[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup moo, I recently into Big Black's Atomizer and Songs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Big_Black_-_Atomizer_600_600.jpg (179 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Big_Black_-_Atomizer_600_600.jpg
179 KB, 600x600
sup moo,

I recently into Big Black's Atomizer and Songs about Fucking.
Do you guys know where I can order the CD's?
I've been looking for a while but can't find an online shop that holds them.
I'm a eurofag btw.

Also similar artists. Where do i go next?
>>
Ebay?

One of the Import stores probably have some.
>>
>>61982659
Scratch Acid
Rapeman (Albini's band after BB)
Suicide (drum machine+shrieking)
Killdozer
Les Rallizes Denudes have some guitars as piercing
Brainiac is Big Black on synthy madness

Order the CDs online thru Discogs or directly from their label Touch and Go
>>
does Touch And Go only sell it on vinyl?

http://www.touchandgorecords.com/bands/album.php?id=137
>>
>>61982659
>Also similar artists. Where do i go next?
Jesus Lizard
Scratch Acid
Killdozer
Naked Raygun
Girls Against Boys
The Birthday Party
>>
>>61982659
discogs and ebay
>>
>>61982683
I haven't tried ebay yet. i'll have a look thanks

>>61982697
Thanks for the recs. Discogs is kinda expensive for eurofags.
Also touch and go don't have songs about fucking in print. Atomizer is a different label too.
>>
>>61982711
They don't have them in print on touch and go.
Also I don't have a record player so CD is the way to go.
>>
>>61982715
>i know some surface level noise rock that actually sounds nothing like Big Black
>>
Use discogs
Distorted Pony are similar, though their production is a lo-fi wall of sound kind of affair
>>
>>61982659
you can get songs about fucking on amazon and atomizer on ebay

>Songs about Fucking
http://www.amazon.com/Songs-About-Fucking-BIG-BLACK/dp/B0000019GE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453652417&sr=8-1&keywords=songs+about+fucking

>Atomizer [vinyl]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Black-Atomizer-LP-sealed-vinyl-download-RE-reissue-Shellac-/151933853120?hash=item235ff69dc0:g:QwoAAOSwFnFWAzrD
>>
>>61982683
like are you just after cds? one of my nearby music stores just got the vinyls in and it's not exactly a flourishing business so i can't imagine anywhere else wouldn't not have them

>>61982751
>>61982715
desu none of these really sound like big black despite being noise rock. the birthday party especially, what the fuck? i can't help either tho. unless yer just after noise rock, my fave is drunks with guns
>>
>>61982751
>similar artists
What really does sound like big black besides albinis other bands
>>
>>61982659
I'd say try and find some label comps to look for similar artists.

Blast First's Total War comp, Homestead Record's The Wailing Ultimate and whatever Touch And Go put out.

Also look up Teriyaki Asthma or Dope Guns And Fucking In The Streets, there's lots of bands similiar or in the same scebne as Big Black on theses, you can look up albums by the ones that tickle your fancy.

can probably give you some links if you want
>>
>>61982731
>Discogs is kinda expensive for eurofags
Not necessarily; I live in France and I often order from Discogs. You just need to check each seller's shipping prices, some are considerably more expensive than others.
>>
>>61982783
>>61982782
Really more aggressive industrial is closer to Big Black than most noise rock thanks to the drum machines

But Rapeman is really the best answer that everyone forgets about
>>
OP here. Thanks guys I found SAF pretty cheap on ebay froma uk seller. I still cant find the atomizer CD tho :\
>>
>>61982810
never really thought about the Big Black ? industrial connection, but it's spot on.

especially considering Wax Trax, based in Chicago, was like the center of the industrial scene at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxaPj19VnRA
>>
>>61982810
actually yeah, big black is like a more straight forward punk version of Filth now that i think about it
>>
>>61982856
>>61982659
This is the closest you're going to get

Big Black - The Rich Eight Man Tapes
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rich-Mans-Eight-Track-Tape/dp/B0000019IY/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453652963&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=the+rich+eight+man+tapes+big+bllack

this is atomizer without 'strange things' but includes the headache EP
>>
>>61982856
It's sold under "Rich Mans 8 Track Tape" because Albini was salty about CDs at the time.
>>
>>61982908
>>61982917
doesn't have 'Strange Things' but includes the Headache EP and the Heartbeat single
>>
>>61982917
>>61982908
>>61982929

yeha I just realized this. Thanks guys! I'll order than now.
>>
>>61982903
Not at all really

Filth is like noise metal with some slight no wave undercurrents

Big Black is pioneering industrial flavored noise rock with a totally different tone
>>
File: headacheb2.jpg (51 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
headacheb2.jpg
51 KB, 500x497
>>61982917
The liner notes on that CD are hysterical.

But, it omits the artwork for the Headache EP, see pic related
>>
>>61983011
i always felt a strong no-wave onset during atomizer, at least kerosene, but maybe that was just me. maybe it was also just me, but in my mind i can picture a different band releasing atomizer and then filth, instead of songs about fucking.
>>
steve albini thinks wax trax is bullshit, although he did play guitar on a ministry track
>>
>>61983035
that pic makes me cringe in pain every time i see it, love it
>>
>>61983145
If I'm not mistaken Steve was a fan of the no wave movement, so that's probably why
On an unrelated note, i once read somewhere that steve played Cop by Swans in it's entirety on a local radio station once and got in trouble for it hahaha
>>
>>61982731
>Discogs is kinda expensive for eurofags.

Buy issues from your country mate
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.