[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.theprp.com/2016/03/23/ne ws/deftones-speak-past-s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Saturday_night_wrist.jpg (22 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
Saturday_night_wrist.jpg
22 KB, 325x325
http://www.theprp.com/2016/03/23/news/deftones-speak-past-struggles-drugs-clashes-stef-album-art/

Deftones talk about their drug use from 2000-2006

> tfw they say SNW is their worst album
>>
>>63541601
Despite everything SNW is their best album. STFU Chino
>>
>>63541660
lmao this. what the fuck are they talking about
>>
Are you guys 12 or something? Why the fuck do you care about some nu metal shit?
>>
>>63541749
Fuck off you Autist. Deftones are amazing.
>>
>>63541771
amazingly shit amirite
>>
>>63541702
I don't think Chino wants to admit that SNW, one of their top albums, was due to help from his label. Deftones self-titled was mediocre, but SNW is leagues better than Diamond Eyes and Koi.
>>
>>63541809
It's definitely their best, the atmosphere on that thing is unreal. Koi and Owl are still fantastic albums though. Owl's production is incredible.
>>
>>63541601
SNW is one of their worst though, not that that's saying much since it's still a solid album but listening to it all the way through there's no way i could call it their best
>>
My favourite Deftones song is UUDDULRLRLR. Why can't they make more calm, twingly music instead of that numb, generic heavy stuff they've been putting out recently?
>>
>>63541911
>Diamond Eyes
>Koi No Yokan
>numb, generic heavy stuff
Bruh. What the fuck are you talking about. All of their stuff is moody af. Check out Rosemary from KNY if you want twingly, ethereal stuff.
>>
>>63541911
They have song with similar vibe on last albums. Sextape, This Place Is Death, Rosemary for example
>>
>>63541911
this is probably the worst opinion i've seen posted thusfar regarding post-Cheng Deftones
>>
am i the only one who think this album cover is somewhat erotic?
>>
>>63541967

I did, but it didn't really do it for me.

>>63541985
>>63541997

For some reason it just sounds so harsh to me. The older stuff like Digital Bath, Riviere, Deathblow or Anniversary feels way calmer.
>>
>>63542138
>somewhat
>>
>>63542142
Aight man but those are from chaotic albums, even SNW gets wild
>>
>>63542142
My point is give it another go, at least Diamond Eyes it's honestly a damn near 10/10
>>
>>63542142

Songs like Sextape are totally like Cherry Waves and shit.

SNW is far and away my favorite Deftones album, every track is awesome. The soothing, pretty-or-creepy ones are gorgeous, and the heavy ones are mind-rattelingly heavy.
White Pony is great too, but I might prefer the more averaged goodness of Diamond Eyes even. Koi No Yokan was great, but just the same vibes from Diamond Eyes derived a little more. Gore seems like it's going to be even mORe of a re-hash, which is sad :(
>>
File: chubby.png (252 KB, 427x335) Image search: [Google]
chubby.png
252 KB, 427x335
>>63541601
>>63541660
>>63541702
>>63541809
>>63541839
It's actualy their worst album but I still like it to be honest.
>>
>>63543098
Cherry Waves is just an amazing song. I was fortunate enough to see them play it live about 5 or 6 years ago for the Diamond Eyes Tour. It was the only SNW song they played.

Koi No Yokan has nothing really memorable on it desu. Besides the first two tracks, I couldn't hum a single song from it if you paid me, yet I can remember almost every other album nearly perfectly.
>>
>>63543701
I can respect that, but Romantic Dreams? Really? That was my least favorite track on the album.

But I really don't remember a lot of it, you're right. I remember liking Entombed, Rosemary, and What Happened to You? a lot.
>>
>>63543819
>Entombed, Rosemary, and What Happened to You?
The only good songs on album
>>
>>63541749
Found the guy who liked Deftones when he was 12

>>63541601
It sounds more like he dislikes the album because he associates it with the struggles he had recording it rather than actually thinking it's a bad album.
>>
>>63541911
Just listen to full albums. They all, by design, cover the full spectrum of their sound. There are plenty of calmer tracks on every album from White Pony onwards. And check out Team Sleep if you haven't already.
>>
>>63543701
I gotta agree with >>63543819
what the fuck were you listening to? nothing for Poltergeist? Gauze? Goon Squad? Rosemary? you picked Romantic Dreams and that makes me question your qualifications
>>
>>63544537
>>63543819
>>63545642

>liking entombed and hating romantic dreams
>incredibly similar core riff just in a different time signature

Both songs were great. Romantic Dreams has some of the most interesting musical progressions on the album.
>>
I can understand why they hate SNW. The making of it sounds like the most miserable time. Regardless of the music's quality, I can imagine they look back at it and just think of all the bad times. At the time, Chino was a full blown drug addict, morbidly obese, his bandmates hated him and his marriage was falling apart. No wonder he fucking hates that album.

That said, it's probably the best album of theirs. The only negatives are about half of Pink Cellphone and the music video for Mein.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.