564472
not really. i mean is he still using some weak ass boring production? then nah.
>>
>>63568408
>not liking bastard and earl

thats pretty pleb 2bh pham
>>
>>63566668
I always thought this, but his features since 2014 have given me so much hope. Jesus Christ did this guy improve, his features were all flames in the past couple years. This album didn't really reflect the progression much tho, his last mixtape was much better
>>
>>63567069
>He doesn't like mellowhype
>>
>>63569253
Can you link to the song?
>>
>>63564472
My thing with Odd Future is that I really want to support them. I'm the pleb who has been listening to them since 09, buying almost every album on digital / physical and going to their concerts when I could.
Either I've grown up, have different tastes now that I'm 23, but their shit just isn't doing it for me. Fortunately this new project is a new look for Domo and I'm going to cop it.
Does copping an album support the artist more than buying merch? How about going to a show?
I'd like to support them somehow, but can't afford to do all X things.
>>
File: 123.png (35 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
123.png
35 KB, 300x100
Who would've known that the most relevant and successful OF members would be Matt Martian/Syd for the Internet and Frank?

Fuck, both Grammy nominated (Frank winning and performing) and the two have had the fewest amount of releases-- which probably means a lot.
>>
>>63570622
Most of OF's stuff isn't fit for the Grammys so this argument is invalid. Tyler's still the most popular member of OF though that could change if he keeps releasing shit like Cherry Bomb.
>>
>>63571405
fair, but i'm just evaluating their success.
Tyler is the most popular but other than his core following, the two mentioned are the most critically acclaimed and being talked about more than any other OF member(s)
>>
Earl is by far the most patrician artist to come out of OF. How can you not see that his approach to rap is completely innovative? He is the most influencing rapper of this decade for sure.
>>
>>63572141
>most influential
Have you seen kids dressing like Earl? Have you seen Earl's lyrics dropped on a daily basis for the last decade?
No.
It's been Drake, Tyler, Kanye, Young Thug, etc.
Not saying they're better. But your statement does not hold up.
>>
>>63566998
underrated post
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.