[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a modern masterpiece that will be studied by academia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Art Angels.jpg (76 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Art Angels.jpg
76 KB, 640x640
This is a modern masterpiece that will be studied by academia for decades to come...

Yet there are still people who hate this album, likely just to be contrarian ("anything popular can't be good!")

Is there another album that even comes close to how influential and landscape changing as this is?

I've never seen a convincing argument from all the haters that think this isn't one of the greatest albums of all time...

Discuss
>>
obviously b8 but just going to post that it's a competent album but that there's nothing special on it, no wow factor, no real creativity
she excels in removing what little individuality she has in favor of money making
>>
ky
>>
i like the album but i think the appeal is that she just shamelessly goes to emulate the pop stars of the 90s while still retaining some of her innate weirdness

its good as a pop album kinda makes you realize you dont hate pop music most pop musicians just do the 2 good singles and then filer fest whereas artangels has mostly good songs
>>
>>61230230
OP here
sorry, wrong pic
>>
File: cover.jpg (192 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
192 KB, 1500x1500
op meant to post this pic
>>
It's a really good album, but let's try not to oversell it.
>>
It's pretty good fellas.
>>
>>61230438
18 year old detected.
>>
>>61230448
I wish.
>>
I like it a lot.
>>
>>61230230
I actually like some of the tracks, I never expected Grimes to be a perfect musician, especially when I saw her pick a JB album on her Amoeba Records "What's in my bag?". REALiTi is great, Scream is a very weird track but I actually love it. However, there were tracks like Flesh without Blood or California that were too much of a modern pop thing, like something Tove Lo or Halsey would make, which we have already heard tons of times on the radio. Claire should try not to become one of these bitches and stick to her real talent which is the very atmospheric and paced production on her tracks.
>>
remember that album you really loved two three years back? me neither
>>
>Attempts to argue with people on /mu/ that Grimes did not sell out with Art Angels
>"What a Grimes Fag she did It's just stupid pop music for plebs"

>Makes thread with copy pasta stating Art Angels is a masterpiece
>"It's a really good album, but let's try not to oversell it".

Why is /mu/ so contrarian?
>>
>>61230230
the album isnt for me and i can appreciate her ambition but scream is such a bad song. just horrible
>>
it sounds like what I'd expect a parody of a Grimes album to sound

sad
>>
Art Angels was an incredibly disappointing album.

>>61230405
This however, is a modern day Pet Sounds.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.