[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best post-hardcore band of all time and why is it Unwound?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 320x157) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 320x157
What is the best post-hardcore band of all time and why is it Unwound?
>>
>>
They have the most perfect discography ever.
>>
where do i start with them?
>>
>>61387882
lol
>>
>>61388057
Fake Train (their first album) or Repetition.
>>
I'd say Fugazi, ATDI or Slint are better t b h. Unwound are still great though
>>
>>61388158
OK thanks, will check them later
>>
their only good album is barely even post-hardcore at all
>>
>>61388219
New Plastic Ideas is their most post-hardcore sounding album though
>>
>>61387847
unwound are fucking boring
poor mans sonic youth
>>
goat career progression
>>
unwound is ok...

I rather alexisonfire and at the drive in
>>
>>61388197
>Fugazi, ATDI
lmao
>or Slint
putting them into the same category as Unwound is just plain stupid

Honestly if you ask me, I'd say that they're by far the best post-hardcore band ever. There are great bands like June of 44, Shipping News, Rodan, Husker Du, Drive Like Jehu, Albini's bands, early emo bands etc., but nothing can even come close to Unwound in terms of cohesiveness, consistency and quality
>>
>>61388324
see
>>61388273
>>
>>61388324
>complains about Slint being called post-hardcore
>calls June of 44, Shipping News, and Rodan post-hardcore
wut
>>
>>61388366
Yeah, jo44 and shipping news are closer to slint than they're to traditional post-hardcore, but rodan is as post and as hardcore as it gets desu senpai
>>
lol leaves turn inside you is honestly such a boring album. like they were creative but the music they made was just so boring. it makes me want to sleep
>>
>>61388324
You don't like Fugazi? I'm all for personal taste but that's going to make it hard for me to take your opinion seriously
>>
>>61388324
>putting them into the same category as Unwound is just plain stupid
Yeah, cause Slint were far more revolutionary. Unwound basically took their already poppy sound and made it even more washed out.
>>
>>61388384
>bands can't be multiple genres at once
rodan is post-hardcore, yes, but at the same time you could easily call their music indie rock, math rock, post-rock, or just punk for fuck sake.

unwound fans are fucking retarded
>>
File: ugh.png (24 KB, 780x228) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
24 KB, 780x228
>>61388396
oh shit now i am ashamed of myself
>>
File: queik.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
queik.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
>>61387847
I must have a very narrow definition of post-hardcore because mine is Quicksand - Slip
>>
File: freshoutofhecks.jpg (16 KB, 406x426) Image search: [Google]
freshoutofhecks.jpg
16 KB, 406x426
>>61388443
wow u r a cool individual
>>
>>61388408
underrated
>>
File: cover.jpg (176 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
176 KB, 1200x1200
does anyone here like breach
>>
>>61388443
m8 LTIY is not at all a bad album but they had pretty much ditched post-hardcore by then.
if you're the same guy proclaiming them to be the best post-hardcore act and listening most to that album then it doesn't really look like you are into post-hardcore
not that there's anything wrong with that but it's a little funny
>>
>>61388687
Fuck yeah! Kollapse and It's me God are such amazing records!
>>
>>61389020
venom too, to a lesser extent

imo aside from friction, breach have a flawless discography
>>
>>61388450

This
>>
File: D8CLy.jpg (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
D8CLy.jpg
10 KB, 500x500
this right here tbqh
>>
>>61388324
>>Fugazi
>lmao
i'll take "i listened to 'leaves' one hour ago and decided to make this thread ecks dee lol" for 200, alex
>>
>>61389060
Yeah, I started thinking after posting and you are right, they pretty much do. Friction isn't bad either, just not quite as amazing!
>>
>>61389311
have you heard the old wind? it's basically breach 2.0

except slower and angrier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNWJ8FFkDYE
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.