[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of getting this. Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot (448).png (169 KB, 1037x397) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (448).png
169 KB, 1037x397
I'm thinking of getting this. Is it any good?
>>
A CD player would play your records better than that abomination
>>
>>61307479
If you like music, no.
>>
>>61307502
>>61307505
Point taken.
>>
Nah

Read the sticky.
>>
Fucking hell, the selection is awful. None of them even have a basic counterweight.
>>
>>61307479
I don't know much about vinyls but avoid at all cost anything that has "speakers included"
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 744x1044) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 744x1044
>>61307479
If youre going to go cheap, get this one.
>real tonearm with counterweight
>can upgrade the cartridge
>>
While we're discussing TTs can anyone explain to me what the 45 rpm adapter is for? Why do I need it to play 45 rpm records?
>>
>>61307762
Some 45's have a larger center hole that requires the adapter to hold it in place
>>
>>61307479
no counter-weight = DONT GET
i made that mistake
>>
>>61307704
Thank you, I don't have much to spend.
>>
>>61307479
no that will sound like garbage and ruin your records
get an at-lp120 or vintage turntable, and read this: http://southphillyrecords.com/buying-a-vintage-turntable/

tl;dr
don't buy anything without an adjustable counterweight (this includes the at-lp60)
if you're buying a used turntable get direct drive
if you get a used one you'll probably have to replace the needle (but it'll prob still be cheaper than buying a new unit that isn't shit)
>>
>>61307802
You will need a preamp, Pyle sells one for it that is $12, model PP999. My buddy has this and it's decent for the price, sounds pretty good actually and won't trash your records.
>>
>>61307704
Shit that thing even has anti-skate, it looks like a decent deal for a starter turntable.
>>
>>61307946
>>61307704
It looks pretty good on paper, but the negative reviews should make you skeptical.
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLTTB1-Professional-Belt-Drive-Turntable/product-reviews/B00009V3TU/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

It's probably better than a Crosley, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>61308048
I've seen it in person, and it is plastic and cheap, but it sounds surprisingly good. My friend runs it though a 90s Technics AV receiver and some American Accoustics floor speakers (late 80s?) and has had no problems with it over the last year.
>>
>>61308048
It seems the problem with this is that it isn't reliable. It seems that the problem with the crosley is that it destroys you records. Different imo.
>>
>>61308209
Still not worth the money if it breaks within a few months.
You can probably find a good vintage turntable for cheaper.
>>
>>61308291
Vintage is always better than the new cheaper turntables. I constantly check the thrift shops around here and haven't found anything besides 80s all-in-one shit.
>>
>>61307479
look for a decent clarinette 125
>>
If you dont have enough money to get a good turntable DONT GET INTO VINYL. All record collecting is just expense after expense. It can be fun and rewarding, but if you only have $60 disposable income find a different hobby.
>>
>>61309640
this
if you can't afford a $250 turntable then how do you expect to buy records? And if you have that little spending money you shouldn't be blowing it on records
>>
BUY USED
if you do it right you'll get a better deal and a better turntable than any of this plastic garbage
>>
>>61307824
>http://southphillyrecords.com/buying-a-vintage-turntable/
I have a turntable already but thats a nice guide for a newbie, im gonna post that in future identical threads
>>
File: IMG_8505.jpg (207 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8505.jpg
207 KB, 1000x667
I've been thinking about getting the U-turn Orbit. Does anyone know how well it performs?
>>
>>61311965
its ok for the price but >>61309985
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.