[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In light of Animal Collective 6.2 and Kanye's 9.0, let&
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: fuck_wilco.jpg (102 KB, 609x465) Image search: [Google]
fuck_wilco.jpg
102 KB, 609x465
In light of Animal Collective 6.2 and Kanye's 9.0, let's talk about the negrofication of Pitchfork. What made them rebrand around hip hop?

>Is Pitchfork 'done' with the Animal Collective brand?
>Will ppl begin to associate P4k with Kanye West instead of AnCo?

>We already know that in the 2k10s only rappers can be 'brilliant' / produce perfection
>so groups of 1-4 white dudes can't make relevant albums any more

https://web.archive.org/web/20150629103129/http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2010/11/negrofication-pitchfork-and-death-white-mans-indie.html
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg (154 KB, 908x1000) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg
154 KB, 908x1000
>>62617222
>mfw hipsterrunoff was a prophet
>mfw we didn't listen
>>
I am so bored by the liberal self hate. Each and everyday the leftist media proclaims death of the white man, while worshipping any other culture but their own. It's just comical.
>>
>>62617222
White-boy indie rock is fucking boring tho
>>
>>62617543
Trap rap is fucking shit though.
>>
>>62617451
>liberal
>leftist media
>white self-hate

>>>/pol/

back to your containment board you faggot.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
File: so-sorry.jpg (54 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
so-sorry.jpg
54 KB, 500x354
>>62617604
>implying white self-hate doesn't exist
>>
>>62617604
he's not wrong though

there is an obvious work of social engineering when it comes to the negrofication of white stuff

i'm not a reactionary though, I'm an old school marxist
>>
Why does anyone give a fuck about pitch fork? Ffs
>>
>>62617604

Whatever. I am not even trying to troll. It's annoying and it takes away from non white artists who actually make good stuff too.
>>
>>62617656
>I'm an old school marxist
you're at best 19 yrs old
>>
>>62617680
i'm a renowned marxist in my campus and revolution will come I assure you that this conversation was planned by the bourgeoisie

the first world isn't revolutionary material

all hail the MST in brazil
>>
>>62617604
I don't see how you can deny the existence of white guilt. Have you not heard about #OscarsSoWhite or #BlackLivesMatter?
>>
>>62617222
What does a white trust fund baby living in a Brooklyn loft decked out in Free the People's 2015 winter catalog have in common with a black ex-drug dealer from Atlanta who realized telling stories about murder would make him millions as opposed to actually murdering someone then ending up in jail? The answer is nothing. White people who listen to trap are just participating in a modern day minstrel show of supporting the most niggerish music that exists. They don't want to see blacks as intelligent people, they want to see them as animalistic criminals who sing about fucking/dealing/murdering while impoverished. The glorious ghetto tales bring rugged fantasies to life for these upper middle class types who double as social progressives. They are so totally anti-drug war even though those same Reagan era policies are why they get the niggerish rap music they love so much. They won't see a problem in listening to Waka Flocka rap about lovin that gun sound as they pound out a 3,000 thesis on how the white devil is responsible for systemic genocide against black bodies. Pitchfork is following consumer habits and their target audience wants a cross between Rolling Stone and XXL but they want a white version of it. Nobody gives a shit about underground culture anymore because it's been comodofied, bastardized, and is now dead. The guts are rotting in the street but will be reharvested as a Record Store Day exclusive for 2017.
>>
does anyone have a 320 download of this, without stupid fucking DJ AARON ELLIS
>>
>>62617639
Is it still to late to say sorry?
>>
>>62617222
Both of these albums were very mediocre
>>
>>62617656
i also wear fedoras in secret
>>
File: future.png (105 KB, 1344x506) Image search: [Google]
future.png
105 KB, 1344x506
>>62618058
it's sad to see all these white bloggers trying to pass future as a guy who's suffering from deep depression, going on a self destructive drug binge when in reality he's only trying to make big money
>>
>>62617222
new anco sucked kanye sucked also
stop caring abt arbitrary scores. be auth
>>
>>62618705
the only thing that sucked about the new anco is the fact that we only have a 128 vinyl rip
>>
>>62618721
Yo can I borrow that time machine when you're finished, that was two days ago bitch
320kpbs leaked already
>>
>>62618683

The only reason he even made those comments in the first place was because he had a child custody hearing and his lawyers told him to say that as a PR move. He has to be regularly drug tested in order to get visitation rights to his son and he hates that.
>>
>>62618813
do you have a link?
>>
File: 1448654242086.webm (692 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1448654242086.webm
692 KB, 720x404
>>62618058
Holy shit dude I almost skipped this because I assumed it was dumb pasta

Space out your paragraphs for emphasis and such but that's really perceptive and really fucking true. Nobody is more racist than the kinds that insist they hate racism, are so sorry for racism, that they definitely really aren't racist, and that we need to treat blacks and other minorities like children, to coddle them and protect their feelings and that they can never be successful without help from the gracious, caring white people who totally aren't racist.

That's some gonzo shit m8, start a blog.
>>
>>62618881
>Animal Collective - Painting With
>https://mega.nz/#!w8oTQKbS!XBy6rxLgAgeIfbquu9GitvqHjCJro4gsu9tWxwTHsXc
Use archive next time, anon
>>
>pitchfork

that word should get you fucking banned from /mu/
>>
File: 1438557027156.png (214 KB, 406x390) Image search: [Google]
1438557027156.png
214 KB, 406x390
Painting With blows Centipede HZ out of the fucking water

You cant just say the band is lame because they're white and send it off without talking about the music

I'm beyond mad
>>
File: canoewest.jpg (67 KB, 500x703) Image search: [Google]
canoewest.jpg
67 KB, 500x703
>>62617222
yo guys, black culture is my favourite culture
>>
I regret praising TLOP now. If rap being accepted into hipster faggot music culture means we cant like actual bands anymore I will walk it all back
>>
>>62618955
i agree with this post
>>
>>62617776
#OscarsSoWhite is bullshit but #BlackLivesMatter has nothing to do with white guilt, it's about police brutality against black people. I'd be interested to see some data on how many victims of excessive police violence are actually black, though.
>>
>>62619124
Modern "black culture" is embarrassing.
>>
I don't like rap just because after you hear the thing the rapper thinks he's clever for saving to say on a record twice the music is "consumed" and loses its worth to listen to.

rap music is a consumable
>>
>>62617543
>anco
>rock
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 335x340) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 335x340
>>62617639
>tfw sorry not sorry
>>
File: mfw31.jpg (730 KB, 1024x919) Image search: [Google]
mfw31.jpg
730 KB, 1024x919
Don't care about Kanye, but Animal Collective has a major problem, and it's been talked about here before:

they don't have the discipline to properly finish their songs. So, we get half-cooked albums that are good, but never great. By rights they should be putting out DSOTM/Pet Sounds tier stuff, but they're just not hard-working or rigorous enough, so we get...well, what we get.
>>
>>62617656
I, too, am an old school marxism that doesn't know what marxism is
>>
>>62621608
MPP was their Pet Sounds, this is post Pet Sounds Beach Boys
>>
P4K BNM 2016

>Anderson .Paak - Malibu
>Kevin Gates - Islah
>Kanye West - The Life of Pablo
all black

>Porches - Pool
a bunch of white people, breaks the flow, right? WRONG. Look closer at the album cover, there is a white hand throwing a basketball

>David Bowie - Blackstar
lol

Pitchfork is full blown black in 2016
>>
>>62622617
9 of their top 20 albums for 2015 were by black artists.
>>
>>62617656
marx debunked social engineering YEARS AGO
>>
>>62620604
>anco
>not shit
>>
I'm a huge fan of Ye and AnCo

A 9 for TLOP is generous, I like a lot of the album but it lacks cohesion

The AnCo rating is a joke, this album was cohesive, didn't rely on reverb, cut its own identity and musically had a lot of clever polyrhythms and key changes. Not a 10 by any means but so much better than the majority of modern pop music

It sucks because in a few weeks this board will conform to p4k's BS review and ruin all discussion of PW
>>
>>62617604
In all seriousness, are any black people impressed by white guilt at all? It seems like a lose-lose situation, it's not like the black community will accept you into the ranks of their secret club once you declare you hate yourself.
>>
>>62617604
>everyone who's not a far left liberal belongs on /pol/
Seriously, kill yourself
>>
>>62623287

i don't understand the cohesion argument

first of all, it doesn't even feel all that incohesive and second, why does an album have to feel cohesive?
>>
>>62623551

>being scared of the far left
>not being on pol or reddit

better hurry up or an sjw might get you
>>
>>62623662
>being scared of the far left
Where did I imply that? I hate sjws but I'm not scared of them.
>>
>>62623686

get back to pol ya fuck, hating sjws is the kind of delusional thinking that gets you your own containment board
>>
>>62623853
>hating sjws is the kind of delusional thinking
>delusional
Please explain
>>
>>62623965

if you hate people on the internet complaining about racism and sexism, then yeah, you're kinda delusional

nobody really cares about your fight to be able to say offensive shit, so you get contained
>>
The amount of people that are just now realizing that p4k has been cucked by K West from the VERY BEGINNING is absolutely astonishing. Especially considering how obsessed this board is with p4k.
>>
>>62624135
>if you hate people on the internet complaining about racism and sexism, then yeah, you're kinda delusional
Thats such a horrible explanation of what sjws are and you know it. People who actively complain every single time they hear anything they find even remotley insensitive are cancer. Its not just about being able to say offensive things, its about being able to say anything you want and intellectual honestly. Sjws often use cultural Marxism and bad sociology as the foundation for most of their politics, and often spout misinformation. Its not bad to protest against something you believe is wrong
>>
>>62624135
racism and sexism aren't real
>>
>>62622813
Your opinion means shit if you don't even know what genre they are like for fuck's sake
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.