[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some impossible-to-discuss-on-/mu/-core?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
What are some impossible-to-discuss-on-/mu/-core?
>>
File: worlds.jpg (56 KB, 940x940) Image search: [Google]
worlds.jpg
56 KB, 940x940
>>63418771
>>
>>63418771
yeah man, those albums are all shit, definitely leave this board
>>
Art Angels is a bad album, Churches are bad, Currents is basically just a pop album you put on while fucking your girlfriend, Painting With is good but AnCo has such a fractured fanbase + its new
>>
music
>>
>>63418771
Art Angels is better than all these other albums.

Art Angels > Every Open Eye > Currents > Painting With
>>
Anything Yeezy
>>
sun ra
>>
>>63418771
Grimes and Churches are shit, and Tame Impala is mediocre. PW is the first AnCo album I've liked since Sung Tongs but it's still not great.
>>
>>63418953
Shit opinion
>>
>>63418840
>Art Angels is a bad album
wrong

>Churches are bad
correct

>Currents is basically a pop album you put while fucking your girlfriend
and this is bad because? it's just 80's inspired synthpop with great prodution and a slight psychadelic touch. easily their worst and boring at times but not offensively bad

>Painting With is good but AnCo has such a fractured fanbase + its new
Agreed. It was okay. I've seen some discussion of PW on /mu/ tho

>>63418916
>inb4 WE
>>
>>63418974
It's not my fault you're a pleb who likes the least ambitious and most accessible music they can find. You should try listening to more experimental/avant-garde music
>>
>>63418995
You're a total pleb for not getting at least into Grimes' music. Also a total hipster for dismissing pop music.
>>
>>63418995
You can listen to both, you know.
>>
File: folder.jpg (275 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
275 KB, 1280x1280
We surrounded by the fuckin' trolls.
>>
>>63418982
>wrong
Your opinion but Halfaxa and Geidi Primes are Grimes' only good albums in my opinion.

>and this is bad because?
Didn't say it was bad, but there's nothing to discuss, of course you can't discuss it on /mu/. /mu/ users are more interested in controversial albums, not ones where everyone agrees that they are good or bad

>I've seen some discussion of PW on /mu/ tho
It will be discussed more as time goes on. Took me a while to get used to it but I love it now. For some reason the tempo and style just seemed so hyperactive when I played it the first time. Now it feels odd to listen and realize it's not like that at all

Probably was just looking to hate it t.bh
>>
>>63419035
I like lots of good pop music. Art Angels is a complete mess of retarded ideas and cliches she's borrowed from the past 30 years of mainstream music, a 4/10 album at best. She has so far demonstrated zero understanding of music. Visions was alright but unoriginal and unambitious.
>>
>>63419085
Wrong on every level. Art Angels is a masterpiece. Yes, it's a messy album but it's also outstanding, catchy af and original.
>>
>>63419076
Yeah there's not much to discuss about Currents tbqh. It's just a pop album. The lyrics can be pretty interesting but it's just Parker being bluntly personal.

It's interesting how they went from the hyperactive, full sound of CHz to the more stripped down PW. That was a pretty big change.

Halfaxa is probably her best stuff tbqh. Don't think Geidi Primes as songwriting (or production) as strong as Angels and Visions tho.
>>
>Kanye
>Coil
>Fishmans
>Sun Ra
>Slowdive
>This Heat
>>
>>63419110
>catchy af

So?

>original

Yeah, but that's meaningless when the originality is retarded. AnCo's most original album is Danse Manatee,but that's shit. And besides, the only really original tracks on it are the first 3, which were garbage. The rest are just amalgamations of pop music cliches that seems original because they're combined in ways that no other artist is dumb enough to try.
>>
>>63419186
You keep rejecting catchy music. Your loss.

>So?
It's very listenable. It makes you want to listen to it, unlike your stupid Swans albums. High replay value.

>Yeah, but that's meaningless when the originality is retarded. AnCo's most original album is Danse Manatee,but that's shit. And besides, the only really original tracks on it are the first 3, which were garbage. The rest are just amalgamations of pop music cliches that seems original because they're combined in ways that no other artist is dumb enough to try.
It's original. Proof: name a similar album.
>>
>>63419186
a novel combination of familar components seems and IS original
>the originality is retarded
what do you mean?
>>
>>63419186
Please show me albums similar to what AnCo does

I mean similar enough like you are implying, not just sounding like the genre
>>
File: deranged.png (61 KB, 247x200) Image search: [Google]
deranged.png
61 KB, 247x200
Why do you guys even browse /mu/ if you only listen to bland unoriginal pop music like Tame Impala and Grimes? What's the point spamming threads about your shitty artists if you wont discover any good new music and expand your music taste ?
>>
>>63419602
>bland unoriginal pop music like Tame Impala and Grimes
>opinion discarded like trash that it is
>>
>>63418771
Shoegaze
>>
>>63419667
It's alright to enjoy mediocre music, don't be butthurt just go talk about it on facebook or reddit
>>
>>63418771
Anything Japanese
Anything by a female
>>
>>63419052
I've seen that album cover way too many times, ugh
>>
>>63418771
Art Angels >> Currents >> Every Open Eye >> Painting With
>>
Any black artist
Any female artist
Any gay/transgender/etc. artist
Any Japanese artist
>>
>>63418982
>it's just 80's inspired synthpop
Goddamnit fucking retard, currents borrows from more than just the 80s...

for example,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWAmkzGeApA

sounds like the beginning of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QafW3rvp2xE

you are so clueless about music, you hear midi synths and think 80s because you're a tool
>>
>>63418916
>>63418982
WE
>>
>>63420297

George Michael is quintessential 80's, even though that song may have been written later.
>>
>>63418982
Art angels isn't a bad album, its definately not terrible but it most definately isn't really interesting. Thats what a lot of her earlier work had, it was out-there-kinda weird experimental bedroom shit but at least it was interesting. Visions is kind of a bridge between the two styles that you see with her first two albums, but with this album Its like she took all the pop elements of her music, and amplified them to taylor swift levels to sell records.
>>
File: tumblr_l3ogphzos61qzy3aro1_500.jpg (87 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l3ogphzos61qzy3aro1_500.jpg
87 KB, 500x449
>>63418771
Fishmans, sadly. It will only attract 1-2 posters who will samefag the thread with shitposting and ironic forced memes just because they can't enjoy it
>>
>>63420525
ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS
>>
>>63420608
Fishmans IS an ironic forced meme. Go back to 9gag.
>>
I keep getting banned for trying to talk about this, not sure why.
>>
>>63419186
Look, we get it. Art Angels is out of your league. No need to continue embarrassing yourself.
>>
To Pimp a Butterfly, Hospice
>>
>>63420704
Fishmans has been an underrated /mu/ staple for the better part of 7 years.
>>
>>63418771
I WANT TO EAT GRIMES HAIR
>>
>>63419434
Not that other guy but while there is no that sounds like anco or at least does what they do and jusr as good... If you listen to anco long enough you can tell they take all their influences and put it into their music
>>
>>63420288
Every now and then there's a good thread, but yeah, mu mostly likes to discuss basic white fuckboys playing indie rock lol
>>
File: 1280x1280.jpg (240 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1280x1280.jpg
240 KB, 1280x1280
>>63418771
>>
>>63420288
>Any black artist that isn't a rapper
there, better

>>63422194
>fuckboys
don't you mean fuccbois?
>>
>>63420748
>inb4 racist towards whites
>>
>>63422243
>fuccccckkkboiyes
>>
Everything
>>
>>63420608
People need to listen to more than just Long Season
>>
Duster - Stratosphere
Fishmans - Long Season
>>
>>63420073
>it's alright to enjoy mediocre music

Sure it is. The problem here is that your fucking spamming it all over /mu/ like it isn't mediocre and get upset when people call it complete shit. Seriously, fuck off
>>
>>63420230
i can dig it
>>
>>63420704
case in point
>>
Pretty much, although I unironically like Currents. It's just an enjoyable album. Was my album of the summer last year. That or In Colour

>inb4 p4k drone
I hate pitchfork
>>
>>63419153
there is enough Kanye discussion that already exists.
>>
>>63418880
Barf
>>
>>63418995
>praises PW, the most accessible AnCo album to date
>u shud lissen 2 mor avnt garde
browsing /mu/ for 2 weeks, at most
>>
music
>>
>>63420248
This right here.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.