[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which is best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: heads.png (3 MB, 1078x1073) Image search: [Google]
heads.png
3 MB, 1078x1073
which is best
>>
>>63398769
TONGUES MASTER RACE
>>
haha le government man
look at the funny autistic man dancing
african music is so cool lets make it in english for the brooklyn hipsters!

fuck this band
>>
speaking in tongues > remain in light > fear of music > i've never actually listened to any of their albums passed speaking in tongues hehe
>>
File: l9majuOQHh1qzptwgo1_400.gif (497 KB, 298x219) Image search: [Google]
l9majuOQHh1qzptwgo1_400.gif
497 KB, 298x219
>>63398794
HEY
>>
Speaking in Tongues.
Remain in Light is overrated af
>>
Remain in light > Fear of Music > Speaking in Tongues

>>63398808
You're not missing out on all too much

>>63398794
fag
>>
>>63398794
>>
Remain In Light > Fear of Music > Speaking in Tongues (still love it though) >>>>>>> True Stories
>>
>>63398787
>>63398808
>>63398829
mah niggas
speaking in tounges is great. can listen to the front to back unlike remain in light.
>>
>>63398769
more songs about buildings and food is actually better than any of these
>>
>>63400238
Take Me To The River drags it the fuck down. It's a complete slump in an otherwise jolly album.
>>
>>63398769
TⱯLKINGHEⱯDS
>>
>>63398769
more songs about buildings and food ..remain in light ..speaking in tongues...fear of music ...road to nowhere....true stories
>>
Remain in light, but thier best song is Mind
>>
Speaking in Tongues = Remain in Light > Fear of Music > More Songs ... > Talking Heads 77 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else
>>
I like that in the current age of government surveillance David Byrne's lyrics are really prescient and cool
>>
this desu
would be the name of this band is talking heads but i think that's too bloated as a double lp
>>
>>63398794
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS PLEB
>>
>>63400621
take that back right now fucker
>>
File: rill.jpg (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
rill.jpg
90 KB, 500x500
>>63398769
>>
>>63400238
Yeah this is my answer too
Every song is so fucking good. Some parts are upbeat and chaotic and energetic and fun like nothing else but my favorite moments are
>the intro to warning signs when the instruments are introduced with they crazy effects. perfect setup.
>the two synth interludes in girls want to be with the girls. completely different from the rest of the song but the drums tie the parts together. it's so good
>the intro of artists only and whenever that part comes back in the song, because the guitar and bass play so well off of each other
>second half of stay hungry is because it's so tense but the emotion brought by the synth should clash with the guitar and drum patterns and yet theyre perfect
And take me to the river and big country are a perfect duo of songs fuck the other guy.

Honorable mention to 77 especially because of Uh-Oh, No Compassion, of course Psycho Killer, and Pulled Up
Fear close third because Mind, Heaven, and Drugs are endlessly replayable.
Remain in light is good all around and technically impressive but not my favorite tone- and emotion-wise
Tongues is cool because burning down the house and this must be the place are great. but apart from the first and last songs the album is forgettable.

This post is too long and rambling don't read it
>>
>>63402624
I always have such a huge idiotic childlike amazed grin when he starts running around the stage
>>
>>63403977
you're doing god's work, son
>>
>>63404326
>>63400238
Yep More Songs is the album I keep coming back to, it's got the perfect balance of everything that makes Talking Heads great
>>
>>63404326
Girlfriend is Better is also a standout track from tongues I would say
>>
remain in light is culturally appropriating garbage
just because people weren't aware of that back then doesn't mean we have to stand it today
David Byrne is a culture thief
>>
>>63406171
yea pretty much

its still an amazing album
>>
File: moresongs.jpg (273 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
moresongs.jpg
273 KB, 500x492
This one
>>
>>63398769
Little Creatures.
>>
>>63398769
They all suck
>>
question is which is the best order to listen to them ?
>>
RIL = SIT > '77 > FOM > TS > the rest.
>>
https://youtu.be/i_0BhfYmUjY
Why wasn't this on Remain in Light?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.