[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What headphones does /mu/ recommend. I currently own the ath
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 470x313
What headphones does /mu/ recommend. I currently own the ath m50 (pic related) but I'm giving them away.
>>
i bought a pair of 558s and coming from shit like plantronic 780s i have never heard music sound so good, and wondering if i should get an amp/dac to push them
>>
hit me up with those m50's senpai my UE 6000's finally gave up the ghost
>>
>>61386068
i might just get one of fiios just to have a physical volume knob, and not worrying if my realtek is the best
>>
File: 20151230_224140.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151230_224140.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
These aren't bad one bit OP
>>
>>61386774
these are good, hope you got a quiet room though
>>
Sennheiser 650 and meze 88

Decent mid range cans desu.
>>
>>61387388
>Recommending Meze headphones

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/27616-meze-11-classics-earphones-just-an-overpriced-rebranded-chinese-product/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/45149-about-the-meze-scandal-the-problem-and-a-shoutout-to-linus/

http://www.head-fi.org/t/640841/meze-esmooth/15#post_9263714

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/other-hardware/meze-using-esmooth-headphones/149360

Meze are just a bunch of chancers trying to sell mediocre headphones to the audiophile crowd by dressing them up in beautiful wooden 'clothing'.
>>
I have the at m50x and I like them for out and about/ noise cancelling (I prefer the removable cable to the m50) but I like to use my sennheiser hd598s at home. Open back; nice clear, natural sound. Got them for a good price a while back.
>>
File: Fidelio_X2.jpg (120 KB, 1250x1486) Image search: [Google]
Fidelio_X2.jpg
120 KB, 1250x1486
>>61385425
Fidelio X2
>>
Beyerdynamic DT770 - 250 ohm were my first good pair, and I still like them a lot. If you like a lot of bass get the 80 ohm version, but I prefer the more neutral sound of the 250. Plus, they work fine with a FiiO E10K.

If you wanna go higher tier, Sennheiser HD600 or HD650, although you'll have to invest a lot in a good amp for those.
>>
>>61385425
I will recommend headphones in three price ranges that are all legit fantastic

cheap: koss sportapro (literally the koss ksc35 with a headband, you can replace it with clips even), koss ksc75.

moderate - sony mdr v6 - probably the headphones tour favorite album was mastered on.

high-moderate - sennheiser 598 - these are great

I've used a lot of headphones and don't personally see a difference in QUALITY between any of these. different but equal. mdr v6 is probably the most neutral it gets.
>>
>>61385425
Why are you giving them away?
>>
>>61385425

take a look at the infographic from /g/
>>
AD900X, I love em
>>
If I were to set a preliminary budget of $60 and say that I want something a similar shape to the Porta Pro (maybe a little less faggy) but want to hear each of the instruments in the Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, what would you recommend?
>>
sennhieser 518's

I'd recommend them + they're dirt cheap. If I connect them to my DAC they get too bassy, but using just my inbuilt soundcard they sound really pleasant, even if it's not the most detailed sound.
>>
>>61389737
AKG K240, $56 on amazon right now
>>
>>61390065
How are those for walking around?
>>
Shure SRH440. They're so nice
>>
>>61390210
Not so good. I'd only recommend for indoor use.
>>
>>61390410
See I wanted to use them outdoors, hence why I mentioned the Porta Pro.
>>
Cheap Grado is noice
>>
>>61389737
id really recommend the superlux hd668(b?). i have them, they look like akgs but cheaper, but they're really accurate. probably the most neutral headphones under $40 (maybe $30). they're open ear though, so won't really work in loud places
>>
>>61390849
But can they be worn outside?
>>
>>61390952
if you mean in terms of aesthetics, they're pretty big. if you mean in terms of noise reduction/cancellation, they're not great but you can still use them. open ear also means others can hear your music, but unless you're near deaf that won't really happen with these. i don't recommend headphones, of any kind, for outside use, since open ear is almost necessary for better quality. you can look for closed ear headphones that still come close to that level of quality, but it'll probably run you up a bill. earbuds are meant for outside use, and even the non-isolating ones pretty much isolate sound anyway on their own. honestly, i really don't get why people just can't do things without taking a break from music once in a while, not to mention it could be a safety hazard.
>>
File: 1451427220639.jpg (10 KB, 228x223) Image search: [Google]
1451427220639.jpg
10 KB, 228x223
>>61390065
I snagged some of these brand fucking new from Musicians Friend last week for $41 with free shipping
>>
>>61391213
Nice bargain, hope you like them
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.