[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get how this could be the music board yet there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8
I don't get how this could be the music board yet there is no mention of any music beyond the most obvious and over-discussed collectively approved /mu/core

Do people on here not get tired of talking about the same stuff every day? Do they just not know how to discover music on their own?

Why is their no pressure for people to listen to new and exciting stuff? Why is it all just the same stale mainstream board-approved shit day after day after day? I scrolled through the catalog and couldn't find one thread where people were actually sharing music or encouraging others to listen to something that wasn't pushed on teenagers by the mainstream indie press

how the fuck could this entire board have such shitty taste in music?
>>
>implying
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (259 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
259 KB, 2400x2400
>>63343766
>implying that there's anything in the catalog right now that isn't
>a circlejerk over some stale shit that isn't worth serious discussion
>a shitty memes/board culture throwaway thra
>>
>>63343748
>exceedingly popular albums are heard more by and therefore discussed more by a music board
wow real fucking shocker
>>
>>63343784
good album
>>
Wood Bros
https://youtu.be/setB6ZLnte8
>>
File: MI0001397632[1].jpg (56 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
MI0001397632[1].jpg
56 KB, 500x491
>>63343787
>there is absolutely no pressure, socially or personally, for anyone to look past those exceedingly popular albums
i guess that's normal!
>>
File: image.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
image.png
74 KB, 300x256
>posts rock and post-punk as examples of good music
>>
File: 635212041222[1].png (299 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
635212041222[1].png
299 KB, 700x700
>>63343830
would you prefer I post classical? what sort of music do you care for?
>>
Hi, can you explain why these albums are more worthy of discussion than ones that typically receive attention?

Sincerely, me
>>
File: MI0000254624[1].jpg (49 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
MI0000254624[1].jpg
49 KB, 500x496
>>63343901
yeah, well first off a huge range of the music discussed on here is bad music that has only achieved fame due to hype surrounding the image and public persona of the artists.

secondly, its basically impossible to understand the contexts or distinguishing features of ANY music unless one goes out of their way to listen to a variety of it, and discussion is basically impossible beyond very limited and crude expressions of emotional satisfaction or meaningless pejoratives, which is what accounts for the totally pathetic conversations on here which takes the form of either braindead circlejerking, naive recommendations of albums from the very limited library of /mu/-approved music, or shitty arguments rife with trolling and stale memes

finally, personal discovery is a huge part of understanding and caring about music and this board robs people of their agency to do this, reducing them to big suckers for indie journalism to make people rich off their teenage dollars

these albums aren't inherently worthy of discussion, i'm simply demonstrating that its very easy and possible to find incredible music that exists beyond the bounds of /mu/-approved shit
>>
How's your first week on /mu/ going?
>>
File: MI0002313840[1].jpg (41 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
MI0002313840[1].jpg
41 KB, 500x497
>>63344017
why do you think this is my first week?
>>
File: MI0001905849[1].jpg (88 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
MI0001905849[1].jpg
88 KB, 500x492
bump
>>
>>63343988
Why is the music discussed here bad? Does this apply to all of it? For example, would you say Long Season is bad?

What do you think discussion of music should entail?

How long have you been browsing the board? Are you aware of sharethreads?
>>
>>63343784
Scaruffi gave that album an 8 so you're a pleb
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.