[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tagging your library
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
what is the easiest way to tag your library of mp3?

I have 380 albums that most of them have wrong or weird genre tagging and want to change it.
Is the only way to go through them one by one?
>>
>>61432526
>what is musicbrainz
>what is discogs
>what are plugins and programs using their databases
>why is you're mom so fat
>>
>>61432549
to be fair, discos genre tagging is a bit goofy.

but yeah musicbrains is good, i like mp3tag aswell. Paired with discogs for yeah database you can't go far wrong.
>>
>>61432549
i know nothing about that, thanx.
the further i have been is changing tags on itunes and now changing tags manually on musicbee.
it has a pretty good auto tag though.

what do separate taging apps more than musicbee auto tag?
>>
Musicbee has an auto-tag function which is amazing. It searches the album title and artist and does each song. Surprised you don't know that due to your pic.
>>
>>61432611
this is op

>>61432618
yes it is pretty good! I use this. But still the genres can be strange.
But to be fair I am not looking objective genres, I want to put them the way I want which is more general than going into details and obscure genres.
>>
>>61432646
>>61432618
i like how it shows you the times of songs and names so you can even put them easily in the right order if your download is mixed up!
>>
OP, don't forget to use musicbee to sort your music as well. For album based popular music it's easy.

<artist> /<year> - <album>/ <disc- track#> <track name>

As long as they're tagged, which you can do in with the autotagger, it will move and rename these files under your criteria. This makes a neat library for you.
>>
File: JUST-fuck-my-inchesup.jpg (326 KB, 1469x1102) Image search: [Google]
JUST-fuck-my-inchesup.jpg
326 KB, 1469x1102
>>61432727
i think i figured out how to make the sorting to work. Although the sorting can be difficult to figure out properly.

Sometimes I don't know why i double click on an album and only 1-3 songs of the album are loaded on the play now list.
If I double click a song inside the album though the whole album loads..

maybe I should take a screenshot of my layout..
here
look at these genres, numbers and crap. I am on a 13 inch netbook at the moment too..
it is the JUST phase of my life.
>>
>>61432821
You're going to have to properly tag all this to make a proper library. This isn't like foobars folder based library, it relies on correct tags like iTunes.

It might make it easier to go through if you remove the genre column and replace it with an artist column. Shrink up the right column as your screen space is at a premium.
>>
>>61432946
I tried the artist column but never really used it.
Genres are easier for me coming from iTunes as you said.
I will find ssometime to fix those empty tags and things like 'alternative metal'.
thnx doge anyways
>>
>>61432526
>downloading badly tagged torrents
>>
>>61432965
most of them are from MEGA and Soulseek.
>>
why bother with tags worst meme to be honest
>>
>>61432987
because i use them when i listen stuff. I am not doing it for autism reasons.
>>
>>61432977
Idiot
>>
File: 1320853163082.jpg (32 KB, 482x600) Image search: [Google]
1320853163082.jpg
32 KB, 482x600
>>61433207
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.