[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /mu/ heard of Einsturzende Neubauten? if so, what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: blixa.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
blixa.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Has /mu/ heard of Einsturzende Neubauten? if so, what's your opinion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYhgqFBs19w
>>
>>61386172
one of my favourite bands. everyone here who likes Coil should check them out... they are similar in that they started out making industrial music and moved through a wide variety of genres. also EN is better than Coil imo.

what did you think of Lament? it's their only album that I don't really like, although to be fair it's not really a proper album
>>
They're pretty dope, although I really think they shouldve renamed themselves after Tabula Rasa when Einheit left. Silence is Sexy is a good album but it really marked a turning point in their discography.
>>
>>61386317
Lament is a fucking trainwreck, really made me feel like they've lost touch.
>>
>>61386695
You shut your mouth. Lament is AOTY
>>
>>61386172
Listened to them a while back and thought they were really good. For some reason I haven't revisited them.
>>
>>61386172
haven't heard of these guys before but the song you posted is really nice.
>>
File: neubauten tatoo.jpg (54 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
neubauten tatoo.jpg
54 KB, 500x734
>>61386172
Litteraly in the top 10 of the greatest bands of all time. I'm not a fan of the first two albums (they're interesting in an artistic way but i just can't like it) but all of their albums from 1985 to 2001 are fucking great.

Btw, i'm thinking of getting a Neubauten tatoo, It would look pretty neat
>>
>>61387284
As far as band tattoos go, that's probably one of the better ones.
>>
>>61386172
Yeah, they're great. I'm surprised that /mu/ doesn't talk much about them
>>
I always wondered is Skinny Puppy on the same level as neubauten and throbbing gristle?
>>
>>61386172
4real, it's a popular group. How anyone even briefly interested in music can possibly not know them?
>>
>>61386317
Lament was really neat conceptually, with the songs. The one where the days of the war were played out with beats with a new one for each respective nation was very cool.

Not as good as their more solid works, though.
>>
>>61387707
Same level in what way?
>>
File: 1449187724189.jpg (152 KB, 700x847) Image search: [Google]
1449187724189.jpg
152 KB, 700x847
>>61386317
>also EN is better than Coil imo.
They're close, but I wouldn't go that far
>>
>>61387707
For me they are, I don't like most of their newer music though. Download on the otherhand is even better than Skinny Puppy
>>
Great band
my favorites are Halber Mensch and Ende Neu despite the hate it gets
>>
>>61386317
>EN is better than Coil
no don't play yourself familyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw-eRvN78uk
>>
>>61388104
Musick to play in the dark is the best Coil album
Not even Ape of Naples can reach it
>>
>>61388186
As a Coil fan I agree, my first Coil experience and it was intense, horse rotorvator after that
>>
File: blixa.jpg (32 KB, 430x285) Image search: [Google]
blixa.jpg
32 KB, 430x285
>>61386172
>what's your opinion?
Blixa is a fucking god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdBrATEMPjM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kdLmXRmEec
>>
>>61387707
They aren't really the same subgenre of industrial if that's what you mean but any quality statement about those bands is inherently subjective
>>
>>61386172
When I was 14 and learning to play the drums I discovered NNNAAAMMM and couldn't wrap my head around the 9/4 beat. I played it over and over trying to follow it until one day it clicked.
So I guess Einsturzende Neubauten is how I learned about non 4/4 beats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDgHkvhmTg
>>
Credcore
>>
Best band of the first wave of industrial music. I honestly don't understand how people can think Throbbing Gristle were better.
>>
File: 21mauc3.jpg (70 KB, 1287x265) Image search: [Google]
21mauc3.jpg
70 KB, 1287x265
>>61386317
Lament is alright, not the best
>>61386695
Blixa claims it should not be considered as an EN album as it was commission
>>61389162
Agreed
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.