[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I-I finally get it, /mu/. It's beautiful.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
I-I finally get it, /mu/.

It's beautiful.
>>
Oh yeah? Do ya? OR ARE YOU BLUFFING YOU PIECE OF SHIT?
>>
File: front.jpg (1 MB, 1119x1119) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
1 MB, 1119x1119
aim for this next, absolutely insane to see the music go from what you think is bad to incredible
>>
>>63030712
If he barely got loveless, he wont grab trout mask. That feeling is gained through life and instantly released upon listening.
>>
>>63030671
>>63030712
>>63031312
I just listened to In the Court of the Crimson King, another /mu/core album. 9/10. Most amazing album I've heard since OK Computer.
>>
File: 1451793399665.jpg (353 KB, 1482x1014) Image search: [Google]
1451793399665.jpg
353 KB, 1482x1014
>>63030559
>>63030712
I feel like you have to either listen to these albums while on substances or have an extensive technical knowledge of music in order to enjoy these albums.
Ive tried a bunch of times to get into both of these albums, but they never clicked.
>>
File: front.jpg (624 KB, 2639x2604) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
624 KB, 2639x2604
>>63031334
Wait till you hear this if you enjoy prog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqWqedEaD0I
>>
i recently listened to spiderland for the first time and holy shit, it was good
>>
>>63031389
listen to Loveless pretty fucking loud repeatedly, you just suddenly realize how perfect the textures are

TMR is a jazzy blues album so you just have to expect that and complex polyrhythms

don't expect either to click without at least some effort put into really focusing on the music
>>
>>63031475
DUDE LOUDER LMAO
>>
>>63031493
idk if you're memeing or not but that really helps, it's an album that has a really layered sound that is hard to pick out at too low of a volume

you don't need to kill your ears or anything but it helps to raise it
>>
>>63030559
Enjoy it, friend. Few pleasures in life match Loveless.
>>
File: latest.jpg (2 MB, 1500x3102) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
2 MB, 1500x3102
Ahh, is this the thread where we give each other tuggies over how good /mu/core is??

Every single one of these albums is my favorite :-D
>>
nah its just vacuums yo
>>
>>63031493
Yea no stfu, Loveless is absolutely transcendent at high volumes. Getting powered monitors was the best thing to happen to my appreciation of blissed-out textures.
>>
If I understood Uncle Meat on my first two listens, will I be able to appreciate Trout Mask Replica?
>>
>>63031389
>>63030712
shitty album. listened to this when I went through my blues phase in highschool. Its literally edgy band nerd tier.

>>63031389
Listening to loveless while robbotripping and on 200g of morning glory seeds, melting into my bed as my nose starts bleeding all over my face and pillow encasing my soul in warm blood and fuzzy aural textures is one the best experiances Ive ever had. Nothing else like it. You need to be straight lit for that album.
>>
File: downloadfile-6.jpg (188 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-6.jpg
188 KB, 1024x1024
I finally got this. It's great
>>
I got it on my first listen.

Now I don't get it anymore.
>>
>>63031389
>fuzzy dreampop with some noisy bits
>extensive technical knowledge of music

Jesus, what do you think of stuff like Sonic Youth?
>>
Yea I never thought MBV was that hard to get into, they have nice melodies and stuff. The only music I have trouble getting into is music with less melody, sometimes it will still click eventually though.
>>
>>63031475
Stockholm Syndrome
>>
>>63031312
I got into TMR much earlier than I did Loveless
>>
>>63033640
this.
that intro really got me excited, thought i found a 'hidden gem'... shit time flies
>>
>>63034442
lmao..... perfect....
>>
>>63030559
Ok, seriously though, do I need to read the lyrics to get this because it's basically just sound to me.

Like, the instrumentation is good, but I don't "get it."
>>
>>63032848
I just want to eat mushrooms and listen to loveless. I already find it beautiful sober. I can't imagine it on psychidelics
>>
>>63035224
I listened to it and Souvlaki with friends on shrooms- imagine the energy of those albums occurring on all sensory and phenomenal levels of your being.

>Loveless
>Souvlaki
>Pet Sounds
>Sunbather

try all of those, unless in the moment you don't think you'd be up for Sunbather because you'd have a bad time
>>
>>63031631
nuh uh every single one of those albums are MY favorite xD get out!
>>
>>63035106
just throw it on now and then and see if it clicks, try sitting in different positions and changing the lighting of the room
>>
>>63035106
no, go watch lost in translation though maybe. Or just think of that girlyou could be happy with but who doesnt like you back anymore 0:
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.