[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a guitar a year ago and I almost never played it. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: DyYMajv.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
DyYMajv.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
I bought a guitar a year ago and I almost never played it. I realized I'm not actually interested in guitar. I want to play the electric keyboard. But now I'm stuck with a guitar and amp and if I buy a keyboard I'll feel like an idiot for wasting my money. But still I feel like the guitar just doesn't inspire me and the keyboard makes some beautiful sounds. What should I do?
>>
get a Keytar
>>
>>61337762
Sell your guitar and amp
>>
>inspire
faggot

Learn to play the guitar while you save up for a keyboard.
>>
>>61337783
literally why not just do this tbqh familia
>>
>>61337783
I tried to sell stuff on craigslist before and I had bad experiences. I dunno if it's worth going to the guitar store and low balled hardcore
>>
Haha fucking loser.
Just stick to the guitar while you get the money for a real keyboard
>>
File: 1443821551268.gif (2 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
1443821551268.gif
2 MB, 235x180
>>61337762
You're going to get the keyboard, then you're not going to want to play it for a year. Then you'll be interested in drums. You'll buy a set, but won't touch them after a year. Then the violin will catch your interest. You'll pick one up, but won't even practice with it.

See where I'm going with this?
>>
>>61338239
What he means, OP, is keep everything and buy everything.
>>
>>61337762
Give it to me
>>
>>61337762
>But now I'm stuck with a guitar and amp and if I buy a keyboard I'll feel like an idiot for wasting my money.
who fucking gives a shit man do you know how much fucking money I've wasted on stupid projects that went nowhere

if you stop doing it then you sit on ass doing not a goddamned thing at all

if you have the opportunity to waste money on frivolous shit without going hungry then you fucking do it until something works
>>
Keep in mind the sunk cost fallacy. The money you spent on the guitar stuff is in the past and has no relevance to future decisions. And yes, you can sell it. You could probably manage at least 150 USD for both so that would get you a decent ways to affording a $500 Casio Privia.
>>
>>61337762
Dude just learn some chords on the guitar. You'll be doing the same thing on a keyboard. Absolutely no downside at all to learn guitar while you wait for a keyboard.
>>
>>61337762
I'd recommend finding a way, if possible, to get some practice on a piano before deciding if you want to buy one or not. It takes significantly longer to get satisfying results on the piano than on the guitar so you have to be willing to put a significant amount of time in.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.