[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /mu/ think of this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
what does /mu/ think of this album?
>>
idk what's on that album but if it's Scar Tissue, it's good. There was actually a discussion about this two days ago, people generally thought it was mediocre but overaverage. Some people were still in love with it before they convinced themselves they were too cool to like it though.
>>
The production is the worst part about it
>>
>>61357275
why do you act like that

can't you just appreciate something that's actually pretty good instead of acting like some fucking elite music review... we're on an anonymous image board for fuck sake you don't have to pretend to be cool. just because you got bullied in grades 2-12 doesn't mean you have to act tough online.
>>
>>61357215
Good album, but for the most part it marked the end of the more funky, goofy style and sound that made them a great band.
Kiedis trying to sing melodically was a bad idea. He sounds much better when he's not trying to be mature and an actual singer.
>>
>>61357406
>
That
>>
lots of filler and bad production
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 953x953
FUCK RHCP
FUCK KIEDIS
FUCK WARNER BROTHERS

LISTEN TO PIC RELATED
>>
>>61357215
HOW LOOONG
HOW LOOOOOONG
WILL I SLIDE
>>
>>61357406
it's true though
the production is notably terrible
i really like a lot of the songs on it, but that one problem stops me from revisiting it often
>>
like why are rhcp albums so long

there is literally no scenario where this kind of music could warrant a 70 minute album even if all the songs were as good as the singles

there's like 30-35 minutes worth of good material here although obviously it's ruined by le brickwall man's mastering

still their third best after BSSM

their best album will be their singles collection. i've never heard their singles collection but i've heard their singles and i've heard enough of their albums to know this is so
>>
Some great tracks

Around the world
Parallel universe
Scar tissue
Otherside
Californication
Easily

Everything else is filler, as are most of Chili Peppers albums. This one might have the most good songs tho
>>
>>61357406
>he is saying bad thign about the thing i like i must lash out! rahh!
>>
>>61357215
This, Boston's s/t, and Radiohead were the soundtrack to my high school experience, so I'll always have a fond place for it. I still legitimately enjoy spinning it from time to time.

The "serious" music lover in me has to admit Kiedis's lyrics can be pretty garbage, though.
>>
BSSM > MM > Freaky Styley > OHM > By the Way > Self Titled > Californication > UMPP > Stadium Arcadium > Album that I refuse to acknowledge

In general, early >>>>>> later
>>
>>61357406
god damn you're fucking thick skulled
>>
>>61357642
Agreed. ffs why are there there always fucking cringeworthy songs in their albums like 'get on top'?
>>
Shitty production. Is the vinyl version any better?
>>
lyrics suck and bad production, 0 contrast
>>
>>61357406
>some fucking elite music review

buttmad ledditor or neanderthal /b/tard? either way, underageb&
>>
>>61357215
Basically their best album.
>>
>>61357406
Damn, Andy. freshmen year of college made you really mature.
>>
I never really thought about it, then I put on Otherside on a whim the other day

Fucking amazing song, everything is perfect. The video is so good too.
>>
>>61357642
this velvet glove
purple stain
right on time

you can't convince me the songs you listed are better than those three. but i do agree there is a lot of filler. i've never met anyone who likes get on top or i like dirt.
>>
>>61357275
>>61357583

Get fucked. Some of Jimi's or Bob Marley's songs are terrible sound quality but the song itself is amazing. You really gonna not listen to legendary music because of recording issues?

Learn to appreciate music
>>
is there a good mastered version of this album?
>>
>>61357642
velvet glove is pretty solid
>>
>>61357215
The best songs are This Velvet Glove, Emit Remmus and Other Side. It was one of the first albums I really loved but looking back some of the songs are seriously shite.
>>
>>61361600
I think there was alternative master
>>
>>61361870
I'll try to find it cheers
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.