[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to enjoy hiphop music? It just all sounds shit to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
How to enjoy hiphop music? It just all sounds shit to me
>>
Sometimes. But the lyrics are so bad.
>>
In B4 can we get a face on dat chubby semen demon
>>
>>63271755
There's no way to enjoy it. If you like it you like it if not then listen to something else.
>>
>>63271808
It is actually adele
Also nice Kanyes
>>
hey thanks for the picture bud, got a couple of sweet wanks out of it. Much appreciated.
To come back to the main point, hip-hop has always been a medioce music genre. In my opinion it ruined the reputation of black people forever turning them into nigglets. Anyways to get back to main point, No I don't think Donald Trump will be a good president. But to come back to the main point; Yes i am worried that the world is running out of clean water and we haven't colonized mars yet.
>>
source?
>>
>>63271755
You... don't?
>>
You have to be under the age of 20, some people ''enjoy'' hip hop well into their thirties, these are a strange type of people.
>>
>>63272945
>these are a strange type of people
holy shit this expression, am i on reddit?

nope, it's just /mu/, the worst board on 4chan
>>
>>63272971
>triggered hip-hop fan
you have to be 18 or older to post here
>>
File: lil kim notorious.jpg (86 KB, 494x620) Image search: [Google]
lil kim notorious.jpg
86 KB, 494x620
>>63271755
modern pop rap/trap can be enjoyed if you turn you brain off and focus on the flow and beats. beast coast,experimental and golden age hip hop is more easy to the ears.
>>
>>63271755
THICC
>>
All hip hop starts to annoy me if I listen to it for too long, even good stuff like Kendrick starts to piss me off, particularly with its contradictory message.
>>
>>63272945
They are fucking weirdos though.
Mild autism is almost a prerequisite for appreciating hard body rap.
>>
>>63273694
What I mean to say is that hip hop as a genre is good, while black culture is fucking shit, so as a result hip hop rarely manages to cross the threshold of greatness.
>>
>>63273694
i dont find kendrick contradictory at all or at least compared to 2pac. most of the songs about being gang nshit are just a reflection of the youth acting all cool and powertrippy when they dont feel like this in their mind like backseat freestyle next to the art of peer pressure or good kid next to maad city.
>>
Being a degenerate helps
>>
It's shit. There is nothing to get. It's on the same level as bro country, musically speaking.
>>
>>63273694
>>63273730
We get it; you're an edgelord
>>
I'd rather listen to instrumental hip hop. Just straightforward chill beats like Nujabes.
>>
>>63273744
Yeah you're right Kendrick isn't nearly as bad but his whole white guilt shtick gets a bit annoying after a while, he's definitely the best rapper out there and I like his message for the most part.

I'm also not an American so maybe my viewpoint on your social issues is skewed.
>>
>>63273775
Fucking this, I've just got tired of rapping, it's played out.
>>
>>63273805
>white guilt
but the blacker the berry was about how hypocrite black men can be about racism by blaming all their problems on white people.
>>63273813
nah i feel like it needs to grow up probably why people enjoy MBDTF and TPAB that much because its different.
>>
>>63273853
Yeah and then in interviews Kendrick says that he's talking entirely about himself and not blacks as a whole, so basically he copped out of that statement.
>>
>>63271755
1. dont be white
>>
>>63273869
the way i see it there is kendrick in interviews, modest and calm, and kendrick when he raps, speak his minds without holding back. Even if he says that TBTB was mostly about him,which is probably true considering that the whole album is about him,there is no denying that its message is also true for the black community.
>>
File: tipping a fedora.jpg (29 KB, 550x427) Image search: [Google]
tipping a fedora.jpg
29 KB, 550x427
>>63273694
>>63273730
>>
>>63273924
Spotted the cuck
>>
>>63273924
If you read my other posts I said that I appreciate Kendrick quite a bit, I just think his messages are not consistent, but sure call me a fedoracore if that makes you feel good
>>
>>63271755
kinda just take note of the flow and rhyming or at least how they're delivering the words. Sometimes hip hop isn't about good lyrics but more on how you say a set of words. Maybe they're fast, rhyme, sound tough etc.

Or you could just ignore them completely and soak in the production. Modern hip hop has some amazingly well produced artists atm.
>>
if you think hip hop music is shit in 2016 remember that you're the one posting about it on the music section of an anime board, while the rest of the world is leading a content social life.
>>
>>63273961
well said anon
>>
>>63273853
>>63273869
>>63273909
Freddie Gordy by Freddie Gibbs at least hints at a similar "message"
>All about the dollar signs, fuck the sympathy
>And fuck police cause' they killing you and killing me
>Slanging and banging, my paper stay getting fatter
>So do black lives matter when you're about to kill your enemy?
>>
well, don't listen to it?

god sake. stop being cancer
>>
>>63274061
GANGSTA GIBBS DOES IT AGAIN
>>
>>63274164
amen
>>
>>63274031
ah well, that's just my experiences. I'm sure there are MCs out there with consistently great and cohesive lyrics. for the most part I just let them rhythms flow.
>>
>>63271755
im not a pleb
>>
>>63271755
I used to think like that but you just have to find your artists. I'd recommend Death Grips, Kendrick and J. Cole. That's who I listen to the most
>>
>>63273975
/thread
>>
>>63274626
i like j.cole early work but he fell off after his first album
>>
>>63273948
What message? You realize a solid chunk of his songs are written from the perspective of others. There's not supposed to be a singular message.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.