[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proff that kanye is finessing the system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: YEscript.jpg (108 KB, 1440x898) Image search: [Google]
YEscript.jpg
108 KB, 1440x898
Kanye West is a mastermind and this single pic related proves he duped us all.

>you realize kanye is the same nerdy black kid that he started out to be
>you realize that after learning the ins and outs of the music industry and pop culture as a whole Kanye is just manipulating mass media to portray a character or "ego" that the world believes him to be
>he really is just a creative genius but still human
>TLOP is designed to seem mediocre at a first glance (as Yeezus was) but truly down to its core is art
>only other open minded people can understand the misunderstood Ye

in conclusion Kanye is in all sense of the word a living god. He has been breaking barriers since forever and will continue to do so even if the mass public doesn't agree with him. He truly is a renaissance man.

If yall are interested I could go into my theory behind Ye's dicography and his reasoning behind a lot of things.
>>
>>62623421
amber rose fisted him
>>
>He truly is a renaissance man
>Writes about bleached assholes
>>
Hmm okay then
>>
ok tell us your theory
>>
Take your meds
>>
>>62623421

He married a Kardashian. It's only natural he starts using their tactics now to get fame and stay in the spotlight.
>>
>>62623421
I am intrigued. Love him btw.
>>
did you read that on Genius
>>
>>62623487
and where is she now?
>>
>>62623663
as Ye said himself he literally has been trending for YEARS. Kim is new to the fame if anything she hoped on his wave and it only makes sense for the trendiest nigga to have the trendiest bitch.
>>
>>62623718

Ye in the past had mass appeal because he was an innovator and said controversial shit because he genuinely felt that way (VMA's, Bush and black people). But now his twitter feed sounds like he has people in the background telling him what to say. Same with the Taylor line in the album. Same with the blac chyna and Rob line. He's not being genuine and it's clear from the above tweet that he does have some media manager coaching him through this shit. Kanye Kardashian
>>
/kanyegeneral/ when?
>>
File: donald-trump-rnc-pledge-getty.jpg (88 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-rnc-pledge-getty.jpg
88 KB, 640x480
>>62623421
His Twitter and Trump's at times are identical. Trump just never gets introspective like Ye
>>
I Was Only Pretending To Be Retarded . JPG
>>
mental gymnastics: the thread
>>
Kanye
Anal Play
Kanye
Anal Play
Kanye
Anal Play
Kanye
Anal Play
Kanye
Anal Play
Kanye
Anal Play
Kanye
Anal Play
Kanye
Anal Play
Kanye
Anal Play
Kanye
Anal Play

Whats Ye's end game?
>>
>>62623619
>>62623602
>>62623666

its taking me some time but im writing it currently
>>
>>62624273
I look forward to it
>>
>>62624273
#HYPE
>>
File: tlop custom cover 5.png (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
tlop custom cover 5.png
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>62624273
i'm waiting anon
here, have some TLOP oc covers
>>
how the fuck was kanye ever a nerdy kid it sounds like you're self-inserting into him
>>
>>62624039
>implying prostate orgasms arent the best
>>
File: the life of pablo.png (3 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
the life of pablo.png
3 MB, 1024x1024
>>62624273
where is it anon???
>>
File: 1455580665059.jpg (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455580665059.jpg
80 KB, 500x500
It's obvious that some tracks need to be cut from TLOP. Give me your alternate tracklists /mu/.
>>
>>62625141
OK im about to post half of my speculations. i could only cover his first 6 albums with my first 2 posts then ill go deeper into his career with following posts so stay tuned.
>>
File: 1449879591282.jpg (66 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1449879591282.jpg
66 KB, 960x960
>>62623619
>>62623602
>>62623666

Ok so I posted b4 but here. Yes discography is made in sets.

College Drop out / Late registration / Graduation

This is the young ambitious Ye, the new kid on the block. He was hot and he new it so he had a bit of an ego. His first 3 albums share an obvious theme, the bear. Now to go back on what an artist really does, he reflects the feelings and emotions he is currently feeling onto a consumable medium. Remember this as it is really important. We all know that deep down, beyond all the shit we see on the surface, ye is self conscious. What the bear represents. Its pretty straight forward but its Ye about Ye dropping out, realizing school aint for him (CD) then finding his passion in music (LR) then succeeding (GR). Pretty simple not encrypted or complicated at all.

But then Ye really fucking taps into his heart with 808s and Heartbreak.The break up (& his mothers passing, RIP Mrs. West) really makes Ye look deep and he concocts this fucking engenius scheme.

808s/MBDTF/Yeezus are all a 2nd set of albums. But this time the theme is encrypted. People wonder all the time how ye has been able to stay relavent all this time. its because his music is literally growing with time.

Looking at the album covers they all share a similar theme. red. But the way red is used is fucking genius. The heart on the cover of 808s and heartbreak represents Ye being vulnerable. BTW Everything trait I say about the covers reflect the musical content as well.

Shape: Heart, represents vulnerability, love (weather that love result in pain or pleasure, in this case pain)
it is also wrinkly as if it were used or exhasted.
>>
>>62625415
Position: in the middle, representing vulnerability again, or also the need to surround ones self.

What this album represents is Ye loving and as a result, is pained. After reaching a new low by losing so much it also enables Ye to turn all that pain into art and that is what we see with MBDTF. It is the balance between good and bad. It is the omnipotence that Ye unlocked after hitting his low. With MBDTF it is orchestrated chaos and beauty.

Now back to the albums covers. Ye is still the red, but this time uninhibited. This is also why i think MBDTF is Yes best work. Ye lets go of all restrictions and consumes himself in his own creative genius, this consumption (but not OVER consumption, major key) is the birth of the character we see in the middle which is Ye's new ego the monster in the middle. But the monster is contained in this cover showing balance between chaos and order. Which is why i say MBDTF is masterfully orchestrated. This the perfect balance, a balance so perfect, it is Ye's beautiful dark twisted fantasy. (get it, its self contradicting aka balanced.

But then the character known as Ye is consumed in his ego and YEEZUS is born. Yeezus is Ye's ego completely uninhibited. Yeezus dosnt give a fuck, hes in your face, hes loud, industrial, and its done so beautifully. Remember how many people hated it as it came out but then it grew on people. That is what Ye does now, He makes you blindly hate him but if you dig a bit youll come to appreciate his genius.

Back to the album cover. Ye knows hes good, or at least this version of him does. It is secure, confident, and cocky.

The shap being a squar represents this. A square is definite. It is established. This is what Ye is at this point of his career. He doesnt care about making appealing music he is making ART. That is why the album cover is just a red square on a cd. It is just YEEZUS on ANOTHER ALBUM. he doesnt care about making it aesthetically pleasing as long as it is art.
>>
>>62625189
Ultra light beams
Father Pt1 and 2
I love Kanye
Famous
Feedback
Lowlights (finished ffs)
Highlights
Waves
Wolves
Nmpia
Real friends
FML
30 HOURS WITHOUT CRINGEY 2ND HALF
Fade
Ultra light beams
>>
>>62625450
quick summary of the theory so far
>so far on Kanye Ball Z

>kanye arrives on the music scene
>drops out of college
>hits the music scene
>does great
first 3 albums
>Ye loves life, loves a little too much and ends up hurt
>Turns new profound pain into beauty and chaos and ultimately, ART
>is then consumed by his own ego or "character"

and that brings us to TLOP.
>>
>>62625466
u cant have real friends after nmpila. shit doesnt make sense
>>
Then we hav TLOP the most masterfully crafted PEICE OF ART in history. Not only was it crafted musically, it was crafted visually (cover), and ye made EVERYONE aware with his manipulation of social media.

TLOP is essentially Ye telling everyone ALL MY SHIT IS OPEN FOR INTERPRETATION because ART is SUBJECTIVE.

TLOP musically was crafted as sort of a a YE's greatest hits but with completely new tracks. Its like if he were to not release the best track of each of his previous albums, retaining that same sound, feel, and emotion. It did have a definit beginning middle and end but Ye thought of this as a restriction on himself. So to free himself of restriction he changed the cover, name, and even order. Now this album is a complete free for all. The cover sugests this too. It replicates Pablo escobars (another great artist) cubism to tell his audience that everything is open ended and open for interpretation, almost like a bible of sorts summarizing his career while also him showing he still got it. He literally says which one not because there is a right or wrong answer but because it is there for interpretation. This is why robotic critics like fantano cannot grasp the artistic genius behind it, for he is not an artist. This is also why people are coming up with thier own track listings ITS WHAT YE WANTED.
>>
>>62625189
honestly just the track listing he posted for Waves when it was in 3 acts. Increases quality and enjoyment so much for me
>>
anyone still here?
>>
>>62625808
>Pablo Escobar's cubism
Is this some really dedicated b8 or are you just straight retarded
>>
>>62625733
I like it, opened up a thread to get others people opinions. I am very curious.
>>
he sure showd us all by making no money off of his album by making it a tidal exclusive and having everyone torrent it for free
>>
>>62626065
oops did my typo get your jimmies rustled.

Im saying TLOP is supposed to be perceived as a picture. A picture has no "beginning" or "end" the eyes simply wander and find things its likes and doesnt like. It is all subjective.
>>
>>62626267
I agree with what you're saying, art is subjective and it's up to the listener to interpret it as they see fit. But seriously dude, that's no typo, that's just plain ignance
>>
>>62626319
admittedly i am ignorant when it comes to art like pablo picasso but I think a lot of the artistic ideas still stand. My interpretation is not overstepped but my knowledge might have been.
>>
>>62626384
And honestly senpai you're giving Ye way too much credit with your interpretation of TLOP, I don't believe for a second that the whole social media clusterfuck is some performance piece about how art is subjective. It's more like incompetence and Kanye surrounding himself with yes men who won't tell him when he goes too far
>>
>>62625189
>It's obvious that some tracks need to be cut from TLOP.
and every other rap album
>>
>>62626457
the pic related proves that Ye uses a script on twitter. His beef with Wiz was just to stir up talk, all his outrageous tweets. Its all on purpose, people dont see past Ye's facade because it is so deep it has consumed him but hes still the same genuine/awkward person with outbursts like bush doesnt care about black people. Im not saying Ye is inhuman because he has his flaws too but considering how chaotic his life must be rn i think TLOP is an accurate reflection of his life. He really is like a child on TLOP, doing whatever he wants.
>>
k but i didn't like the album
just ultralight beam, and i hate chance, but that song is beautiful 10/10 song i'd say
>this is my part nobody else speak
>>
>>62627287
Best song on the album for sure. Now my 3rd favorite Kanye song.
>>
>>62625466
Love how once the review comes out people incorporate it into their reviews and thoughts. My god what a bunch of followers you are.
>>
>>62623421
>designed to seem mediocre at a first glance
Why the fuck would anybody do that? Yeah, Kanye knows what he's doing, but that's trying to pass off a mess of an album as some kind of high art.
>>
My opinions for TLOP is the same as, say, the Trout Mask Replica, but both seem to do something better than the other. My problem with the Trout Mask was that musically it didn't appeal to me all that much, however the execution and concept were very interesting. With Pablo, it's the opposite with the music being something that appeals to me, but the execution and the concept being too surface level and banal that it comes off as superficial.
>>
>>62625808
I believe you senpai. I'm glad somebody is giving Ye the credit he deserves. On here, it's either you hate Yeezy because you're a fucking contrarian or you're too pig headed to appreciate Hip-Hip, OR you love Kanye because you're a dick rider. The reality is Kanye is a mess, but a messy genius. It feels good to know people can still be critical yet come out the other end positive. No blind negativity, no dickriding.
>>
>>62627717
thank you based anon. A majority of this site is cancerous (as all popular things become) but there always will be those critical thinkers and creative individuals and know that we can always recognize eachother then exchange actual conversation instead of shitposting.
>>
>>62627717
>On here, it's either you hate Yeezy because you're a fucking contrarian or you're too pig headed to appreciate Hip-Hip, OR you love Kanye because you're a dick rider. The reality is Kanye is a mess, but a messy genius

I agree with this statement whole heartly. Kanye has transcended a majority of people in terms of consciousness and its taking its toll on him but creating an almost child like being that radiates positivity and purity(think more like unbaised) but simultaneously is a critical thinker
>>
man, being post-mbdtf kanye must be great

>yo, jeff baskher, mike dean, q-tip, swizz, 88-keys, hit-boy, s1, no i.d., anthony kilhoffer, daft punk, noah goldstein, gesaffelstein, evian christ, hudmo, lunice, che pope, brodinski, rick rubin, metro boomin, plain pat, southside, velous, mike will, lifted, boi-1da, cashmere cat, karriem riggins, madlib - give me some heat, niggas
>yo, big sean, cudi, pusha, cyhi, ab liva, lupe, kendrick, rhymefest, malik yusef, trashis - give me some fire bars, f.am
>throw everything together, doesn't even bother to edit or develop the ideas into a well done piece of music
>let the stans create theories explaining why the album was meant to sound bad/unfinished
>>
>>62625450
I buy it
>>
>>62623487
same
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.