[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is she considered such a terrible guitarist by some people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 2048x1361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 2048x1361
Why is she considered such a terrible guitarist by some people?
>>
Is she?
I dunno, I find her boring, but as a guitarist I'd say she's quite alright.
>>
She's a walking gimmick
>>
Those people actually play the guitar and you donĀ“t
>>
Some people just hate everything.
>>
i don't she's a terrible guitarist but her music is boring indie shite
>>
>>63172077
she doesn't sell enough records though
>>
>>63172110
supposed to be a 'think' in there
>>
im absolutely unimpressed by her and her music. she doesnt completely suck but there is nothing special about her playing at all
>>
She's not bad, fairly average, but terrible is a stretch
>>
>>63172033
What does her expression convey?
Saw one video of her playing, then I read a comment about her miss use of fuzz pedals.
>>
Friendly reminder that David Byrne turned her into a monster.
>>
>>63172357
a beautiful monster
>>
honestly I can't tell when a guitarist is good. what makes a good guitarist?
>>
>>63172368
but not my beautiful wife
>>
>>63172386

When they can play a solo while doing an ollie
>>
>>63172386
Great technical abiity combined with great composition.
>>
>>63172668
Fair
>>
How does Annie get the guitar tone for the solo on Rattlesnake. That part gets me on tone alone.
>>
>>63172412

*slow clap*
>>
you decide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE7R4nKBK8Y
>>
>>63173717
meh

https://youtu.be/rn-wj4pRpIE
>>
I think she's interesting. She has a lot of unique tones and unique technique. Lots of hybrid picking, sometimes no pick at all. She's not good in the normal guitar virtuoso sense, but she's good. Most guitarists don't like her because she doesn't sound exactly like Hendrix.
>>
>>63173494
her toans are killer
>>
She's fucking Angus Young-tier when it comes to riffs. They're perfectly formed things and you hate her/them specifically for the fact that they're perfect. Great inventor, at any rate.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.