[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Favorite album of 2015 >What the fuck have you done with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12
File: Swans - To Be Kind.jpg (112 KB, 610x600) Image search: [Google]
Swans - To Be Kind.jpg
112 KB, 610x600
>Favorite album of 2015
>What the fuck have you done with your life this year?
>>
Depression Cherry
Fixed my GPA, lost the weight
>>
>Garden Of Delete

>decided to re-apply to uni (dropped out last year)
>studying music and philosophy
>have a solid group of mates
>lost my virginity

not a bad year
>>
File: C&L.jpg (539 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
C&L.jpg
539 KB, 1200x1200
Sufjan Stevens

Absolutely nothing. Depression got worse, as well as other stuff in my life. Hopefully 2016 will be better but I doubt it.
>>
Xe by Zs
I made more friends and met more people. Other than that, I don't care.
>>
Varsity (self titled)
I own a house.
>>
File: Until All The Ghosts Are Gone.jpg (174 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Until All The Ghosts Are Gone.jpg
174 KB, 700x700
Pic related

Did basically nothing this year desu
>>
SKM - Universal Themes
Ive gone from an openly suicidal college student to a secretly suicidal college student in the back of my mind.
>>
File: homepage_large.eb62616b.jpg (88 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.eb62616b.jpg
88 KB, 319x319
don't really understand why mac gets so much hate..

this is my album of the year, tame impala is second..
>>
File: a3044295274_10.jpg (905 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a3044295274_10.jpg
905 KB, 1200x1200
>>
>>61397190
>Kazuma Kubota- Utsuroi
>Got a quantum computing internship, released an album, started a program to read a book a day (successful so far), took several courses online to improve myself, lost weight
>>
File: Viet-Cong-Viet-Cong1.jpg (68 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
Viet-Cong-Viet-Cong1.jpg
68 KB, 608x608
lost my job, travelled for a while, made some music

depressed as shit now that I'm not doing anything
>>
>Garden of Delete

>Lost my lesbian virginity (but still technical virgin)
>Got full time job
>Lost 80 lbs
>Met a circle of friends
but on the other hand
>Watched my friend drown to death

Mixed bag of a year
>>
Domino Effect by DJ Soko
I started getting into making music
>>
>>61397275
>a book a day
wtf, how?
>>
> To Pimp A Butterfly

> Got played by a girl for most of the year
>>
>>61397221
Are you me?
>>
>>61397271
Dude fuck the haters, probably my favorite album of this year as well. Fucking awesome album.
>>
>>61397190
TPAB-Kendrick Lamar
>>
>>61397388
"I pity the fool who made the pretty in you prosper" was dis you?
>>
>>61397271
I like Mac but this album is the same song 7 times in a row

And Currents has terrible lyrics as much as I loved Lonerism
>>
>The Ark Work
>Started a tape label, released two LP's and two EP's which I wrote and recorded myself, went to more shows than I ever have in a year before, wrote a short screenplay and a feature-length screenplay, bulked up a bit and feel like I got healthier in general, met the love of my life

p good year mayne
>>
>>61397271
This was pretty good. My favorite Mac album so far
>>61397400
yes. Good luck to you in the future.
>>61397462
Sounds like a good year. Got a link to your music?
>>
File: HAGALAZ AUTOMAT.jpg (155 KB, 1000x589) Image search: [Google]
HAGALAZ AUTOMAT.jpg
155 KB, 1000x589
Panphage/Jarnvidr split or Leviathan - Scar Sighted, would probably be Autumn Eternal but I'm waiting for the vinyl to really listen to it

I've accomplished nothing this year, I'm still the same miserable piece of shit but I guess things are getting a slight bit better.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (33 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
33 KB, 480x480
>Finally decided on what to make an album about
Writing good lyrics is hard as shit man.
>>
File: selfreleased-deanblunt.jpg (81 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
selfreleased-deanblunt.jpg
81 KB, 472x472
got uglier
>>
>>61397190
>Favorite album of 2015
Seijaku - After Seijaku
Made money, made efforts to make more money in 2016, helped my mother finance a car, listened to a shit ton of trash music, saw some fantastic live shows.
>>
>>61397190
>TPAB
>Continued my unbroken Dean's List streak as a Comp Sci major, started working out, got a much higher paying job, broke up w my ex of 2 years (relationship went way sour), met a cute girl and literal model on Tinder, asked her out successfully like 2 weeks later, been great since then. Saw Death Grips, AG Cook, Sicko Mobb, Natalie Prass, some other favorites. Met Shamir. Good year
>>
>>61397441
what?
>>
>>61397441
This Dick aint free
>>
>>61397456
dude you just friggen nailed it.

Huge Mac fan, love his guitar playing immensely (Salad Days was AOTY 2014 for me) and I was really digging his transition to synth/piano work, but Another One was super boring. Every single song sounded like a demo that didn't need to be released.

As for Tame Impala, Lonerism was my AOTY 2012 by a landslide. But the vocal melodies & the lyrics on Currents were embarrassing-tier. The lyrics I can forgive, but to me it sounded like he wrote the songs, and just kept piling vocals over them without any real filter for what was vital and what was just fluff. I honestly wished he would just shut up and let the instrumentals speak for him at times...

both albums were 4-5/10 for me.
>>
>>61397492
https://postlifeindustries.bandcamp.com/
>punk, noise etc.

I misspoke about the EP's actually, one is spoken word of some poetry I wrote and I thought I released two black metal tracks instead of one. I also have like 4 more releases set to private because I'm still working on them. Thanks for your interest, familia.
>>
>>61397350
I'm a pretty fast reader and had quite a bit of spare time in the evenings
I also really don't subvocalize all that much so that usually helps
>>
>>61397350
Not all Americans are fat and ignorant.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 900x900
Got my first job. Hopefully it goes well, but I'd like to have better opportunities for my career.
>>
>Favorite album of 2015
Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper. In before you make fun of me. I didn't try to listen to everything that came out this year. Is that okay? Or do I have to live my life the same way you do?
I got back into reading, did a whole lot of visual and melodic art, started making friends (there's one friend who I feel really close to out of a bunch of others who are pretending to like me for some reason) and got into yoga and meditation.
>>
Probably Sufjan Stevens- Carrie and Lowell

>Did pretty good my first semester in Uni
>Had the first love of my life, also lost her
>Got out of my comfort zone
>Met a bunch of new people
>Pr'd in the 5k (17:47)
7/10 year, hoping this one will be better
>>
>>61397319
Fuck... im sorry. Good album choice
>>
Definitely Is The Is Are by Diiv.

Get /fit/, get strong, and get very very drunk because no matter how much I'll change my appearance, she'll never come back, and I'll always be a sad alcoholic.
>>
File: top 10 2015.jpg (493 KB, 1064x456) Image search: [Google]
top 10 2015.jpg
493 KB, 1064x456
>learned a shit ton about music production
>recovered the mountain bike I have since I was 11 but that had disappeared
>both listened to and produced lot of good music
>started my works on getting with the local hip hop scene
>got a new pup on our house after the weird death of our old dog
>adopted another dog from the streets
>started working on my big ass instrumental hip hop beat tape

2015 was way better than 2014 to me.
>>
>>61398231
Are you not counting Is This Is Are for 2016? and congratulations on getting fit.
>>
>Don't even know, probably TPAB
> Came out and it was the easiest shit, read more than ever, went from fat to muscle fat and tightened every bond that mattered
Still about 1 1/2 months ago I broke out crying in desperation like I hadn't done since depression. Woke up the next morning feeling dumb
>>
>>61397271

his image is cringy and his fanbase is annoying as fuck. he makes alright music though
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.