[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you feel yourself enjoying music less as you get older?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 633x758
Do you feel yourself enjoying music less as you get older?
>>
just get off /mu/
>>
stupid feels poster
>>
>>61434906
No. The older I get the more I realize it's importance to me.
>>
>>61434906
replace music with life
>>
hell fucking no
>>
>>61435018
beat me to it
>>
>>61434906
you never actually liked music anon
>>
>>61434906
No I feel like I'm able to apreciate music from different perspectives as I grow older, effectively enhancing my enjoyment. Although I will admit that raw emotional connection I had with music as a young teen is gone, I still connect deeply with music on an emotional level but it isn't a visceral connection that feels like an extension of your being anymore. Nowadays music feels more like a good friend rather than a part of myself, it's something I can relate to and take comfort in but not something that I can define myself by.
>>
>>61434906
No.
>>
>>61434906
You ain't listening to the right music
>>
I'll be fine
>>
>>61434906
Definitely, those saying no haven't actually aged a lot.
What do you think your parents weren't music lovers? Are you the only ''connoisseur'' in the family? Why do they listen so little music nowadays?
You can argue that music never ends but it sure gets repetitive after you've listened a lot to it. Especially if it's one or two genres.
>>
I actually find myself enjoying music even more as I've gotten more mature and moved past listening to music for "feels" or image, and more about the music itself. I'd recommend taking a music theory course if you start to lose interest in music.

>>61435198
>What do you think your parents weren't music lovers? Are you the only ''connoisseur'' in the family?
This has a lot to do with it, luckily my parents and one of my siblings are still just as into music as I am
>>
>>61435167

i think hell be fine
>>
>>61435198
My parents listen to music daily what are you on about?
>>
>>61435249

are your parents 20?
>>
>>61435249
Exactly to be honest, a lot of our parent barely listen to any new music, cause they didn't have as big of an interest to begin with. They just remember the music of their time fondly cause of the memories that are atatched to the song. >>61435198
And yeah for sure your average parent doesn't explore enough to find music repetetive
>>
>>61435276
>>61435198
not everyone parents are indifferent to music. my parents are in there 50's and still listen to music all the time. My dad discovers and listens to new stuff on his own still
>>
File: 1449746491942.jpg (98 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1449746491942.jpg
98 KB, 1080x720
>>61434906
>tfw all you do is listen to music all day
>explore a fuckload of labels across many different genres and styles
>developed a pretty diverse taste which could lead to a lot of potential influences in my own future work
>still can't even practice guitar for more than 10 minutes without getting bored
Am I just a whiny bitch who needs to justify his laziness or what the fuck is even happening
>>
>>61435369
try a new instrument, guitar probably just isn't for you
>>
>>61435368

at least your parents aren't complete retards like mine
>>
>>61435369
You just not be progressing if practicing is boring.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.