[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /mu/ think about Peter, bjorn and john?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
what does /mu/ think about Peter, bjorn and john?
>>
I like that one song a lot
>>
are these the guys who do that whistling song?
>>
I like that song they did with drake
>>
>>63009844
>>63009860
yes and yes.

AFAIK the song is definitely /mu/ approved indiepop, if it isn't, then fuck /mu/

the band however, with their discography is awfully inconsistent and random shit, like I downloaded one of their later albums was nearly like testosterone post hardcore shit.
>>
One hit meme
>>
Kanye owned their little cheesy meme tune
>>
young folks is possibly the catchiest pop song ever made
>>
>>63010201
all irony and contrarianism aside, it really is.
>>
I never realized how much that video looks like Archer
>>
That one song is fantastic, all other songs of theres I've never heard. But I wonder how they're doing now, like do you get rich enough to survive your entire life with just one hit song?
>>
>>63010151
whatd he do
>>
Writer's Block is one of my favorite albums
Seaside Rock is cool for what it was
Living Thing was a pretty good follow up that saw them expanding their sound in more outlandish ways
Gimme Some was decent but ultimately disappointing
>>
>>63010303
>contrarianism
but it was literally the result of muh indie going mainstream
>>
>>63009707
that song makes me feel sick
>>
>>63009878
Me too. Drake should do more indie samples but that will never happen
>>
It's funny how it gets away with using the classic chinese tune at the start of the whistle melody without it being too obvious http://youtu.be/zJJ8zbdVIiI
>>
>>63010659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LVvCSZKvf8
>>
>>63009707
That was great song, haven't heard anything since. Recommendations?
>>
when someone says "indie white band" this band is what comes to mind
youmg folks is so fucking good it kills the rest of the album, everything sounds so average in comparison
>>
>>63011155
What the fuck.
Doesn't /mu/ love this guy? Fuck that's disappointing.
>>
That song is fucking magical
>>
there isn't even a girl in the band
>>
File: 1428490959560.jpg (90 KB, 773x773) Image search: [Google]
1428490959560.jpg
90 KB, 773x773
>tfw was too scared that somebody would think I was gay for liking music with female singers and whistling
>mfw they always turned young folks off just for me
>>
>>63009707
My girlfriend used to listen to that one album and it would always put her to sleep. Pretty comfy I guess. I never listened to it myself.
>>
>>63011155
KEK
>>
I prefer Shugo Tokumaru's cover of Young Folks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqGjyI1nBP8
>>
On the topic of Scandinavian indie...
>>
>>63012288
damn. for some reason that makes me sad
>>
Writers Block is a very good insie pop album. It has it weak spots, but with Young Folks as a stand out track, it's gard to not respect them.
>>
>>63012524
>tfw an album is too gard to get into
>>
Who /comfy/ here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFaenf1T-Y
>>
>Young Folks
>Amsterdam
>Roll The Credits

They'll only be remembered because whistles but Writer's Block is a solid album.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.