[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people with glasses like music more?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8
You know the cliche that blindness increases the potency of the other four senses?

I wonder if people with nearsightedness and other eye problems like music more because at some point in their early development they became more sensitive to sound dynamics.

I made a poll here. Will compare to near/farsightedness statistics to see if glassesfolk are more likely to be on /mu/ than others.

http://strawpoll.me/6591771
>>
File: homepage_large.f483135d[1].jpg (59 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.f483135d[1].jpg
59 KB, 319x319
Also post your current go-to album if you have fucked up eyes

maybe we all like sad music because no gf in high school
>>
File: 4L_P2cBPB0W.jpg (17 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
4L_P2cBPB0W.jpg
17 KB, 220x220
>>61885080
Listening to this a lot lately
>>
I'll go one further to prove this. I have needed glasses since about sixth grade. Currently without glasses I can't see the E on the vision charts properly. I've also been playing music for about ten years. I picked up a second hobby, cooking, about two years ago. I currently work as a line cook. My sense of smell is really good, especially considering I have a deviated septum.

This is my go to album
>>
It is a myth that your senses become more potent to compensate, you simply rely on them more, we are often not aware just how effective our senses are as we focus on out primary one sight.

Young people with glasses tend to be more introverted, nerdy due to social exclusion. They obsess over things like music rather than listening to whatever is on the radio, leading to the appearance of better, broader taste in music.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 700x714
>>61885189
>They obsess over things like music rather than listening to whatever is on the radio
You do realize people can like music and enjoy some radio songs? (Which is exactly the same thing)
>>
>>61885210
Of course I realise that. Nothing against radio songs, just that a lot of people only know and listen to them because they don't try and develop music as a hobby.
>>
>>61885185

My eyes are even more messed up than yours. I have nearsightedness to the point where I can't count someone's fingers ten feet away from me, and it's been that way since I was a child.

I have been obsessed with music and musical instruments since I was very young, and was also a very picky eater growing up. Foods that other kids "hadn't developed the palate for" frequently made me vomit. Today I am in still incredibly sensitive to taste (and audio), but in a more positive way.

>>61885189

Also a good explanation.
>>
>>61885210
>implying the realization implications realizes implicated realized
>>
File: drake_nick-_pinkmoon1_101b.jpg (42 KB, 351x348) Image search: [Google]
drake_nick-_pinkmoon1_101b.jpg
42 KB, 351x348
>>61885095
Songs of Leonard Cohen and Pink Moon are my two fav atm
>>
File: a0518590423_10.jpg (401 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
a0518590423_10.jpg
401 KB, 720x720
>>61885095
been listening to this

I don't know OP I just have fucked up vision is all, colorblind and astigmatism.

>>61885189
I have to agree with this, although i was more obsessed with video games as a child and didn't really get obsessed with music till late in highschool.
>>
>>61886759
real eyes realize real lies
>>
Kids who are forced to wear glasses have lower self confidence so they try to
a) find shelter in individual activities (vidya, music, literature) not implying contact with their peeps
b) placing themselves in a situation where, despite wearing glasses, they're "higher" than other kids. They start listening dadrock lewronggeneration or edgy shiet like metal or punk
>>
File: A Love Supreme.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
A Love Supreme.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
>>61885095
>liking sad music
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.