[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
J-pop Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
>>
Do you like forcing shitty fucking memes like a degenerate faggot with nothing to do?

You do? Good. The first step towards being a better person is acknowledging you're a piece of shit.

Your "Art Angels is Jpop XD" meme has never been funny. Never will. Nobody scrolls down the catalog, sees your post and laughs. They fucking ignore it. Why? Because you're a pathetic little 9gag crossposting memester with nothing better to do besides force shitty memes on an anonymous imageboard. Get a life. Go outside. Stop making fucking threads about a fucking buttrock band being death metal. We're sick of this. I'm sick of this.

But you know what? No. I won't stop there. Have you ever sat down and thought, "I could be productive?" Have you? If you haven't then here's a newsflash. In that time it took to create this thread you could have called that one girl that looks at you longingly and request a date. But no, you post a fucking "Jpop" thread. Ever stop to think about what you could be doing if you didn't waste your life away in your parents' basement posting memes?

You could be an astronaut. You could be the CEO of a profitable company. You could be rich. Or, instead, you chose to post memes.

That said, It's cover does kinda look like anime . Fuck off, meme poser
>>
OH SHIT IS THIS THE GRIMES THREAD? *Holds up spork*
>>
i especially like kill v. maim, sound like it would be perfect for a castlevania anime
>>
File: hello.jpg (90 KB, 680x735) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
90 KB, 680x735
>>61292194
>>
>>61292194
I understand the frustration of fans who did not expect such sugary music from Claire. But at the same time, this was bound to happen considering her anime influence. This is probably the closest we will get to hearing J-pop/K-pop type music on mainstream chart this side of the continent. For that I'm proud! But it's already evident that there will be a strong backlash as well.

Yes, I still prefer the experimentalism of her previous material; especially my favorite album Geidi Primes. But this is a new chapter, another flavor in her catalog, and it's still 'WTF' crazy in parts.

Who else would release a single that showcases a Taiwanese singer? (Track 3 - Scream). And I believe the first single, "Flesh Without Blood", was a good choice since it's clear she 'doesn't care' what you people think.

I love how there are more guitars on this album! Although I personally prefer the demo version of "REALiTi" (which is supposedly included as a bonus track of the deluxe version). Don't forget "World Princess part II", which is a lot more bubblegum now! Along with the crazy illustrations that come with each song.

In the end, I probably like this album more for sentimental reason. Especially the westernized take at J-pop ;) Thank you Grimes!
>>
>>61292194
Do you like forcing shitty fucking memes like a degenerate faggot with nothing to do?

You do? Good. The first step towards being a better person is acknowledging you're a piece of shit.

Your "Your 'Art Angels is Jpop XD' meme has never been funny. Never will. Nobody scrolls down the catalog, sees your post and laughs. They fucking ignore it. Why? Because you're a pathetic little 9gag crossposting memester with nothing better to do besides force shitty memes on an anonymous imageboard. Get a life. Go outside. Stop making fucking threads about a fucking buttrock band being death metal. We're sick of this. I'm sick of this." meme has never been funny. Never will. Nobody scrolls down the catalog, sees your post and laughs. They fucking ignore it. Why? Because you're a pathetic little 9gag crossposting memester with nothing better to do besides force shitty memes on an anonymous imageboard. Get a life. Go outside. Stop making fucking threads about a fucking buttrock band being death metal. We're sick of this. I'm sick of this.

But you know what? No. I won't stop there. Have you ever sat down and thought, "I could be productive?" Have you? If you haven't then here's a newsflash. In that time it took to create this thread you could have called that one girl that looks at you longingly and request a date. But no, you post a fucking "Jpop" thread. Ever stop to think about what you could be doing if you didn't waste your life away in your parents' basement posting memes?

You could be an astronaut. You could be the CEO of a profitable company. You could be rich. Or, instead, you chose to post memes.

>>
>>61292255
Did Grimes hire someone from deviantart for that? Is this confirmation of her mental illness?
>>
My problem with this album is similar to my problem with "LP1" by FKA Twigs. All the "imaginative" and "lush" sounds feel phoned in. When the experimental side of the album shows up, it just feels awkward because it's such in direct contrast with the rest of the song (Kill V. Maim is a good example of this IMO)

There are artists who combine pop and experimentation far better and more gracefully than Art Angels (Kate Bush, Susanne Sundfor, Janelle Monae, Tune-Yards), and I also feel that there are better current pop stars in terms of making great melodies, choruses, etc. (Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Alunageorge, Robyn). Therefore, I think that Art Angels is like the awkward middle child in the world of female pop. I don't think it's experimental enough to be exciting or interesting, yet it's not poppy enough to be any fun. It ends up sounding like fucking J-pop of all things.

Some songs succeed such as "Venus Fly", with it's booming bass and frenzied synths, but for the most part, this is a mediocre J-pop album hiding under brief and awkward moments of experimentation
>>
>>61292314

Your "Your 'Art Angels is Jpop XD' meme has never been funny. Never will. Nobody scrolls down the catalog, sees your post and laughs. They fucking ignore it. Why? Because you're a pathetic little 9gag crossposting memester with nothing better to do besides force shitty memes on an anonymous imageboard. Get a life. Go outside. Stop making fucking threads about a fucking buttrock band being death metal. We're sick of this. I'm sick of this." meme has never been funny. Never will. Nobody scrolls down the catalog, sees your post and laughs. They fucking ignore it. Why? Because you're a pathetic little 9gag crossposting memester with nothing better to do besides force shitty memes on an anonymous imageboard. Get a life. Go outside. Stop making fucking threads about a fucking buttrock band being death metal. We're sick of this. I'm sick of this.

>>
File: hello.jpg (428 KB, 2375x1970) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
428 KB, 2375x1970
>>61292328
>>
I'd rather not do one of those "I'm having a really bad night and this record is the only thing that's helping" reviews, but I'm having a really bad night and this record is the only thing that's helping. I don't know what it's doing, exactly, but I really needed this– I needed what Claire can do with her voice here, which is more than what she did on Visions, now safely cast in my mind as Art Angels's elegant, moonlit twin. It's great to see her finally embrace the Japanese obsession she has had since her youth, as I needed the characters she can play, the prop room's worth of textures and tones she can manage, the way she hurls herself with full theatrical force into every syllable she sings, the sense that her dives across the proscenium are enervating and sustaining my poor tired brain, which feels like it's stuffed with cotton when I play anything else.

I dunno– she understands what I need on nights like these. And we all have nights like these, frazzled and anxious nights when eight hours of being Gone make for an appealing idea but we're too wired to lie down, but really good music always feels like it's made either just for you or as a kind of unifying global anthem, and I've already played– and needed to play– this revivifying tonic of an album like six times since getting it earlier today, every repetition too soothing and exhilarating to let me get away with putting on anything else for long.

Visions is the more nocturnal album– hell, Art Angels is a kind of fractured, eccentric J-pop– but it's no better at soothing a numbed and aching nervous system than this... this fucking masterpiece.

Play it at the beach when you're in a great mood and it'll be every bit as good.
>>
>>61292194
i dunno dawg, it kinda sounds like j-pop to me.
>>
>>61292146
>being this autistic about anime on a chinese cartoon message board
stop projecting you neckbearded shitposter
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.