[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly, I consider these to be the best thrash/speed metal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
Honestly, I consider these to be the best thrash/speed metal albums. I excluded Metallica because every schoolboy (myself included) loves em. Did dubstep or certain subcategories of EDM replace metal like this? I feel there musical elements EDM and metal like this had in common. Non-metal mentions include van halen.
>>
File: Megadeth-RustInPeace.jpg (173 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Megadeth-RustInPeace.jpg
173 KB, 300x300
>>63105503
>>
File: 61LA7+vpoaL.jpg (67 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
61LA7+vpoaL.jpg
67 KB, 500x497
>>
>>63105503
Slayer and Exodus are the only popular thrash metal bands I give a shit about.
>>
The thrash revival needs to die already. Most of those 'classic' albums sound like garbage - add to that - why the fuck you playing in standard tuning you old school fucks? Iommi was in C sharp standard back in the day.
>>
File: 51VWM2FS4XL._SY355_.jpg (37 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
51VWM2FS4XL._SY355_.jpg
37 KB, 355x355
The thrash revival is dead. However, I consider the thrash revival to be better than the original thrash (old skool metallica exceluded).
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 1200x1200
>>63105503
Where were you when HHH ripped off Slayer?
>>
File: Slayer_-_Seasons_in_the_Abyss.jpg (40 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Slayer_-_Seasons_in_the_Abyss.jpg
40 KB, 300x300
I consider dubstep to be the cultural replacement of thrash
>>
>>63105547
what is HHH
>>
>>63105541
Also - Hell Awaits and Kill 'em All are trash.
>>
>>63105588
Kill 'em all was not trash, Motorhead's Ace of Spades was not thrash.
>>
Kill 'em All was pretty decent
>>
>>63105609
Bro - Kill 'em All was objectively trash. That and No Life Til Leather could easily be wiped off of the face of the earth and no one wold bat a goddamn eye. Well, no one that matters anyway.
>>
>>63105609
>>63105632
me, metal was an improved version of punk in my opinion. More complex, could convey more feelings
>>
>>63105572
Hunter Hunt-Hendrix, memelord from Liturgy
>>
I feel like Kill 'Em All was necessary in the evolution of Metal(llica). Like, early Slayer and Megadeth was tear uh bul
>>
>>63105678
If you listen hard enough, there is method to the madness and (hur hur hur) if you can get over the redonkulous screaming vocals, the ever so slightest semblance of melody
>>
>>63105678
definitely necessary but most metal heads do that bullshit nostalgia for paradise/the first album was their best album bullshit

I wish there was a fallacy named after that shit. The metalhead fallacy. Or the try hard fallacy.
>>
>>63105716
Lithurgy blows. Metallica had more talent in them before their balls dropped. Go home home, 63105716. I don't care if you posted that shit or not.
>>
>>63105792
Bro - ha - not the dude who posted the lithurgy album. But my point still stands on that first album loyalty.
>>
>>63105830
I opine that Kill 'Em All is an above average thrash album. What is some newer stuff you'd recommend on album basis?
>>
>>63105873
Oh - i'm not a thrash guy, man. I'm a groove guy. I'm only in this thread because i consider God Hates Us All to be a groove album.
>>
>>63105935
putting on god hates us all now. lol update me on groove then. I'm hitting a chill point in my semester. I was the dude who thinks EDM could pull some groove out of the groove in metal and move up in the shitty genres of music
>>
>>63105963
me, the riffs are shorter. I am also drinking. I can kind of see what you mean in groove, but its in slight rhythmic differences between old and new
>>
>>63105528
Drop tuned thrash sounds bad.
>>
>>63105963
Can't go wrong with some Testament. Some dope ass riffs on this fucker. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia5DtRye5zs
>>
what is speed metal anyway?
>>
>>63105503
yes it did, both are faux-extreme
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.