[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do so many hipsters say kurt cobain/nirvana were shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Kurt Cobain (1).jpg (388 KB, 1240x808) Image search: [Google]
Kurt Cobain (1).jpg
388 KB, 1240x808
why do so many hipsters say kurt cobain/nirvana were shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6zQ8xID3Po
>>
>>63532509
They're the same people who say The Beatles are shit. To be edgy and trendy and "non-conformist".
>>
>>63532509
hi, im 35 yrs old
they sucked then
they suck now
thank you
>>
>>63532537
This, pretty much.

Now for a most important question: how come people say the Kurt Cobain demos were shit? Were they expecting full fleshed out songs? It was just the guy fucking around, what did they expect?
>>
>>63532546
nice meme dad
>>
>>63532509
favorite nirvena song?

mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYE4CVhVkhw

=)
>>
>>63532643
horrible meme
>>
>>63532643
dnt joke about nirvana
>>
>>63532546
Get off 4chan, grandpa.
>>
>>63532769
Breh I Built this place.
>>
>>63532643
haha this is pretty good gib more??
>>
>>63532509
Because they are popular.
>>
>>63532509
so many bands doing what they where that just wasnt in the mainstream nothing groundbreaking just competent with a charismatic front man desu
>>
That's never been true. Hipsters generally love Nirvana. Especially hipster girls. Basically all the indie/hipster bands like Arcade Fire, Animal Collective, St Vincent, Steve Malkmus, Wavves, DIIV, Mac DeMarco, Ty Segall etc etc etc are all Nirvana fans. Nirvana have always been a holy cow of all the supposedly hip music publications.

In my experience, most of the people that really vocally shit on Nirvana were rednecks and frat douche types.
>>
the better question is why do people put nirvana on a pedestal is it because cobain killed himself?
>>
>>63532509
Nirvana was sort of shitty...that sounds like the stuff I would play on guitar when I was 15 getting high and drunk, doesn't take a hipster to say that.

Compare that to this simple acoustic piece by T. Rex in 1968 cobain wasn't really that good and he would agree with me....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_424pEysrE
>>
>>63533920
you sound like a fucking jimtard
>>
the ones that shit on nirvana are generally retarded contrarianteenagers who think they know about underground music but don't

>>63532537
Nirvana is great, Beatles blow
>>
>>63534006
whats a jimtard?
>>
Nirvana were pretty shit compared to the other Grunge bands at the time.

Alice in Chains were light years ahead of them in terms of musical talent.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.