[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /mu/ in 1978
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: Year1978.png (92 KB, 535x210) Image search: [Google]
Year1978.png
92 KB, 535x210
ITT: /mu/ in 1978
>>
Before we start this, a couple of rules:

1. Don't try too hard. Be believable. It's cringe when you try.

2. Stay in the time period.

Thanks.
>>
Boy I can't wait to shitpost on the internet in 20 years
>>
What's up with that new band Foreigner? Don't people know that Disco is king?
>>
>>61472645
but you won't be alive yet
>>
That new Pink Floyd album is going to be a total pleb filter.

>Which side?
You decide.
>>
mark my words, Van Halen will be the Led Zeppelin of the 80s, their first album rocks
>>
Like, wow, man. I'm so worried about The Grateful Dead. I think they're on the verge of breaking up. They're trying so hard to be part of the mainstream by playing disco. I remember back when I used to go to The Avalon Ballroom, and they would do Dancing in The Street, and how beautiful it was. And now they ruined it by playing a disco version of it. And now this new album, Shakedown Street has even more disco on it. Seriously, I think they should've broken up after Pig Pen died, if this is the direction they've decided to go.
>>
>>61472626
>1. Don't try too hard. Be believable. It's cringe when you try.

>Don't try too hard
>It's cringe when you try

These threads are always try-hard /b/ cringe.
>>
I think it's all over for the Ramones. Why? Well first off, I don't think they'll ever be able to top Rocket to Russia, plus Tommy Ramone has quit the band. Can they put out a better album than Rocket to Russia? Could they ever find a drummer that could ever replace Tommy Ramone? I say no to both. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if they broke up by next year.
>>
OH GOD, DISCO FUCKING SUCKS. SOMEBODY PLEASE RIP BARRY GIBB'S VOCAL CORDS OUT AND THROW THEM INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE NEAREST FOUR-WAY INTERSECTION.
>>
man did any of you guys hear marquee moon by television? what a disappointing followup it got
>>
thank god for no more sex pistols
rotten is a fucking hack
>>
Would I take Debbie Harry for a spin? In a New York Minute!
>>
>>61472748
>1976+2
>Listening to or caring about anything post-American Beauty

Stay pleb
>>
File: cover.png (370 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
370 KB, 600x600
Guys, this is the pinnacle of all previous and future music. This album will never be surpassed.

>Best song
Marquee Moon

>Worst song
LOL

>Underrated
Venus
>>
"Rumors of our demise were greatly exaggerated."
>>
I know you might have to pay a little extra money for it, because it's a Japanese import, and it won't likely be pressed for the U.S. market, but if you ever see a copy of Cheap Trick at Budokon, by all means buy it! I have the strange feeling that this album is going to be one of the best selling imports in the U.S. market.
>>
>The Beatles will reunite in your lifetime
Feels good
>>
>1978
>still listening to human drummers
>>
Saw Aerosmith in Greensboro last week. Fuck, I want my money back. They were so high that they couldn't even play at all.
>>
>>61472877
>thinking The Grateful Dead begins and ends with American Beauty

Who's the pleb?
>>
So who do you guys hate more? Bee Gees or Kiss?
>>
Anybody hear the new Who album, "Who Are You"? I don't like the slick production quality. It sounds too sterile, but, boy, oh, boy, I can't wait to see them tour this album, and hear those songs live, in concert. You just know Keith Moon is gonna tear up the stage!
>>
I don't care if Brian Eno produced their album, and David Bowie discovered them, this DEVO band is a joke, and nobody's going to remember them for anything important. They're a gimmick, and gimmick bands are on their way out.
>>
>>61473041
>>61472900
I'm glad the old boys still have it and can show those punk babbies how to get it done.
>>
I hate my generation, Fucking Abba and Donna Summers. The 60's, 50's, and 40's, were the best. The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Duke Ellington, Fats Domino, Hank Willams. These were THE REAL artists. Can't wait till the late 80's when time travel will finally be invented.
>>
>>61473071
I agree. I'm pretty burned out on Kiss, aren't you? 'Specially because my stupid 10 year old nephew forced me to listen to the entire Rock And Roll Over the last time I was over at his house.
>>
I think it's over for Black Sabbath, people. Their last two albums sounded slick, and sterile with no heart or feeling, plus I just learned that Ozzy left the group. Who could ever replace Ozzy? I don't think anybody can. Black Sabbath has run out of steam. Perhaps people are right. Rock and roll IS dead!
>>
Carter is a strictly meh president, but he'll get reelected 'cos who do the Republicans have to run? Gerald Ford again? That silly old Hollywood actor?
>>
File: 1419563766435.jpg (22 KB, 451x679) Image search: [Google]
1419563766435.jpg
22 KB, 451x679
>>61473123
>people say Prog is dead
>Rush just released one of the greatest progressive rock albums of all time
>>
SOTY COMING THROUGH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAQ66BKG27A
>>
>>61473155
>Rock and roll IS dead!

I know. It's lame. Disco will probably be flooding the radio and tormenting our brains for many years to come.
>>
You guys get a load of Van Halen? New band or something. Eh, they're alright.
>>
>>61473123
Yeah, the whole costume and stage theatrics is old hat, but at least they're still playing rock and roll. As tired as you might be of them, rest assured they'll never try to fit into the main stream by playing DISCO!
>>
>>61473155
>1978
He got canned in the summer of 79. Do your research before posting.
>>
>>61473211
>As tired as you might be of them, rest assured they'll never try to fit into the main stream by playing DISCO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uetJoJj0M88

Yeah well, you thought the Stones wouldn't stoop to that level either, but...
>>
File: outlandos.jpg (27 KB, 300x270) Image search: [Google]
outlandos.jpg
27 KB, 300x270
AOTY
>Plebs will probably never ruin this band because they're too edgy to get played on the radio
Feels good man
>>
>>61473260
better than their attempt at reggae on 'black and blue'
>>
>>61473177
I'm not a huge fan of "Progressive Rock" but I'll give Rush a pass since they are mainly guitar oriented. Hemispheres is a great record for that kind of music. Alex Lifeson rocks. I like Rush because they go out of their way to avoid keyboards and synthesizers. If they ever started using those, I'd stop listening to them, and would never buy another Rush album ever again.
>>
There's a 14 year old kid in Denmark who needs to be barred from entering the US before it's too late. Come on, US Immigration Service. Do it for the sake of the human race.
>>
>>61473281
That's what they said about Blondie.
>>
>>61473177
>love beach
prog is dead, m8
>>
First time on /mu/.
Didnt think you were all a bunch of roleplayers little shits.
Quite dissapointed.
>>
>>61473295
>avoids synths
>hemispheres, 2112, a farewell to kings
did you even listen to their last few albums????
>>
File: heroes.jpg (61 KB, 710x710) Image search: [Google]
heroes.jpg
61 KB, 710x710
Will he ever top this?
>>
File: q&a.jpg (43 KB, 398x400) Image search: [Google]
q&a.jpg
43 KB, 398x400
>>61472894
I don't dude, I kind of preferred this one. Ohio must be a pretty cool place after all.
>>
>>61473464
many time /mu/ user
didn't think all you newfags were a bunch of retarded faggots
not very disappointed
>>
>>61473311
Lol, that's harsh. Just take all his money so that he has to play in a garage band.
>>
File: Bjork,1977,Front.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Bjork,1977,Front.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
i only listen to '50s tape music, Hawaiian nose flute, and 12 year old girls from Iceland

bet you won't see Rolling Stone talk about this one. LOL
>>
That new Judas Priest album was gear. They're fast becoming one of the bloody best bands I've heard. Unless they do something stupid like water down their music to sell records to Amerifats.
>>
>>61473482
The synths on Xanadu and on 2112 are used tastefully and actually compliment the songs. They don't dominate the whole song or albums. There's synth on Hemispheres as well, but, again, it's used tastefully.
>>
>>61473639
>and 12 year old girls from Iceland

Reminds me - since this is the 70s, I can go down to Times Square and score some legal Cabbage Pie.
>>
>>61473311
hey, Metallica's first albums were gr8 m8 stop the h8
>>
>>61473504
Not really, no.
>>
>>61473758
Who's "Metallica"? Are they a new punk rock band I never heard of? Do they sound anything like The Ramones or Sex Pistols? I like The Ramones and Sex Pistols.
>>
This punk rock fad is a flash in the pan, and it's coming to a crashing end! First The Ramones' drummer quits, that one guy from The Dead Boys gets stabbed in the face, (I can't believe that a high calibre entertainer like John Belushi would actually sit in with them and play drums for them. Seriously, I'm worried about old Johnny Boy) and now that scum bag Sid Vicious killed his girlfriend. I hope they take him and all the other punk rock scum bags, lock 'em all away at Riker's Island, and throw away the key. Let's make America, and the world for that matter, safe from punk rock vermin!
>>
File: ymo78.jpg (49 KB, 445x450) Image search: [Google]
ymo78.jpg
49 KB, 445x450
these japs are on to something!
>>
>>61475035
My dad won't let me listen to, read, or watch anything Japanese because of his time in the Pacific Theatre. 30+ years on and he still calls them "the enemy".
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.