[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he a patrician? >http://nirvana.wikia.com/wiki/Kurt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2NDI5MTI1MTMx.jpg (174 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2NDI5MTI1MTMx.jpg
174 KB, 1200x1200
Was he a patrician?

>http://nirvana.wikia.com/wiki/Kurt_Cobain's_Top_50_Albums
>>
>Philosophy of the World
D R O P P E D
>>
>>61846379
>Wipers
>Gang of Four
>Pixies
Of course he's a patrician
>>
>>61846403
he liked and knew about it before it was a meme,

think about that.
>>
>>61846851
It was the first music meme
>>
Kurt was a top lad and his image was ruined by retarded teenagers worshipping him
>>
>no Meat Puppets II
>no King Crimson - Red
>no Melvins at all

is this even legit?
>>
>>61846379
Hell be fine
>>
>>61846902
He knew those bands though...
All the other bands I know outside of my own are not going to be on my list, even if I enjoy their music.
>>
>>61846403
ehl oh ehl the ironic memester xD sooo quirky
>>
>>61846379
this was pretty great taste for a pre-internet person
it's not like now when you have everything at your fingertips anywhere
>>
>>61846991
>Kurt new King Crimson

Sauce?
>>
>>61846991
He knew Beat Happening and Sonic Youth personally and probably some others
>>
>>61848634
This
>>
Hah, Young God EP is on there
>>
>>61846379
literally RYM: the list

>>61848634
this
>>
>>61848634
>it's not like now when you have everything at your fingertips anywhere
This is why I have 0 respect for you millennial faggots
>>
semi-related, how does /mu/ feel about REM? never seen them discussed.
>>
File: Lickmyass.png (29 KB, 1131x1600) Image search: [Google]
Lickmyass.png
29 KB, 1131x1600
>>61846869

not technically, pic related translates to file name
>>
Other bands Kurt Used to Dig

Os Mutantes
White Flag
Redd Kross
The Cars
Earth
Mark Lanegan
Soundgarden
>>
>>61846902
He made a shit-ton of "my favorite albums" lists, some of them featured albums that are missing from this list

>>61848645
He's cited Red as a favorite and influence
>>
>>61848744
REM fanboys are out here. they're low-key, but they're out here.
>>
>>61848742
Hey man, I didn't make the internet, I just use it
>>
>>61848844
>He made a shit-ton of "my favorite albums" lists, some of them featured albums that are missing from this list
post them
>>
>>61848825
Did he actually like Earth, or more importantly Earth 2? I know he sang on the first release and the demo before that.
>>
>>61846379
imagine knowing all this shit back in the day before the internet was a thing

patrician as fuck
>>
He liked Blur
>>
File: The-Blue-Album.jpg (345 KB, 1020x1024) Image search: [Google]
The-Blue-Album.jpg
345 KB, 1020x1024
serious question: do you think kurt would've liked pic related?
>>
>>61848919
why? it's not that different

and he's hardly a patrician if he thinks Raw Power is better than Fun House or even the s/t
>>
>>61848919
yeah, you actually had to leave your house once in a while to accumulate such a list and overall tastes.

the fucking horror.
>>
>>61848929
well he loved Surfer Rosa, but that album is better in literally every way so I don't know
>>
>>61848929
I've wondered the same thing
I think he wouldve at least like it abit, but maybe not its small metal references and stuff but he wouldve loved Pinkerton i feel like
>>
>>61848880
With comes great power comes great responsibility
>>
>>61848929
he would've probably dug their image and maybe liked Pinkerton more.

it's hard to say when he considered stuff like his contemporary competition like Soundgarden to be "commercial sellouts". can't tell if things he said was sarcastic or not.
>>
>>61848912

I think so, at least the early Earth records that were very Melvins like
>>
>>61848983
>drum sound
>lyrics
>guitar playing
>sexy female vocals
>>
>>61849061
>it's hard to say when he considered stuff like his contemporary competition like Soundgarden to be "commercial sellouts".
[citation needed]
>>
>>61849006
hyper beta lyrics obsessed with possessing women and embarrassing relationship drool

definitely not
>>
>>61846379
>no melvins
>no earth

wheres the love
>>
not rly related but just found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv8eTLehvvI
>>
>>61849061
I thought he said he liked Soundgarden. He didn't like Pearl Jam or AIC
>>
>>61849096
oops, meant Pearl Jam. Specifically "Ten".
>>
>>61849115
All of a sudden I'm really glad me and my friends never bothered making a band
>>
>>61849096
>>61849183
Cake: What are your feelings on whole Pearl Jam, Soundgarden thing. I hate to put Soundgarden in that class because when their first EP came out I thought they were like Robert Plant fronting the Butthole Surfers, I thought they were amazing.

Kurt: They used to be great, they were even better in like ‘85 when Chris Cornell had a Flock of Seagulls haircut! They were just like the Butthole Surfers, they were amazing.

Cake: Now they’re totally into this metal thing, they’re touring with Guns and Roses... That’s the tour you guys turned down?

Kurt: Right, we turned down Guns and Roses. That would be a big waste of time. I can’t comment on Soundgarden because I know them personally and I really like them a lot, but I have strong feelings towards Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains and bands like that. They’re obviously just corporate puppets that are just trying to jump on the alternative bandwagon - and we are being lumped into that category. Those bands have been in the hairspray / cockrock scene for years and all of a sudden they stop washing their hair and start wearing flannel shirts. It doesn’t make any sense to me. There are bands moving from L.A. and all over to Seattle and then claim they’ve lived there all their life so they can get record deals. It really offends me.

http://www.nirvanaclub.com/info/articles/05.00.92-flipside.html
>>
i don't really care for kurt or nirvana but i feel bad he didn't get to hear the 97' mix of raw power because that's the only real way to hear it
>>
>>61848742
I just realized that I probably escape the milennial label because I used to steal CDs and records from my older brother, and relish those weekend trips to the used CD store.

>tfw I pissed my bro's bitchy gf off by buying an Alice in Chains CD
>tfw she bought me a Frank Zappa poster one time

I miss that girl.
>>
>>61848742
My first gf was the one who really got me into music.
>>
>>61848912
He was Dylan's best friend.
>>
>>61849218
Quite true, Pearl Jam was Mother Love Bone a very glam rock band.
And Alice in Chains used to be a hair metal band.
>>
>Vaselines
>Beat Happening
>Marine Girls
Nice
>>
Considering that he don't have /mu/, pitchfork and RYM to be "le hipster".

Yes.
>>
>>61849218
Well he isn't wrong about Alice In Chains, who was formerly a hair metal band "Alice N Chainz"

I didn't know Pearl Jam were a hair band tho
>>
>>61849374
His nose looks like a perfect arrow
>>
>Bob Dylan reportedly went to one of Nirvana's concert, and picked the song "Polly" as his favorite

>on being asked what he thought of Kurt, he said "the kid has heart".

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61849374
I know, that doesn't automatically mean he liked all the music he made
>>
>>61849183
He loved the Screaming Life EP, it's how he wanted Bleach to sound production-wise.
>>
>>61849507
>"Alice N Chainz"
holy shit is this for real
>>
I just remembered this was from when Courtney decided to sell his private journals. She probably edited out the Melvins albums since she hates Buzz Osborne so much (he thinks she killed Kurt)
>>
this is the original page boys
>>
He has the exact taste of a 90's alternative musician growing up in the Pacific Northwest. Wow, my mind must be completely fucking blown.
>>
>>61850570

yes
>>
>>61848983
What a faggot
>>
>>61850624
does he actually? that's pretty fucking funny
>>
>>61846379
butthole surfers are WAY too low on that list
>>
>>61851200
I don't think its in any real order tbq
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.