[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unpopular opinion thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_n801qpC3jx1qknma4o4_1280.png (243 KB, 842x466) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n801qpC3jx1qknma4o4_1280.png
243 KB, 842x466
Post about what irks you and others will shit on you for it.

Lets go.

I'll start
>Aphex Twin writes great melodies/harmonies but the drums are always way too loud and drown them out
>>
>>61814781
Richards albums always have crappy production 2bh
>>
>>61814781
I think it's the opposite, he always has the best drum programming in the game but is spotty at writing "songs"/full-fleshed pieces of music

>>61814822
Only the ones before 1996, and that is cuz he was not rich and came from a DIY kind of scene. RDJ album all the way through Syro are clean and impeccable sounding
>>
Violent Femmes is a pretty lame album, Hallowed Ground is much better
>>
Aphex Twin is boring
>>
Serve the Servants is the only good Nirvana song
>>
Black Star is better and more "soulful" than almost anything else Bowie ever put out.
>>
VU & Nico is boring
>>
>>61814954
>>61815016
Retarded opinions that make no sense

>>61815010
In a certain way I agree; it's one of his best albums that didn't involve playing a character, it might be one of his most authentic. Not better than almost anything else though, at least 5 of his 70s albums are better
>>
>>61814781
>unpopular opinions thread
>opens with a somewhat common complaint
EVERY FUCKING TIME
>>
Death grips sucks ass, it's just a horse shitting into my ears for an hour. No melody, no coherence at all.
>>
>>61815055
sorry man...i was unaware that this entire board didnt like to jack off aphex twin whenever given the chance
>>
>>61814822
>2bh
Stop bypassing the filters.
>>
>>61814975
At least you chose a great one.
>>61815016
Probably because you're used to the sounds and styles that were so new when this was released. That's the only thing I can think of because certain parts on TVU&N are pure beauty and I don't see how someone could deem it "boring".
>>
Daffy Duck is my favourite song on Feels.
>>
>>61815088
not going to stop familia but I peeped those repeating integers
>>
File: 3a.png (7 KB, 342x107) Image search: [Google]
3a.png
7 KB, 342x107
>>61815157
Stop.
>>
>>61815082
it's ok. It's just that AT is one of those that when someone hates his music doesn't bother to post. Unlike all those artists that have hordes of hateboys sperging out
>>
>>61815175
Ahh I see the distinction. and its not that I hate his music, I just feel that some of it could be MUCH better.
>>
File: ufirst.png (4 KB, 342x57) Image search: [Google]
ufirst.png
4 KB, 342x57
>>61815163
No you
>>
>>61815056
desu
>>
>>61815163
Wel you are a troll which is literally the first thing on the list so pls leave
>>
>>61815249
I'm not a troll.
>>
Pharmakon is some of the most tryhard music I've heard.

>>61815056
That's the normal opinion these days. Good to see DG love dying.
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 640x640
How does one even become famous as a techno artist? I feel like there is no demand for the genre? Will it come back?
>>
>>61815305
There's a shitload of demand, it doesn't look that way if you hang out in here, reddit, or rym.
>>
>>61815357
Even in the USA? Is it more of a euro thing. My area is so dominated by house
>>
White Light/White Heat isn't very experimental. It's good, but basically just a Kinks album with more distortion and quirky lyrics. Sister Ray is great, but mostly noteworthy for its length.

VUN is better by essentially every metric.
>>
>>61815138

NIGGA WHAT
>>
>>61815305
The market share of all "dance" music in the US is like 3%. "Dance" is Europe is way bigger. There are still a lot of underground techno/house labels in the US though.
>>
David Bowie sucks at making soul music
>>
>>61815675
This is like an accepted fact more than anything.
>>
>>61816023
idk man I've been seeing so many people on here saying Young Americans is one of his best albums.
I'm a Bowie fag, but that album is so half assed
>>
Fear of Music > Remain in Light
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.