[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I just listened to this album, now tell me how to feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7
File: Adele 25.png (57 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Adele 25.png
57 KB, 300x300
Hey guys I just listened to this album, now tell me how to feel about it because i can't think for myself.
>>
I CAN FEEL IT COMIN IN THE AIR TONIGHT

OH LORD
>>
Overrated. I know i sound like a hipster, but she's gotten more attention than she deserves.
>>
fat
>>
>>61232674
By that you mean "pop star milking lack of sex appeal"? Or just fat?
>>
>>61232659
She has a great voice and plays a major role in the songwriting process. People like you will always hate but Adele's a great one compared to most successful pop artist. If she was another cookie cutter flavor of the month looking for a pay day shite artist no way she waits 4 years between album.

As to the album, the first half is killer. Weakens a bit in the second half
>>
>>61232728
And by that I mean Hello through River Lea. Miss You is really the only weak track in that stretch
>>
>>61232728
Major role in songwriting process? You mean she has less than ten people write her songs? I don't hate her btw, more like tired indifference.
>>
>>61232773
She's responsible for most of the lyrics. Hell she originally got into the business with the intention of being a ghostwriter. But clearly because >she's a woman that means she can't be a quality songwriter. But continue you on with your ignorance I'm sure it's working out well in the real world >for you
>>
>>61232773
Yeah because nearly-obese Adele is clearly the ideal candidate for a cookie cutter pop artist. The stupid on this board is eye opening
>>
>>61232834
When did i say anything about her gender you dipshit? Fyi I got albums from Fiona Apple, Norah Jones, Patsy Cline, and tracks from Joan Jett and Sharon den Andel. Fuck off with your pc bullshit.
>>
>>61232962
>You mean she has less than ten people write her songs?
So you would assume this even if she was male? I seriously doubt it. She was literally a song-writer before becoming a full-time artist so clearly you were way off base (something I'm sure is not uncommon for you).

Just state you don't like her stuff before assuming she's a manufactured artist, which is clearly not he case and something you would likely never accuse of a male artist.

Has nothing to do with being PC but rather your underdeveloped brain can't handle processing the talent of a female.
>>
I hope this meme woman dies
>>
>>61232834
As for that "ignorance",it got me through four years in the Marine Corps, along with a degree in psychology and a career that pulls down 1200 a week. How's that pc shit going for you tool?
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 558x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 558x760
>>61233140
>>
>>61233059
Says the tool that brought up gender before anyone else. Says more about you than me.
>>
without commenting on her character, i just can't stand her music
>>
>>61233166
2nd Bat E Co Plt 2115 squad 3. Santa Cruz State University.
>>
>>61233059
no i just assume all mainstream pop and major label music has a bunch of peopel involved in its writing and it isnt the genuine expression of anyone. i dont think bruno mars, justin bieber, or one direction write their own songs either.
>>
>>61233207
Wew lad
>>
>>61233140
>went to the Marines
So were you poor as shit growing up or just a complete fuck up?

also
>pulling in less than 75k with a college degree
Dear lord I pray for you that's after tax. Fucking pathetic. I hope you're not trying to support a family on that income.
>>
>>61233140
its funny but youre completely right. ignorance is the only possible way someone woudl join the marine corps. be a pawn to the american government which is controlled by the interests of the rich and corpotations. youde have to be super ignorant to think fighting or killing somebody for this country is a good thing.
>>
>>61233275
I swear he's baiting.
He calls others tools but he's in the military, which makes you the ultimate tool.
>>
>>61233275
Family tradition. There's been one member from my dad's side in the Corps since the banana wars. No ball and chain holding me down=comfortable lifestyle.
>>
>>61233310
Yeah for sure is bait. Marines is like finishing at the top of the special olympics and attempting to use it as a sign of respect only further supports their retardation. So it makes sense to assume their bullshitting. Have not met anyone who considers marine duty as a positive
>>
>>61233383
If it makes your inferiority complex easier to handle, you tell yourself that.
>>
She sucks and she never shows her feet or tits.
>>
>>61233419
Uh sure. I really hope you live in the South otherwise you'll find no one who considers your "service" a positive. In normal parts of the US people will just see you as another braindead solider too dumb to succeed without sacrificing part of their life for government assistance
>>
>>61233492
Servicemembers are respected here in Santa Cruz. That's Surf City to you, my soft-bellied friend. Did you get your ass kicked by a trooper or something?
>>
>>61233624
Not that guy but he is right.
>>
>>61233624
Nah I just live in a progressive city where soldiers are considered dead-end losers with no other options other than risking their lives for the military industrial complex. Glad to hear you still live in 1950s America. Must be a good place for those with mental retardation and PTSD.
>>
>>61232403
How did you decide to listen to it if you can't think for yourself?
>>
>>61233492
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>61233704
>/Reddit/
>/pol/
>/anywherebuthere/
>>
>>61233718
Lol forgot my ebin arrows
>>>/Reddit/
>>>/pol/
>>>/anywherebuthere/
>>
>>61233695
Just remember: Whenever you hear the word "progressive", understand that it means "Marxist".
>>
>>61233704
Why are you even here? Everyone considers you a complete joke and their minds will not be swayed especially by an outcaste in that group
>>
>>61233695
>Nah I just live in a progressive city

So, San Franpsycho the home of the Folsom Street Fair, homeless junkies laying everywhere, and the fetid stench of marijuana everywhere.
>>
>>61233764
>doesn't deny that he's from Tumblr

Your Honor, the defense requests a recess.
>>
>>61233659
How so? "Normal" isn't used to describe any geographical portion of the country. I live in the bay area and been to Oregon, Utah, New York, North Carolina, and Maine and I've never heard of anyone with an attitude like that outside of Westboro. That or a trooper beat their ass or fucked their woman, which unfortunately happens.
>>
>>61233768
Holy autism.
>>
>>61233788
Never mind him. He doesn't know anything outside his Starbucks liberal arts major hipster friends.

"I don't understand how this happened. Everyone I know voted for McGovern."

-- Pauline Kael
>>
>>61233695
Santa Cruz. What part of that isn't getting through to you, dunce?
>>
>>61233788
>my anecdotal evidence
People don't always say their true thoughts out loud if you haven't noticed already.
No matter how many people kiss ass.
>>
>>61233841
So we're just gonna keep memeing?

>>61233846
You must be really dumb if you think people don't read.
>>
>>61233841
The people here aren't even like that, shit, there's more hawks here than there is in NC. I think it's just an inferiority complex.
>>
File: 1447797630246.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447797630246.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>61232728
>Adele's a great one compared to most successful pop artist

That really isn't saying much, anon.
>>
>>61233881
So Surf City isn't "progressive" to you dumbass? Tell me you went to "special" school, because nobody can be this stupid and not have an extra chromosome.
>>
>>61233333
>>
There's not even a debate to be had here. If you waste any time in the US military you are either a) too dumb to.accomplish of your goals in a reasonable manner or b) too poor to accomplish any goals period.
>>
File: jhonn-balance-memorandum.jpg (30 KB, 330x295) Image search: [Google]
jhonn-balance-memorandum.jpg
30 KB, 330x295
I haven't been on /mu/ for over a year.

What the fuck happened to you guys?
>>
>>61233940
Holy autismo.
My point is he already read that you live in Santa Claus.
Hop off my dick.
>>
>>61233960
Going off your posts, I can honestly say you'd be turned away for not scoring high enough on the ASVAB. Your spelling and grammar show subpar English proficiency and your inferiority complex alone would've made life in uniform a living hell. I feel only pity for the unsatisfying life you have, and if by some wild twist of fate you reproduce, hope those children turn out better than you did.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 514x536
>>61234066
Holy fedora.
>>
>>61234004
Tumblerinas and hipsters
>>
>>61234004
Inbreds and try hards.
>>
>>61232403

Her voice is fine enough, but the backing music isn't. If they still haven't figured out both need to be good then it's always going to be a waste of time listening to artists her like her because for as difficult as it is, "great" singers grow like mushrooms.
>>
>>61234004
The entire site has gone to shit countless times since 2011

Many of them have been in the last year
>>
>>61232728
>>61232834
>>61233059
completely transparent viraling. please go back to Reddit. only people over there are stupid enough to buy your fucking album on iTunes. the rest of us will likely ignore it or at the very best pirate it so that we can give it a poor score on RYM. also -

>writing lyrics
>songwriting
>>
File: 1444573048317.jpg (40 KB, 508x462) Image search: [Google]
1444573048317.jpg
40 KB, 508x462
>>61234210
Actually, poptism has fucked up so far up the ass that there are actual people here who think that.

But the fact that there's only 19 posters here might be a red flag.
>>
>>61232403
Mid tier and that's being generous. Go listen to TayTay for quality pop
>>
>>61234259
16*

my bad
>>
>>61234282
>Taylor Swift
>quality

I want this meme to stop.
>>
>>61234308
She's better than the landwhale OP listened to. Truth hurts
>>
>>61234344
>muh truth
Waifutards leave now.
>>
>>61234387
Dry your tears landwhale.
>>
File: IMG_3531.jpg (250 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3531.jpg
250 KB, 1024x768
>>61234344
Thanks for replying to my post but your assumption is wrong.

I don't like either of them.
>>
>>61234416
I get Adele, but taytay? Looks good, sounds good, can perform in different genres, and is kinda funny. What's not to like?
>>
>>61234403
No tears because Swift is shit either way.
It's okay waifutard.
>>
>>61234520
Pray tell, landwhale, how is she shit exactly? Do give a reason other than "she's better than me".
>>
>>61234259
oh, trust me, i have encountered many poptimists here, on other websites, and even in real life who share similar opinions, but those posts straight-up read like a press release. if this isn't an actual plant, then it's a woefully insulated music fan who is just regurgitating media narratives almost verbatim.
>>
>>61232403
it's not that bad.
but, it's not her best piece of work either.

It's worth a listen.
>>
>>61234599
They're both pretty shit, but Swift is irredeemable garbage.
>>
overproduced and boring af
>>
>>61234714
You keep saying that without explaining why. This isnt the random board, you fat fuck.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.