[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NIN- Honest Opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: nine-inch-nails.jpg (34 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
nine-inch-nails.jpg
34 KB, 500x370
So /mu/, I don't come here often but I wanted to ask. Whats your honest opinions about Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails? How many people here like, or really like the music? How many thinks he's shit. And what would you say about me if I said that no matter how many new bands I listen to, I can't find anything I like more than this.No i'm not 14, I turn 27 in may. And I do like lots of genres and artists. From Kanye, to behemoth, to Jim Croce, to Lorde. NIN has just always been the purest form of music for me. So really /mu/, tell me what you think.
>>
>>63557134
I like Pretty Hate Machine, Downward Spiral, The Fragile, and With Teeth.Everything else he's done I just can't get in to.

Fragile is so close to a masterpiece like DS, but it's marred by it's length. If it were one of the original 1 cd tracklistings Reznor had planned for the record, it would've worked so much better.
>>
>>63557187
I kind of agree about the length of the Fragile. So you didn't like Hesitation Marks at all? And I didn't ask in my first post, but has anyone else listened to the stuff he's doing with his wife? How to destroy angels is the name.
>>
He should release instrumental versions of all his albums
>>
File: pretty hat machine.jpg (40 KB, 448x443) Image search: [Google]
pretty hat machine.jpg
40 KB, 448x443
>>63557134
NIN is my favorite band.
>>
File: cover.jpg (584 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
584 KB, 1200x1200
I like Pretty Hate Machine, and this album is really good too. not a big fan of his other stuff though
>>
>>63557356
Mariqueen a best.
>>
>>63557134
NIN is the soundtrack to my life desu.
>>
Fantastic live show, decent music. I haven't listened to him voluntarily in 10 years, but my friend loves NIN so I've been to a few shows. It's good music, but there's so much better stuff out there that I don't really have time or reason to explore him/them further.
>>
>>63557134
I love NIN. Always been a big fan since about 7 or 8 years ago when my cousin gave me The Downward Spiral. Not my favorite band of all time, but definitely a great one. Also NIN puts on undeniably incredible live shows. Highly recommend them.
>>
>>63557416
Soundtrack to my life as well anon.
>>
>>63557323
Spiral, Fragile, With Teeth and YZ have instrumental versions.
>>
>>63557486
I think TDS instrumentals are missing some tracks
>>
File: nin-still_mini.jpg (199 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
nin-still_mini.jpg
199 KB, 1024x1024
Still is my favorite NIN release and the version of The Becoming that appears on it is my favorite NIN song.

also love pretty hate machine and the downward spiral has been steadily growing on my over the past few years.

oh and Gone Girl is Trent + Atticus' best soundtrack by far.
>>
I'm giving NIN a proper chance for the first time right now.

So far it's not bad senpai.
>>
>>63557520
>Still is my favorite NIN release and the version of The Becoming that appears on it is my favorite NIN song.

Yes.
>>
>>63557134
NIN is my favorite band.
>>
With Teeth is the second album i've ever bought.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 640x480
>Yay, a NIN thread! <3

My favourite band OAT, with TDS clocking in as my all-time favourite album. To be honest they haven't ever released one bad record, IMO. I love their work to bits.
>>
I think he is good but also pretty limited as a songwriter and producer. He has his schtick and does it better than anyone.
>>
>>63559518
ok fanboy
>>
>>63559671
Haha, sorry. I get excited whenever someone mentions NIN.
>>
>>63557520
Leaving Hope and The Becoming (Still) are my favorite NIN tracks as well.
>>
>>63559518
>>63559717
>these posts
Are you perhaps a female or trap, or are you just extremely flamboyant on the internet?
>>
>>63559831
I'm a female. I don't usually bother correcting people if they call me a he on 4chan (I couldn't care less, lol) but if anyone asks I come clean.
>>
NIN set at coachella in 05 remains the greatest show i've seen
>>
Trent Reznor/NIN is one of my favorite artists/bands.
>>
>>63557134
Go home trent.
>>
File: 1457859163389.png (417 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457859163389.png
417 KB, 640x480
Decent
>>
I really liked NIN when I was younger. I listened to The Fragile tons when it was released. It still holds up today, but most of his other music sounds terribly dated to me now.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.