[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How close to death is your iPod Classic? Does it make you more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: B001F7AHOG-1.jpg (57 KB, 602x800) Image search: [Google]
B001F7AHOG-1.jpg
57 KB, 602x800
How close to death is your iPod Classic? Does it make you more aware of your own mortality when it takes just a few extra seconds for that song to start playing once you click on it?
>>
it already refuses to play most of my library

I just use my computer now

this has happened twice already
>>
>>63323488
Shut up, meanie
>>
the battery is starting to dick out but i think that's about it, still works fine although i don't use it these days. it's called a smartphone with an SD card.
>>
>>63323560
this, some songs just skip

so fucking annoying
>>
had mine for 4 years no problems ever
also it never loses its charge
>>
File: family[2].jpg (2 MB, 2290x1526) Image search: [Google]
family[2].jpg
2 MB, 2290x1526
>>63323582
>he fell for the smartphone meme
>>
>>63323488
My 2nd gen ipod classic pooped out last week, I feel lost
>>
how much do these go for these days?
>>
The headphone jack crapped out on me a couple of years ago, now I just leave it in the dock to play out of my speakers. I also lost my sync cable so I can't update its library, but other than that its fine. I lost 2 before this one, my first one was stolen and my second one wouldn't sync or play songs anymore.
>>
The play/pause doesn't work half the time, and its randomly reset itself a few times over the past year, but nothing drastic. I've had it for nearly 4 years though, so I fear death lingers at every turn.
>>
Well I lost mine behind a sofa for an entire year, so the way I see it I have an extra year of life in it
>>
>>63323488
Enter diagnostic mode and check the reallocs.
Mine died a couple of months ago. Installed 2 microsd. Working fine now
>>
>>63323488
5th Generation classic, needs to be charged but last time it still worked like a charm
>>
This is like the fourth iPod classic I've owned so far, it's only a couple months old and it's working fine so far. It lags when switching songs sometimes but that's because of how big my library is.
>>
Works just fine as it is now, but once it starts shitting itself, I will just buy and install an SSD in it. Better battery life, faster, more reliable.
>>
I have an ipod touch and I just swap songs out as needed.
>>
Mine went through the fucking washer!
>>
>>63323488
Haven't used mine for months, but it was working fine. There's not really much use for them when 128gb MicroSDs are cheap
>>
volume doesn't go <10%
I fucking hate apple so much.
'premium' products that can't outlast generic junk
>>
it can be forgetful and slow, but damn if it isn't always there with 160 gigabytes to jam with me
:3
>>
my ipod freezes up for about an hour if and only if i try to play any songs from get lonely by the mountain goats
>>
>>63323606
your "feature phone" makes you look autistic
>>
>he fell for the Apple meme
My smartphone goes everywhere with me anyways. 200 gb microSD full of music defeats whatever purpose there could lie in carrying another device with 60 gb less storage.
>>
>>63326148
The apple meme only started with touchscreens famalam.
The iPod classic was a quality product, before they noticed their customers pay top bux any half assed shit they served.
>>
I got a replacement for free last year since mine was still under warranty

But this one now refuses to sync up to my iTunes, I can't put anything on it and most times when I plug it in for charging, iTunes just wipes it clean

No amount of restores seems to fix it, not even Disk Utility will accept it
Getting a big miffed since there'll never be another Classic model and I have far too much music to fit on a iTouch or whatever
>>
>>63326148
Formatting helps.

Apples shitty incompatible music format is crummy, but perfectly categorizing your iPod, having a very long battery, being cheap, and making playlists are nice.

Getting a 160g iPod when they were old for 150$ was amazing value
>>
I barely use it anymore but other then a stiff play button, it works perfectly
>>
>have an artist that has multiple releases with the same name that was released I the same year
>iTunes can't handle this
Fuck apple
>>
if the reallocs in this iPod my friend gave me are over 16,000+ is there anything I can do to save it or is it dead for sure
>>
>>63326396
Happened to me too senpai . gl, might need to find a 3rd party music player
>>
I have my 160gb from 2011. Still works, however the battery life isn't great. I usually use it plugged in via USB in my car anyway.
>>
>headphone jack broke 3 times

>would just randomly wipe itself

>after every album it switches to play a beatles song

sold it for $50
>>
>>63326585
it was an 80gb from 2007
>>
my headphone jack broke around 4 months ago. paid £30 or so to get it fixed, first problem i've had in 3 years of ownership
>>
Haven't synced it in over a year. Tried doing it through Musicbee once but it didn't work

Haven't ducked with it since. Don't really need it tbqh
>>
Still going strong. I put Rockbox on it though so I don't know what difference that makes to how it performs.

The back is scratched to fuck though, not that I care about that.
>>
>>63326148
>being this new
>>
I've had the same one for about 6 years now and after countless drops, bangs, dings, and scratches, it's still going strong. It's assigned to permanent AUX port duty now.
>>
>>63323488
Once the hard drive died I just bought the Tarkan 2 SD mod.
>>
>>63327170
I fixed it by myself for 7€
>>
Mine 160GB died about 2-3 month ago. Probably gonna replace dead harddrive with ZIH/SD adapter and 256GB SD card..
>>
>>63327544
*ZIF
>>
>>63323488

Very old. Saving up some scheckles to buy a new ssd/battery/outer shell. Still works but the hard drive is on the way out. Is CF the way to go?

I am so glad I had it, my Seagate hdd died on me and I lost all my music. Luckily my 160gb had them all and I used media monkey to bring it back.

Some stuff is missing, but it's still quite a relief. I'll be sad when it dies.
>>
It's in surprisingly good health. Lags a little when I click "Artists", but other than that it works flawlessly.
>>
>>63323488
mine passed away two years ago
very sad
>>
>>63323488
Sold mine about 5 years ago to some dumb hipster on craigslist for a cool $120. Clip Sport with a fat SD card is the way to go.
>>
>>63323488
I don't have any videos on it so I think it has a good few years left. Battery still lasts a good 72 hours before needing a charge. Got a durable case on it. Some issues with album images being mixed up but other than triggering my autism this isn't a big deal. I only have a bout 7500 songs but they all play fine.
>>
>>63323560
>>63323591
I'm having the same problem... What gives?
>>
Smartphones are better
>>
>>63329140
Electrical Engineer here
Usually this becomes a problem when the headphone jack becomes fucked up
>>
i left my ipod classic on a plane 2 years ago
>>
>>63331042
thanks I replaced the jack and the hard drive is working fine now :D
>>
>>63329140
You didn't look after the rotational velodensity
>>
I actually have 3. I buy broken ones and refurbish them together. I'll find them at Savers, Goodwill, etc. Two are 160, one is 80. Planning on gutting the 80 gig and replacing it with flash memory so I can prolong its' life.

>>63323560
If you want to keep it, buy a flash drive update. It'll stop doing that.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.