[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just listening to this for the first time knowing nothing about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: illinois.jpg (741 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
illinois.jpg
741 KB, 900x900
Just listening to this for the first time knowing nothing about the artist beforehand. It's not bad at all so far. What does /mu/ think about it? I've seen it posted here before, but I'm new as fuck.
>>
/mu/ loves it and generally considers it his best album along with Adz

usually only contrarians dont like it
>>
Contrarian here. It's gay af. But if you have to get it out of your system, rather sooner than later. Michigan is better, but sucks too.
>>
>>61364689
use the archive next time https://rbt.asia/mu/
search it up. it's been discussed to death
google reviews and such and see discussion about it on various forums
>>
>>61364763

Do you usually listen to this kind of music and just dislike this artist, though, or do you listen to entirely different things?
>>
>>61364689
the arrangements are simplistic, affected, precocious and ostentatious. Often the vocal melodies continue this theme. Also, until a few of the tracks of C&L (and some from seven swans), he struck me as rather insincere. He's very good at making pretty yet ultimately soulless baroque folk pop.
>>
>>61364801
I usually listened to crap like this back when it was released. The album is over ten years old. Holy fuck.
>>
>>61364689
It's really really gay
>>
>>61364899

What do you listen to now?
>>
>>61364914
Not a great question. Just pursue the music you like and keep listening. Your taste will grow with time. When you're young, everything sounds good, because it's all new to you.
>>
>>61364871
>arrangements are simplistic
totally false
if anyone is pretentious or insincere it's you
>>
>>61364871
Yeah, no they aren't. Maybe you're referring to the minimalism in tracks like Chicago, but that's what it is, Minimalism.
Other tracks like Night Zombies, The Wasp of the Palisades or The Broadest Shoulders have insane melody mashups through imitative polyphony
>>
>>61364689
worst state in the us
>>
I was you about 9 months ago OP, didn't really get it on my first listen. Now it's probably my favourite album. I really like the orchestration and the perfectionist nature of it. I hope you enjoy it.
>>
>>61358570
>>
>listen to it on chinese streaming site
>chicago is the superior adult contemporary version

why is it so much better holy fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mLSeqNS8rs
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.