[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got a set of ATH-M50xs What song should I put on first?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151225_100627.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151225_100627.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
Just got a set of ATH-M50xs
What song should I put on first?
>>
Ima hijack this thread cuz fuck you.

Should I get these or the AKG K240s? The AKGs are going for $50.
>>
oh hey that makes two of us. Personally my first listen with them was Funeralopolis
>>
>>61260310
put on some fka twigs.
>>
Radiohead

Shit music for shit cans
>>
>>61260325
Go with the ATH
>>
>>61260358
ATH-M50x's are bad? How?
>>
>>61260391
they arent
>>
>>61260391
dont listen to the trolls buddy, the headphones are fine
>>
>>61260332
My guy
>>
>>61260391
uncomfortable. Enjoy rubbing your ears every hour. Have fun with those extended listening sessions that won't happen because of the clamping pain on your poor ears.
If you wank stains cared just a little bit about your music you'd pay money for comfort and neutrality. ATH have neither.
>>
>>61260389
But they're too expensive
>>
>>61260443
I have had mine for over a year now. They are comfy. Only headphones I ever had that wernt were Grado i60. Those hurt after a while on top of the head and ears
>>
>>61260418
I'm new to the /mu/ community. I've been lurking for a few years now, and just haven't had enough time to do research on headphones with my job being so time consuming, so I just asked my brother, he said these, so I ordered them without reading any reviews.
>>
>>61260325
Go with AKG.
AKG make uncomfortable headphones but you can easily replace the pads
>See Z reviews for details on what to buy

Out of the two AKG is much more neutral, get ATH is your a junky bass head.
ATH are meme cans for kids

>>61260482
Mate your brother is a twat. And you are aswell for not reading reviews. Besides chances are you'd read 5 positive reviews without even looking at the cons you fookin bass head
>>
>he fell for the audiotechnica meme
condolences fám
>>
babbys first headphones
enjoy ur head clamp bubz
>>
>all this samefagging

How pathetic do you have to be to be mad over shit like this on Christmas?
>>
>>61260502
Well being an architect leaves me pretty much zero time to research. I was originally just gonna buy a pair of beats, but they sounded like garbage.
>>
>>61260631
If you want bang for your buck get Monoprice 8323s. Neutral as hell for the price, comes with great features for the price - detachable cables and folding aswell as 360* pad rotation. They can recieve a EQ damn well but the downside to their low price but great quality is the comfort and build. However if your willing to shill out some extra money you can buy a pair of HM5 pads which can easily replace the stock pads on the Monoprice's. Trust me I used the stock Monoprice for just under a year and when I decided to bite the bullet and replace them with HM5 pads the headphones became a god send. Great quality and portability and now with added comfort for longer listening sessions.

If however you want great everything for a really decent price you can always look towards Brainwavz HM5s. Incredibly neutral, like really neutral for their price, comfort is off the charts - they feel like literal clouds. Soundstage is pretty far away from your ear so you really hear the entire stage which makes music more "full" if you catch my termenology. The accessories you recieve with the headphones is incredible, not to mention a extra pair of the legendary HM5 pads (which can replace a huge amount of headphones on the market and are slowly becoming industry standard) Brands like audiotechnica now use a similar pad to the original hm5 pads on their newer ATH line.

This also goes out to any fool who fell for the audiotechnica meme
>>
mala anti war dub
>>
>>61260482
They're fine. A bit overrated at this, but extremely popular, which is why contrarians don't like them.
>>
>>61260744
>Monoprice 8323
I had them, they clamp too hard/heavy and are way too fucking warm/bloated bass heavy. Had to keep bending the headband, and eventually sewed a sock around it. Heard a lot of people's headband snapped from stretching. Gave it away after I bought the th-mx2's when they came out for $40

They sound much better and are more comfortable. The lower model, th02's have measurements online, and they perform better than the 8323. They're much cheaper now it seem though. The mx2's are also pretty indestructible, I treat them like shit since I hardly ever use them as I already have a pair of akg's at home and etymotics for outdoors.
>>
>>61260310
kanye

he mixes and produces with those headphones
>>
>>61260310
>>61260332
>oh hey that makes two of us
That makes three of us, lol.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.