[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: DUSTER:STRATOSPHERE.jpg (442 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
DUSTER:STRATOSPHERE.jpg
442 KB, 1200x1200
Thoughts on this album?
>>
>>63098268
What type of music is it? Why should I listen to this album?
>>
love it
>>
>>63098293
Lo-fi, quite a nice album to relax to, at times it oddly reminds me of shoegaze
>>
One of the best indie rock albums of the 90s. It's genuinely something wonderful I can credit /mu/ with helping me discover.
>>
>>63098351
sometimes I feel this album is too underrated. But I guess it gives it a sense of novelty
>>
i got asked to incorporate "echo bravo" into a mix recently. it didn't quite work in context of the other stuff, so i was a bit bummed out.
i can't say i'm a duster fan, but i'm interested in them now at least.
>>
>>63098324
>Lo-fi, quite a nice album to relax to, at times it oddly reminds me of shoegaze
Thank you. Will give it a spin.
>>
>>63098435
It's a blend of lo-fi slowcore and space rock. One of my favorites of all time. Gold Dust is the most beautiful guitar tones I've ever heard.
>>
>>63098450
one thing i think is interesting about this record is how dissonant it is in spots?
>>
>>63098450
I quite enjoy it actually.

>>63098450
>It's a blend of lo-fi slowcore and space rock. One of my favorites of all time. Gold Dust is the most beautiful guitar tones I've ever heard.
Is gold dust a track on this particular album?
>>
>>63098477
Yeah. I know what you mean, it really gives a nice unique characteristic to the album
>>
>>63098525
It is. 3rd track.
>>
>>63098525
Yeah it's the third song on the album
>>
most civil conversation i've ever seen on /mu/
>>
>>63098268
I used to love it, but ever since it's become a meme, I've stopped listening to it and have removed it from my music library.
>>
File: DUSTER:CONTEMPORARYMOVEMENT.jpg (46 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
DUSTER:CONTEMPORARYMOVEMENT.jpg
46 KB, 700x700
For further listening check out this album by Duster.
>>
>>63098564
It's quite an interesting and enjoyable album. I am not sure whether I enjoy the vocals being "so out there" (if that makes sense). Sometimes they come across as not even in the "beat" (is that the correct term?) of the song?

>Yeah it's the third song on the album
That is interesting. Whereas I enjoy the track, why would you go that far? What makes the "guitar tones" that enjoyable to you? :curious:
>>
>>63098631
I actually prefer this album but I know that's a pretty unpopular opinion
>>
>>63098639
I've never really thought about it to be honest. There soothing to listen to, it's like when you listen to the album you've fallen into a dream with the unclear yet decipherable vocals
>>
>>63098709
I always really liked the song Operations from this album, a lot.
>>
>>63098293
The bare minimum of what rock "music" can offer.
>>
>>63098293
Lo Fi slowcore but not like red house painters or low, very spacey and dreamy. Some of the most beautiful guitar playing ever.
>>
>>63098525
>Gold Dust is the most beautiful guitar tones I've ever heard.
>>63098773
>Some of the most beautiful guitar playing ever.
I am quite astonished personally. Reason being that whereas I do enjoy the music, I am not quite sure why you would praise the guitar to this extent.
>>
>>63098740
That's "Cooking" for me, personally. The opener track is what brings this down a bit.
>>
>>63098614
It's not a "meme", if anything it's just /mu/core
You realize that you calling it a meme just makes it that much more of a meme, right?
>>
decent overlooked slow-core/lo-fi album, grossly overrated by whoever spams this on /mu/
>>
Tried this album a few years ago and I hated it, but I wanted to give it a fair shake so I listened to it 4 or 5 times. I think I might give it one more spin just in case.
>>
>>63098938
>Tried this album a few years ago and I hated it, but I wanted to give it a fair shake so I listened to it 4 or 5 times. I think I might give it one more spin just in case.
Just gave it a spin for the first time myself, and I quite enjoy it. I am not sure why people seem to consider the guitars, on this particular album, to be that good though.
>>
>>63098877
yeah let's avoid this album becoming a meme album
>>
>>63098984
I have to say I'm enjoying it quite a lot more this time around. The guitar on Gold Dust is pretty great.
>>
this is better
>>
File: mmeemme.png (2 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
mmeemme.png
2 MB, 1200x1200
>>63099118
>>63098877
not if i can help it
>>
>>63099501
oh god it's happening
>>
File: tcnw.jpg (48 KB, 605x605) Image search: [Google]
tcnw.jpg
48 KB, 605x605
>>63099494
this is also better
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.