[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the guitar such a popular instrument?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 319x158) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 319x158
Why is the guitar such a popular instrument?
>>
sounds good, easy to play without reading sheet music, they cover a lot of ground, there's a history in modern music of playing it, etc
>>
>>63193550
Relatively easy to learn, very portable.
>>
easiest to pick up and play

tons of songs you can play with just basic open chords
>>
>>63193550
It's cheap to make compared to basically anything else. Even high end guitars are cheaper than high end anything-else.
>>
>>63193550

pick up birds
>>
>>63193590
>>63193599
All these plus it's versatile as fuck, also they can be cheap and almost everyone knows someone with a guitar so it's extremely accessible.
>>
>>63193550
it gives a ton of different ways to voice a chord as supposed to piano, the way people usually voice a 7th sounds soothing on a guitar, but on a piano it's just jazzy
>>
>>63193685
Would you like me if I learned?
>>
>>63193736
yeah, ok then
>>
>>63193550
Basically what everyone is saying about how easy it is to get started. Being actually good is another story, though. That's why you see a ton of people with guitars who quit after learning basic chords and a scale or two. Easiest popular instrument to learn, arguably the hardest to master because of how much you can do with it.
>>
>>63193813
Why can't you just like me? :(
>>
File: playitwidejon.jpg (92 KB, 455x700) Image search: [Google]
playitwidejon.jpg
92 KB, 455x700
>>63194047
sure, you're great, don't change a thing
>>
>>63193854
I like that it serves as a gateway to quite a few similar instruments, like mandolin, lap steel, banjo, and uke. Perhaps not orchestral stringed instruments though. I imagine a violinist of 7 years would have an easier time picking up guitar than the other way around.
>>
>>63194151
Why am I never enough for you..
>>
Guitar hero
>>
File: big_Robert_Plant__11_.jpg (123 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
big_Robert_Plant__11_.jpg
123 KB, 500x710
>>63194244
hang on...
>>
lads!
>>
>>63194329
>robert plant will never begrudgingly pick you last for a pickup game of soccer
jdimsa (just die in my sleep already) ;_;
>>
>>63194836
>jdimsa
what kind of a people even posts this
>>
>>63195159
I'm from reddit. o.o
>>
Versatile and fun! Saxophone, flute, trumpet, tuba, piano, keyboard, even the synth.... not as fun.
>>
>>63196196
Synth can be a lot of fun depending on how developed your ear is and how good you are at improvising.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.